characterise yourself as a car
  • Register
  • Help

characterise yourself as a car

i m not sure if this has been done before on this forum but i figure just for the sake of a little bit of fun it would be interesting 2 see what kind of a car you would characterise yourselfs as being...ie..using the vehicles qualities or its failures.... maybe you can characterise your wifes girlfriends etc as well....
    i ll let you in on my choice once i sort out my multiple personality disorder issues
    as for my wife...well she s probably something like a 405 mi16...reliable,..reasonably fast when she wants 2 be (but not the fastest)..she s comfortable and holds herself up pretty well in the looks departemnt...reasonably economical and not 2 front heavy (if u know what i mean )...etc...might continue with this one later although u should not be surprised if most of my post is not edited (read deleted )at a later stage...

cheers
    dino

Advertisement

ps...u may want 2 use either a french or nonfrench marque....up 2 u...

I'm a Toyota Avalon. I can't work out why I am here.

Ah Dino, a nice post, but it would have been better if you had fessed up yourself.

Seeing you haven't, Ill give you an honorary status as an Alfa Sud. Zappy in your youth, but prone to early fraying a bit around the edges! (see, its much safer to pick for yourself!)

Me. I'm either a 403, 404 or a D Special. , Keep on going forever but ageing and the paintwork and other bits of the finish isn't as good as it should be. A bit heavy for the size of the motor. Very resilient though, and pretty good at taking the rough with the smooth. The steering's pretty accurate (like a 403) and the brakes will usually pull me up in time (though I think I could sometimes do with ABS in difficult conditions).

Comfortable and versatile. Good load carrying capability (maybe a 404 or 505 wagon). Probably a bit boring compared to some of the flashier offerings, but , hey, they never last do they? Definitely out of left field some of the time though (I hate the new "anti political correctness John Howard variety political correctness with a passion).

Happier out on the highway in the bush than shut up in a city office carpark. Simply can't understand why most people put up with the crappy city jobs that they do. I reckon I can make myself a better espresso than you'll buy at most of the places in Hardware Lane, and I get to choose the time that I want to drink it. But give me a windy road along the coast or through the mountains any day.

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 11 May 2003, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

hehehehhehehhehehhe
    ......very goooddd.... maybe thats why i drive a 205....heheh....as u can see i handle IT pretty well......

cheers
    dino

1000+ Posts
    dino:
    maybe you can characterise your wifes girlfriends etc as well....
    Dino,
    What was Bond Girl? wink

Me? I could be a C3 - tall, proud and like to stand out (just kidding!!!), but I think I'm more a 306 - reliable, decisive and quick to respond That's why I chose her!

Derek

I see myself as an Alfasud. Others probably see me as a Volvo S40 (lowered with fat tyres). My wife is definately a well preserved 80's Porsche, and my daughter is a hand painted 120Y with protest stickers all over it.
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Guys
    I see myself as a 306 Rallye(lightened 306GTi). Lightweight, fast but reliable, great brakes, inclined to oversteer when the red mist comes down but generally gets to the finish line around mid-field. Economical but occasionally prone to full throttle bursts. Favourit colour red, but also likes silver.
    The wife would be a 306 XRDT hatch, small in height, comfortable but well styled in an Italian brunette way, very economical, strong sustained performance(espec. when the going gets tuff), probably coloured Diablo Red. Good handling and capable of higher mileage, engenders strong marque loyalty.
    Don

ash
    As much as I'd love to think of myself as a dark metallic green late model SM with tinted windows, in truth I'm probaby a DMC DeLorean - very popular for a short period of time, but ultimately unreliable, and very much misunderstood...

Speaking of personalities as cars - or rather, vice versa - I snapped this billboard on the way to work this morning. You pug folk should get a kick out of it

<a href="http://www.kgbspy.org/connexad.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.kgbspy.org/connexad.jpg</a>
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
    //\\ 1975 DS23 Pallas //\\ 1987 BX19 GTi //\\ 1985 BX16 TRS

Probably Subaru Liberty B4. In some rather outlandish color! Sharp handling, quick. But the gearbox gets a dab notchy with age.

