sold me car!
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: sold me car!

sold me car!

well, in guess patience is a virtue. my beautiful ds23 pallas is sold.

it's going to live in sydney with a great couple who have a family and intend to use it as a family hobby on club runs etc. i'm rapt as it could'nt have gone to nicer people.

Advertisement

picked them up on saturday, demonstrated the car, basic maintainance, how to change a tyre etc then let them take it overnight to get used to driving it. they returned sunday overjoyed with it and had done about 300km with no problems at all- and love the fact it's an auto that is well sorted out.

not ashamed to admit i had a tear in the eye as i watched it drive off on the saturday. it's like having someone take the love of your life away from you- i'll get a last drive of it though when i deliver it to melbourne on sunday morning the 25th on the spirit at 7am, then it's off up the hume to it's new life in sydney.

ah well. i can now get stuck into my light 15 that i've wanted to do for the past 12 months. just maybe i might have it at cit-in in victoria in 3 years time. one thing for sure, the ds' new owners are very enthusiastic about driving it so be ready to see some new members in an ivory borely ds23 pallas ie auto.

cheers
    glenn.

I feel for you Glenn. I find it almost impossible to part with a car.

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Glad to see glen it went to good people. Its hard parting with cars at times i know.
    Are they in the NSWCCC?

nJm
    The previous owners of my car had owned it for 18 years. When I went to check it out rather than me checking the car out, they were asking me all sorts of questions about where I'd have the car, what it would be used for - almost like they were trying to establish if I was a suitable person to buy it deal . Really quite funny.

Mind you, their friendly mechanic managed to get the car through a RWC with non functioning rear brake calipers... spanner
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

UFO
    During the relaunch of Matilda back in January, both myself and Joe Schembri (who some may know) were speculating about selling our current Ds for various reasons and we both ended up with something in our eyes (damned windy days!).

Deb and I would have great probs parting with UFO as the couple we bought it from had the car for a long time and were avid Cit Nuts. A little over 12mths after we bought it the lady of the couple died of cancer. We had known them while we lived in Cooma and her illness was not wide knowledge so her passing seemed quite sudden. cry

Just one more reason to keep UFO998!
    approve
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

yeah, it was not an easy decision to let it go. it was a decision that unfortunately one borne out of necessity to finance the light 15 restoration, i knew as far back as 15 months or so that i was going to have to sell it.

there would have been nothing nicer than having a special built shed housing the ds23, light 15, slough 2cv and all my models around the walls but you can't do this and look after the 80 or so vintage tractors we have in our museum either!

i have no doubt that the owners will join cccnsw such is their enthusiasm. it was very satisfying to me to have them return the car the next day after doing around 300km in it and seeing the huge smiles on their faces. they have never owned a citroen before but are in love with it and will attend to it's every needs with denton christie's help. could'nt have gone to better people and i'm rapt the care i gave it is going to be carried on.

cheers
    glenn.

Its a hard thing to do - I get upset when I sell a car I've had for only a few months that I bought with the express purpose of doing up to sell!!
    I'd hate to see my Dad if he had to sell his NSU Ro80 which he bought in 1974 and has driven ever since - I think he'd rather lose a limb
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

ah, an nsu r080. quite a rare breed now.

is it still running the nsu motor or had a mazda transplant? like the ds, a car ahead of it's time.

don't know what to think of rotaries really, i work in mazda spare parts and know they fly but can't help think they are a short lived engine compared to the old recipro jobs. i'm the only one in the place who is game enough to look up an engine rebuild on one in here! still don't like looking the parts up for the buggers, at least i've got a quick reference book rather than using the parts book- can get confusing.

last time i seen an r080 was in bendigo a few years back, certainly a sleek car, good to hear about one loved by it's owner. i'm just looking forward to doing this light 15, got the intention of doing it black with cream wheels- classic traction colour i reckon but i'm going to have a hard time getting a bodyworks that i trust in cutting the minor rust out in the doors and re-metalling it. it's got to be perfect for that black paint, thinking about dupont imron enamel which is said to be one of the hardest enamels you can buy and covers a lot better than other paints from reports i've heard.

cheers
    glenn.

Dad still runs the original (as in THE original one for that car) - will have no truck with the inferior jap copy (not as bad as a Ford Transit cast iron pushrod V4 that is a common conversion in the UK - very sad...)

If the Ro80 you saw in Bendigo was green, than it was my Dads one - there is also a silver one here with a Mazda in it.
    Bloody great car - perfectly reliable engine BTW. Dad has 220000 MILES on his, and its had only one rebuild (new seals and housing hone). Rotaries are great - piss easy to rebuild as there are hardly any moving parts compared to a piston motor.
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Thread Information