froggy cars and the war
  • Register
  • Help

froggy cars and the war

We could get some more stickers made up like those displayed during the time that the frogs were blowing up innocent atolls( I think they were along the lines of "this is my french bomb!"). A bit of light hearted humour to throw off the fanatics.

Advertisement
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Haakon:
    We could get some more stickers made up like those displayed during the time that the frogs were blowing up innocent atolls( I think they were along the lines of "this is my french bomb!"). A bit of light hearted humour to throw off the fanatics.
    Unfortunately that is exactly what you wouldn't want to do or you could end up wearing a "molotov cocktail" just to prove the point.
    That kind of thing doesn't throw these nutcases off but attracts them to you!!

Incidentally, as moderators the other Topic relating to "French cars & the war" is a statement and a warning to those newly involved with French cars & the warning is there so that if it were to come, it wouldn't happen unexpectedly so the idea is to just "keep everyone on their toes."

The policies as laid down a month ago regarding discussions relating to wars, politica & religion still apply.

Alan S cheers!
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I agree with that warning, and I also hope there isn't a repeat of the drought of French imports that happened at that time...

I recall that some parts came to be in short supply. But I don't think the really extreme issues of those days exist at this stage. And bear in mind too, France has thrown a lifesaver, they have said something about they would join in the war under certain circumstances.

Ray Bell
    . And bear in mind too, France has thrown a lifesaver, they have said something about they would join in the war under certain circumstances.[/QB]
    Lifesaver? Bad pun

mallet
    Woo Hoo Honi ko'u 'elemu (Hawaiian)

nJm
    Just the other day I saw a woman getting out of a 505 in the city which had a huge sign across the rear windscreen which said something about peace not war etc.

But I do think the 'french bomb'is going a little too far clown
    mallet
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

As a finl point; here's the concensus definition from the World's dictionaries of a Politician....

Should really be in the "Humour" section I think.

"Quick definitions (politician)

noun: a person active in party politics
    noun: a leader engaged in civil administration
    noun: a schemer who tries to gain advantage in an organization in sly or underhanded ways"

'nuff sed. I think we'll leave it at that.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Thread Information