Corporate animal husbandry.
  • Register
  • Help

Corporate animal husbandry.

Dealing as I do with animal breeding, the terms serve, service, serviced and servicing probably mean more to me in a different sense than to someone living in the City, hence when Telstra claims to have increased its services to the bush, they obviously mean this in the animal husbandry sense as displayed to me recently by this doyen of competence wishfully waiting to be given the green light to become fully privatised so they can then relax like other similar multi million dollar ventures and reap the rewards they deserve for such competency; HIH, OneTel, FAI and their respective directors really showed the Country & in fact the World how easily the Australian public can be conned and the financial rewards forthcoming for taking such care of detail; Here's the story..........

We get a phone call a few weeks back from "Fred??" from Telstra asking if we'd like to indulge in some of their fabulous offers....call STD all day & it'll only cost $*.** or change the Mobile contract & you'll get calls for * cents a minute, put all your bills on the one account and save 10%.......Hey!! that sounds alright, but there's more!! get the account sent "on-line" and the savings will be even greater and this gives us FULL access to see who we've called & when, how much each call will cost.....the benefits were endless YES,YES!!! I screamed and so they gave me the drum that I could go ahead & "sign up." I try & am informed via their site that I can't until I receive a special number to access my details & this could take up to 10 days; fair enough, I wait & it arrives. I put this info into the box provided & get access. I am then asked to provide a "user name" no big deal, I supply it; sorry, can't have that one, try again; so I do, six @#$%^&*( times before it accepts one. Now, a password; in I go with my usual one (which I doubt anyone else on the planet has) & it says it won't cop that either so we keep on trying until it finds one it likes. Great; we're away....after the second account I am then informed that no more hard copy accounts will be sent after last month, so that's cool I think....
    Comes this month; I get a notification that my account is ready to be viewed, so I try to access it...NO WAY HOSE' my user name is not accessible but if I have forgotten my password "click here" so I do & get advised that seeing as I am not the user as shown in their records, they won't give me the clue (read "we've lost the bloody thing!!") mallet SO, I e-mail the I/T crew; "Not us, we're not privvy to your personal details" they tell me after a 7 day delay. So as I'd not heard from them, I've e-mailed someone else in their maze who up to this point has hit 10 days since getting my e-mail & obviously placing carefully into the "too hard" basket.
    I then try to ring and get transferred 6 times before ending up with the "Internet support" department who advise us that we should try "this" number at which point it's school pick up time & the phone is left attached to her ear.
    After driving my usual 20 klms+ trip, I return to find her still attached to the phone after a couple of more phone transfers and several recorded messages telling us what a great service they give (there's that *word* again) whereupon she is treated to an earfull from some viper tongued fire breathing dragon advising that even though we can't access the account to find what we owe, they'll probably disconnect the phone if it's not paid by Friday. "But how much is it?" wife asks only to be told "We need to know you are in fact the owner of the phone before we can reveal that information; what's your full name & birthdate?" Upon receipt of that, she is then given a figure with no guarantee that it's correct. "Can we revert back to a paper bill?" we ask. Nobody can tell us who can arrange this, so we are given another number which I ring as by this time, the wife is starting to prepare tea. (This saga started at about 1pm inidentally.)
    We again start the run around when I am confronted by an obvious would-be corporate high flyer with an attitude problem "Well sir" he says in a somewhat high handed tone "what would YOU suggest we do to make you happy?" this was manor from heaven "Well for starters you can bend over and................(use your own imagination from there)......." this was not met with a warm & cordial response, so he then gave us another number to call, which we did the next day.
    We were eventually told that everything would return to normal, bills on paper and we were offered the option of receiving paper & by e-mail but we scrapped the e-mail option seeing as our phone account is shrouded in more security than Osamas whereabouts or the FBI report into who shot JFK so we were told that all was now well & just to make us feel more secure, they would e-mail confirmation of this conversation & the rescinding of the e-mail accounting procedure.
    Here is some of the content of the e-mail we received:

Further to our conversation today, the following information will provide
    additional
    assistance in regards to your query.

We have logged a fault for you, docket number ****** and escalated the
    matter through to
    our second level support area.