I reckon a bit sluggish without a kick in the guts from the turbo, or maybe low range first. Peak revvs and a side stepping of clutch seams to yield best results!!

But can defenatly can handle performance tweaks.

<small>[ 16 May 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: AlsPug504 ]</small>

I'm a rusty Datto with a 6 speed tiptronic transmission - really, really, really, odd.

ash
    I can't leave my other half out of this... she'd have to be an early model Jag E-type - incredibly beautiful, even though she doesn't realise it, and with the propensity to completely shut down when she's not happy... wink
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
    //\\ 1975 DS23 Pallas //\\ 1987 BX19 GTi //\\ 1985 BX16 TRS

Just saw this thread, think ill have a go.
    probably i see my self as a Lotus Elises(s1), slim and sleek. Eye catching without needing to be flashy. Good solid pedigree, and great background.
    Can be a handfull at times and very uncompromising, cheeky, arogant almost.
    Can hold its own and dosn't need to prove its self. But can do it all pretty well when given a go.
    Also looks good with hot chicks.,...lol give myself a wrap, why don;t i...lol
    My GF, probably a showroom condition Ford Anglia, shes got a great smile, is cute and has a great laugh, nice pretty features.
    ....mmmm....
    Xq
    ... ptui!

xqisid:
    J My GF, probably a showroom condition Ford Anglia,
    Better keep her away from Whomping Willows then, xqisid!

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

I'm probably a Volvo station wagon.
    Versatile, reliable, slightly old fashioned,and I don't give a hoot about fashion or what anyone else thinks.
    On the other hand, if I have a mind to be, I can be a bit like a Citroen. Very, very different to the norm.
    Just depends what mood I am in
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Dino you must be a pajero hehehehe
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

geeezzz...mate....i just noticed this....i ll try and keep it sensible.....not good enough for you to offend me on one thread but you also decide 2 post here as well...well done....really smart....you must be a great teacher...probably treat your students that way 2...i wonder how you' d explain this one to the younger ones....hmmmmmmm....but i guess the likes of you would behave this way.....but anyway....just in case you have not read the other thread... i do apologise if i have offended you when i reffered to most 4x4 owners being ******s....i aimed that comment squarely at those that bought such monstrosities as STATUS symbols, and NO i dont have anything against those people who utalise the many obvious advantages some of these vehicles offer....but in case you r still wondering what all the fuss is about....i ll remind you that the thread was about 4x4 safety....so i hope you feel some sympathy for those killed on our roads by these monsters because of their body on chassis construction, poor breaking and handling abilities etc....as for which kind of a car i d caracterize my self as being.....well PAJERO is a better 4x4 than the landcruiser....and you r supposed to know something about these things....hehhehehe....word of advice....when u r driving (as u do) on the freeway, and you start doing 90kmh in the right lane (trying to control the traffic)....move over mate (to the left lane)....THIS FORUM isnt YOUR CLASSROOM...

cheers
    dino

1000+ Posts
    cruiserman:
    Dino you must be a pajero hehehehe
    Doesn't pajero mean something in Spanish?

Don't worry Dino. Being a 'cruiser " has some pretty unfortunate connotations too in some places wink

Cheers

Rod

<small>[ 02 June 2003, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Rod Hagen ]</small>
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

hehhe,,...no i m not 2 worried mate.....i think the guy deserved an apology from me since i obviously made what sounded like a blanket statement....

cheers
    dino

I was only poking a bit of fun late one night. No offence meant. And yes Dekka Pajero does mean something in Spanish. As an old saying I heard long ago went, 99% of men are pajero's the other 1% are liars.

Neil
    Neil
    '94 405 SRBT

'82 CX 2400 Pallas 5spd

'77 CX 2400 Pallas 4spd manual Import

'76 CX Super

'05 WL Statesman

'92 HZJ80 Landcruiser

Thread Information