O.K. DeKa, you're not so mad after all
  • Register
  • Help

O.K. DeKa, you're not so mad after all

Remember a while back when our "Froggy sticker hander outer" DeKa put an "aussiefrogs" sticker on e-bay & we all kinda tongue in cheek said "Yeah, well,....right" but deep down thought "Looks like the poor ol' fella's really lost it this time"? well it seems he either started a fad or he's not so crazy after all.
    Check out this on an overseas board which tells you what someone has posted on e-bay. eek! eek!

<a href="http://members4.boardhost.com/citroen_bx/msg/28480.html" target="_blank">http://members4.boardhost.com/citroen_bx/msg/28480.html</a>

If e-bay keep accepting these kind of ads, methinks their days are numbered.

mallet mallet

It's on the UK e-bay incidentally but even some of them were having trouble accessing it.

Advertisement

Alan S whip
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts
    Alan,

You're right there.
    I did have a benefit to Aussiefrogs by running that auction on eBay - our user Sue signed up because of it!

Here's the direct link to the eBay auction Alan S is speaking of: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3405228042&category=" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3405228042&category=</a>

Derek

Rather than sell them I took to handing them out to every driver I saw with a Froggy car and leaving them in the driver's windows (tucked behind the rubber seal) of those I saw parked...

One new member from Young, who realised yesterday that I was the one "...that jumped out in front of me in the main street"... not sure if the other fifty or so have got anyone in, but the numbers are sure increasing daily.

Up to this morning, there's been 17 bids; currently at 95p which is about $2.50.
    I've just cut a bunch off one of our trees with about 50 on it...wonder if the buyer would like another 50? dance dance
    At that price, a bunch of bananas is worth more than a carover there; and they reckon it's only the Yanks that have things like this happen. mallet mallet

Alan S a_drink
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts
    Ray Bell:
    Rather than sell them I took to handing them out to every driver I saw with a Froggy car and leaving them in the driver's windows (tucked behind the rubber seal) of those I saw parked...
    Ray, I do hand out lots of stickers that way - I've even got notes back under my windscreen wiper saying 'thanks for the sticker!!'
    It was actually gibgib's idea but he didn't want to spend the eBay 35c listing fee :p The idea wasn't *really* to sell stickers but to advertise to anyone who typed in Peugeot Citroen or Renault into eBay.

Those people with the bananas are just mad Alan!

Derek.

It was good to learn that at least one sticker got a new member...

Only one person refused my offer... a 505 going between Wodonga and Albury, they said they already had one as I drove alongside them holding it out the window for them to grab.

Oh, I clicked onto the second link...

Yeah, somebody's really hit the funny bone there.

VIP Sponsor
    How about the second hand 404 cigarette lighter with a reserve of $25 US!
    The same guy has $50 on a Peugeot badge from the rear of a 404 wagon.

Graham Wallis

UFO
    Mrs UFO leaned out the window of the XM at traffic lights in Kogorah to pass an AF sticker to a guy in a DS last year. They were already CCC members so they didn't need a membership form!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Originally posted by GRAHAM WALLIS
    <strong>How about the second hand 404 cigarette lighter with a reserve of $25 US!
    The same guy has $50 on a Peugeot badge from the rear of a 404 wagon.
    That would be the same badge as used on the bootlid of any manual 504 up to about 1979, right?

VIP Sponsor
    Ray,
    No, the 404 badge is different but hardly rare, in this country at least
    Graham

Thread Information