Anybody interested in "Total" Oils?
  • Register
  • Help

Anybody interested in "Total" Oils?

I'm waiting on a call back from a distributor in relation to genuine Total Brand oils.
    They have a variety of Synthetics and semi-synths that they sell, and the distributor in question is the one who supplies the LHM for Citroen cars down the east coast at a very competitive price (even allowing for the freight component.)
    I have tentatively made arrangements to get to Brisbane to see them prior to Christmas so I was wondering, how many owners would be interested in using the oil recommended by the manufacturer if I can swing a decent deal on it.
    With the LHM, I know the CCC of NSW buy it in fairly bulk quantities and on sell with a small mark up to members and as I haven't spoken to Craig as yet, I don't know if a similar deal is possible with the engine and gear oils also....no doubts I'll soon know. whip
    It will depend on price no doubt but they apparently do have a wide range of specs to choose from. Synths are kept in stock, but semis will have to be ordered in so if that's your forte' give me some indication of what you may require.
    FWIW, I understand Cits & Pugs are both developed using the Total fluids and being Froggy, I've no doubt there'd be a mention on the Renault range too. Their oils have a great reputation in the agricultural field I understand from speaking to a local reseller of that range of products, so it should all be top stuff for froggy cars.

Alan S cheers! a_drink

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

A lot of Peugeot dealers sell Total oils. My car is filled with Total Quartz 9000 each service, their fully synth oil.

Not cheap though, for the 4l, it's about $66!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

I think I pay about that much for 20 litres of Cadillac engine oil... well maybe a few bucks more.

But Cadillac don't supply vegetable base diff oil to suit my 404s... have Total got something in that line?

i'd be happy to buy Total oils. i've got the semi-synth Total 7000 which i bought for $28 4L from my dealer here. how much can you get it for??
    Then - 2001 206 Gti
    Now - 2000 306 Gti6
    Now - 1974 GS 1220 Club

I am interested in TOTAL oils.

As I have a 205 and 306 I want to have an oil that would work on both cars. Preferably like a 10W-40/50 fully synthetic.

Alan S,I had rung Onshore Oils, they offered me $45 for 4L of the 5W-40 Fully Synthetic TOTAL oils. I am still debating whether I should get that since 5W is a bit thin for my 205. However, if you can get it cheaper I am more than happy to get some.

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

alan im also very interested in this proposition too..(keep me in the loop)..

is that total oil better tham the moble 1
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

jfn306:
    is that total oil better tham the moble 1
    I don't know if it is better or equal to Mobil 1, but given the price of Mobil 1 these days...I am looking for an oil that is similar or equal to Mobil 1. I know that Total 5w-40 has the SL oil rating ...which is on par with Mobil 1. But the quality between the two ,....well I simply don't know.

Cheers
    Billy
    Stock '87 205 GTi
    Stock '98 306 GTi-6

-Memories are good only if you don't have to deal with the past.-

Thread Information