TAXI!
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: TAXI!

ash

TAXI!

I'm expecting my copies of Taxi 1 and Taxi 2 to arrive some time this week (all things being equal), so I'm up for hosting a Victorian AF screening of the films.

Advertisement

If y'r interested, leave a message after this, so I've got an idea of numbers, and which night would suit you best. I'm currently living in Brunswick (for the benefit of mistareno - just around the corner from the Dawson St Police Complex), so the location is fairly central. If there's a general consensus of day and time, I'll put the event on.
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
    //\\ 1975 DS23 Pallas //\\ 1987 BX19 GTi //\\ 1985 BX16 TRS

1000+ Posts
    I got my copies today as I posted in another topic here.

Sydney screening anyone???

Derek

nJm
    I'd love to!

I'm in Burwood, so it isn't that far. I could also bring Ronin on DVD if you don't have it - even if we just skip to the chases with the Cits and Pugs .
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

WHAT IS THIS MOVIE??? What's good about it.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

1000+ Posts
    Warwick,

I just trimmed a snippet of Taxi2 to show you. The intro pretty much sums it up without destroying any of the fun!

<a href="http://www.bluekey.com.au/Taxi2Intro.mov" target="_blank">http://www.bluekey.com.au/Taxi2Intro.mov</a>

It's 2.1mb - the first 2mins 42 of Taxi2

Derek

nJm
    Taxi? About a mad ass 406 Taxi which has a huge body kit and can do 300km/h . Each movie the driver gets caught up in all sorts of adventures/trouble. The 406 can fly too...

All set in France (mainly Paris?) so you see heaps of froggies

As for Ronin, well itprobably has some of the most realistic car chases on film, AND you see 605's being hit by missiles, an XM get airborne on a dirt road and a 406 sliding around trying to keep up with an old BMW M5 around Paris.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Well depending on the time and place i'm up for the sydney screening, otherwise ill just come over deka and watch em withough everyone else :p tongue roll_lau moon

Ben
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

ash
    Well wouldn't you know it... Thanks to the good graces of the UK postal system, as of last night I now have both the Taxi DVDs... Would you believe blackstar shipped them last Thursday... gotta be the quickest o/s delivery I have EVER seen...

At any rate, I think that a Taxi/Ronin triple-bill would be an excellent idea, so all you cats have to do is decide which night would best suit... wink
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive

RONIN...now there s a nice number plate...

cheers
    dino

nJm
    Yep.

Nothing like a 406 doing a 4 wheel drift or 360 either head_ban
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

heheheh....i wonder if "my" RONIN plates could make my JEEP handle better...???!!!

cheers
    dino

nJm
    Do you actually have Ronin plates?

cool

<small>[ 14 May 2003, 02:56 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

i d love 2 say yes they r my plates but i m scared
    misterano might find out who the great dino is and next thing he ll be the police comissioner....well at least a sargeant.... holly crap, what am i saying...

cheers
    dino

nJm
    Rofl

roll_lau
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

is that RONIN as in Ronin Keating, the ex-Take That member? roll_lau

gees, you must be the biggest fan tongue

now i digress a_drink
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

taxi is on world movies this month on the 28th and the 29th
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

nJm
    DeKa:
    Warwick,

I just trimmed a snippet of Taxi2 to show you. The intro pretty much sums it up without destroying any of the fun!

<a href="http://www.bluekey.com.au/Taxi2Intro.mov" target="_blank">http://www.bluekey.com.au/Taxi2Intro.mov</a>

It's 2.1mb - the first 2mins 42 of Taxi2

Derek
    Derek, what codec did you use for that? Quicktime says it can't find the necessary software on the apple server.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

1000+ Posts
    Ummmm I did it in Quicktime 6 on my Mac. Quicktime doesn't have codecs like Windows Media as far as I know? I selected 'Save as Quicktime Movie' and 'Optimise for...low speed DSL/cable'

I can play it on my mum's PC I just tried it.
    <a href="http://www.apple.com/quicktime" target="_blank">http://www.apple.com/quicktime</a> perhaps?

Hope that helps..
    Derek

Nick, you will need to upgrade to Quicktime 6, I had the same problem wink

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts
    Us bloody Mac users ey :p

Quicktime 6 is awesome - MPEG4 streaming video is bloody brilliant with it's 'instant on'

I didn't encode that in MPEG4 however cos I wasn't sure if it'd work for u guys.

Do you all now see why Taxi is good?

Derek

nJm
    I'm actually saving up for a new iBook. Well, I was until the 505 needed some work anyway .

Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

There are some good deals on run out models of the iBook at the moment Nick, if you can put if with the slightly slower processor etc. Still very good little machines. Saves you around $400.

(Mind you, I'd have to say I'm very, very impressed with my little g4 PB 12" if the budget will stretch that far)

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Speaking of taxis, does anyone else remember the 504 taxicab that used to ply the streets of Sydney 20 or more years ago? Wonder what happened to it?

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

ash
    Rumour has it it was painted stark white, had a ludicrously large wing fitted to the back, even more ludicrously large dam fitted to the front, side skirts, widened wheel arches holding 19" alloys wearing rubber bands, and a NOS kit, and was last seen ferrying high-paying customers from one side of NT to the other.....

whistle
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive

s16
    That car chase in Ronin is not bad. Watch for a tasty bit of driving by Mr Di Niro, 2nd gear hand brake turn in the small french streets w/o bating an eyelid.Must have watched that 50 times and tried it in my mates gemini a few times. Rest of the movie was an anti-climax after that.
    Scott

'95 306 S16 - gone to a good home

'02 Renault Sport Clio - Monaco Blue

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information