How do you define hypocrisy?
  • Register
  • Help

How do you define hypocrisy?

Here's part of the submission from the "Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries" to the Produtivity Commission in relation to amongst other things, projected fuel consumption targets.

"FCAI supports
    Efforts by the Australian Government towards bilateral free-trade agreements.
    The Federal Government's efforts to continue to advance the Closer Economic Partnership between ASEAN nations, Australia and New Zealand.
    Agreement to National Average Fuel Consumption targets of 6.8 litres/100km by 2010 and 6.3 litres/100km by 2015. FCAI will work with the Government to monitor progress and implement strategies to assist the achievement of targets. "

Advertisement

Now how can that be justified whilst at the same time promoting V8s in sedans/passenger cars and the ongoing push and tax incentives offered to posers to buy SUVs, wank tanks and a variety of other petrol guzzling urban warrior type of transport

mallet mallet

Alan S moon whip
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I get the feeling they won't "achieve their targets" prompting the creation of a committee to find out why...

It's hard not to be cynical these days...
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    my old man should be ok then
    he has informed me that his 405TD over the last 10 000km's that his car has returned 6.1l/100km's
    that equates to around 46mpg for us that understand the old fashioned mileage figures
    not too bad for a 405 diesel i thought
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

1000+ Posts
    If we had a competitive diesel range here (and good fuel) I'd definitely buy one for the family car. Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but last year the French passenger car market sales were slightly over 50% diesels...

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Oh yeah, they sure are...

You sit at the cafe opposite the steps to the Marseilles station soaking up a coffee (yeeuch!!) and the local atmosphere to the tune of rattly diesels, hundreds of them, coming around the corner in front of you.

Ahhh heaven...
    Daniel Djuracic

Ex UK spec 89 309
    206 XT 1.6 16V (Diablo Red)with Peugeot Lion in back windows

...chatting with two tourist girls from Sweden...

Fellow Frogger!
    How is biodiesel being taken up in these situations.. in Newcastle we are spoilt in having a few service stations that supply it... doeas anyone know the score in europe?

It's not illegal, but the "Environmentally aware" Governments over there are making life as hard as they can for those using it as they can't figure a way of ripping heaps off users in taxes.
    They have what they call "chipper dogs" that go round sniffing exhaust pipes & if it's found in their cars, they are fined & charged taxes as applicable to fossil fuel, retrospectively.
    Isn't it great to see all these Governments so genuinely working for the environment so concientously? moon
    Wonder if they'll ever understand Guy Fawlkes reason for his going into Parliament? Pity they didn't take his hint seriously enough. 2_cents

Alan S cheers!
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information