Question (*s)
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Question (*s)

Question (*s)

How would a little(2-3) rotor go in a 205? ^O^ wondering what all you guys think snail snail ?
    Oh, i also have a viper alarm I wanna get installed into my 205 but no one in Perth seems to be able to do it for me due to it not being govt regulation. Any suggestions?!

<small>[ 05 July 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: purplepugWA ]</small>

Advertisement
    Y^O^Y Banzai

There's a thread about this in the performance modifications forum...

purplepugWA:

Oh, i also have a viper alarm I wanna get installed into my 205 but no one in Perth seems to be able to do it for me due to it not being govt regulation. Any suggestions?!
    Hello purplepug, why won't anyone bother with installing your alarm. Have you picked up the phone book and called around, are all the work/shops you visited too busy, doing goverment regualted work? Ring up your insurance company and see who they reccomend/use for such work maybe they can connect you to the right people. Also try car-audio stores you trust as they ussualy tend to cater for such things.
    Are you good at soldering? you could buy a cheap HOW-TO book from dick-smith and have a go yourself, if your confident that is.
    If i were in WA, id do it for you. Its a long story but i used to get paid to do stuff like that. 205's are pretty simple, just try not to break too much of the interior plastics..
    Cheers Xq

ps, as for Rotor in a 205, it would go in more or less the same way, just very modified mounts, ignition, fuel, gearbox etc.
    ... ptui!

Yeh, thats what i thought. I rang around and no one would do it for me or they were going to charge me stupid amounts. Nope, I cant do it myself.^^ 2 stupid. SO the rotary isnt really a feesible conversion?! Gotcha^^Y thanx
    Y^O^Y Banzai

I used to charge less for install ifi also suplied the Alarm, makin most of my profit from the diference in wholesale to retail price. So these guys are quoeting big dollars coz its about $50 dollars an hour and 3-4 hours depending on how many sensors, ancileries and how hard it is to set-up and work on the car.
    Wish i could help you but, unless you feel like an-interstate cruze, don't bet onit.
    I recommend that you sell the alarm to the highest bider and use that money to buy and ins all an alarm from a trusted dealer, as a good general rule, take them the car, show them what you have, tell them if you are getting better wheels, or a better stereo and were you generaly park the car. then suggest how much more for electronic central locking etc, which ads to the price.
    At mimnimum for the little 205, i recommend a alarm imobiliser combo, with 3 passive cut-out points, ignition, trunk, bonnet and hatch sensors, battery back up and i would ask for an internal siren, and a soft multi-tone exterior siren, rather than just a loud exterior one that will usually drive your neighbors mad..
    Also rolling code remotes and ask what batteries they use, so that you know you can get replacements.
    Also ask about instalation waranty, and parts incase you loose a remote etc. I spent $900 on a very good and reliable Black-Widow alarm,(which i spent the best part of a week doing a custom install on), but next time ill buy the RA from Rhino as they are built here in OZ and have great backup.
    I wouldn't bother with things like auto window winder, and phone pager unless you feel your little frog is a major crime target really. good luck and let me know if you need anymore help.
    as for the rotary, $15,000+++ and then go to your fav rotor workshop.
    cheers Xq
    ... ptui!

Hey there, this might help. Try "Marcos Mobile Auto Electrics" Ph 08 9377 3111 or Mob 0418-915-715. This guy seems quite switched on & has done a lot of work on French cars, I am getting him to install the spotties on my Xsara & elec windows, keyless entry on my DS21. Tell him Justin sent you via Geoffrey @ Chevron Downunder. citroen_ I no how bloody difficult it is to get mods done on any car in WA, I have owned many Pugs & Citroens & often end up banging my head against the wall! mallet Tell us how you go!~ What type of 205 is it?, I sold one a few years ago, it was a wonderful GTi with a Guttman exhaust, veeeery quick! Good Luck.
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Thanx, I'll give it a go. Nah, my 205 is just an avg one 87 140K. I think its a series 1. But eventually i wanna make it lockless so i want it done. I know it is expensive but worth doing i guess. ^^ my problem will then be finding the place, I keep getting lost in Perth and always find myself in South Perth! Its amazing....
    Y^O^Y Banzai

Thread Information