Our support area will investigate the matter and may need to contact you
    for further
    information or clarification. We will contact you shortly with the resolution
    to your
    problem.
    Further to our conversation today, the following information will provide
    additional
    assistance in regards to your query.

So effectively, we've been served by Telstra in the animal husbandry sense, and the moral to the story is; if they ring and want to sign you up for this "service" I'd suggest you tell them they have the wrong number & hang up before you get well & truly serviced...Telstra style.

(as Stuey would say) Geezes W Keriiist I $%^&* give up!! mallet mallet

Alan S a_drink a_drink

<small>[ 14 March 2003, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Alan S ]</small>

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

When they ring me I always have to ask them to ring back for some reason or other... I'm always happy to hear what deals they can offer, but not when I'm paying for the call (call redirected from home to mobile) or standing on the side of a freeway trying to bum a lift or caught driving in peak hour traffic (to just name three times that I can recall)...

Guess what?

Nobody has ever rung back as arranged! Never!

i had a similar thing happen to me and my wife...and i d tell u the whole story but i m nowhere as elequant(thats not the right spelling is it) as u...so i wont bother ...but i will mention that they tryed conning us out of close to $140 (my wife accidentally paid the SAME bill twice (they sent us the same bill twice)anyway after our bills started coming up to 2 months LATE i called up OPTUS and swaped teams....i think i know how you feel though....BASTARDS...i can see whats coming up though once they privatise...a bit like whats happening with private insurance at the moment...they ll condition us and then start upping the prices...just like the banks want to do with internet banking....

cheers
    dino

1000+ Posts
    Alan, now just try to make a complaint. Bet you can't find someone to handle it. I gave up last week after speaking to five people over half an hour, after they'd ignored three e-mails.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Stuey:
    Alan, now just try to make a complaint. Bet you can't find someone to handle it. I gave up last week after speaking to five people over half an hour, after they'd ignored three e-mails.

Stuey
    What really got me was that this was supposedly the greatest thing since canned p!$$ when they offered it to us & was "the way to go," but as soon as it malfunctioned, we couldn't find anyone that knew it even existed.
    My wife's very meek & mild when dealing with these kinds of things which is why I usually get her to try & sort it out before I step in due to my inability to swallow b^!!#!+ and promptly tell 'em so. At times I can also have a voice a bit "Joe Cocker" so when I started suggesting inserting the whole thing in a certain body aperture, I thought I was dealing with the ball skills trainers for a football team the way they started passing the buck. moon dance

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Only passing the buck?

When I get to the point where, after putting in an aggravating half hour going through their recorded voice menus and listening to music I wouldn't allow to be played in my home, they ask me for my birth date I start to lose my cool.

Sometimes it's not far from there to when they hang up because they claim I'm abusing them because I tell them they haven't answered my question.

How do they ever become so proficient at making up another question when you ask one they don't like? I guess it makes answering it easier...

Fellow Frogger!
    well, there I thought I was the only one to have had all these wars with Telstra (and Optus and AAPT....)
    For an office phone, when it doesn't matter that you don't get that special deal to ring your antie in Wladiwostok for one dollar for twenty minutes, a service provider called Southern Cross Telco made me happy.
    Their regular fees are low, their service is unbelievable in today's day & age and when you ring their service department you get a real live person to answer without having to listen to Beethovens fifth.
    They also deal with mobiles, but only CDMA.
    Give them a ring 1800636758 to find out more.
    Cheers! Wouter

AAPT? Did someone mention AAPT?

I had one of my Vodafones with Cellular One, who were taken over by AAPT... was a real pain because you couldn't ring Vodafone if you had a problem, or go to a Vodafone store like I could with the others.

But all is forgiven... they rang me the other day and offered me a $100 call credits if I stayed with them on $20 a month with all the present conditions and an extra $2 a month regular included calls.

I said I'd been thinking of going straight to Vodafone to renew that one because of my AAPT experiences (which in reality weren't that bad... just the inconvenience), she immediately upped the offer to $150 call credits... so I asked if there was a new phone included. These are harder to get these days, but she told me I could have a Nokia 8250 but I wouldn't get the call credits. It would be a 24 month renewal.

Then I said I only wanted a Nokia 3315, she came back with the offer of a 3315 plus $100 call credits.

Won me... I was about to renew with Vodafone on $30 a month and no phone!

Thread Information