Anyone been to the rugby WC??
  • Register
  • Help

Anyone been to the rugby WC??

Well, has anyone????

I went for my second game yesterday, the poms-VS-Somoa, the first being the one sided game between the New Zealand & Italy. I'm trying hard to get tickets for the Aus VS ireland game on the 1st of nov, but thats impossible.

Advertisement

Yesterdays game was a great clash and an inspiration to all the other minnows in the comp. I'd say even the Somoan fans werent expecting their side to be leading 10-0 half way through the first half. A great game played in great spirit, even if the english had 1 player to many on the field. We all were wondering why one player went of the field without someone else coming on???

I must say the English crowd are a absolute pissa, so many funny chants and the way the all sing "god save the queen" so passionately really goes give you goosebumps.

It's going to be a very interesting world cup as there is no real favourite and i wouldn't have the courage to put money on anyone at this point. I'd love the wallabies to win but think it may be a bit beyond them, i hope they can prove me wrong though.

cheers! Asanka

That was an excellent game! I taped it and watched it this morning. The Samoans played really well and it was a shame they were beaten. They did their country proud.

Ralph.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

i went to the Australia Vs. Romania floging at Suncorp stadium 2 weeks ago. was a great game... towards the end abit of "waltz sing matilda" broke out too, which after all the controversy i thought was brilliant.

Atmosphere is awesome, alot of that largely contributes to the great facilites of Suncorp Stadium too.

I hope the wallabies win the Cup. i think that France will be in the final. also wishedthet Samoa beat England last night, they played very well.

I'm going this weekend, to the Scotland Vs Fiji Match..

Looking forward to getting involved in the hype...

We were lucky enough to get some RWC Final Tickets, for my Mum and Dad, being for her birthday and Christmas, and christmas for my dad.. They are Union nuts, and follow Eastwood, in the sydney club comp every week...

She had tears of joy when we gave them to her on Friday night for her birthday... I'm sure they are gonna love that...
    THE MAD PUGGA

1989 405 Mi16 (PGT-405)

I went to France/Scotland match. I thought a Froggy would have bought the spare tickets I had.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

PeterT:
    I went to France/Scotland match. I thought a Froggy would have bought the spare tickets I had.
    Man if i wasn't living in melbourne i woulda snatched them straight away. It would have given me an proper reason to wear my french rugby top.

<small>[ 27 October 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: purrr-geot ]</small>

I think the Jimmies out numbered the Froggies, so the extra would have been good.

'92 205 Mi16
    '90 Mi16x4

PeterT:
    I think the Jimmies out numbered the Froggies, so the extra would have been good.
    Dam, I wore my french top to last night and either copped sh*t from the english fans (cause they hate the french) or people thinking i was wearing a Samoan shirt saying, "you guys played well"......probably just my Somoan built body...ehehhe i wish

i wood have love to go i was going 2 go down for italy on saturday but had to work the next day, cry cry cry cry
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Went down to the Wales V Tonga and Canada V Italy games in Canberra. The G/F is Welsh and sat there yelling and singing with other drunk welsh people (in Welsh) roll_lau ........ And I've got close ties to Canada, pity they lost......

Wow, little did I know how cool those F1 motels are!!! Cheap, clean and not noisy. Unlike the place I was booked into....... dead

Great to see so many people having fun down in Canberra, nice little city. Tourists were having fun. a_drink

Jono dance
    1989 BX16Valve

"Resting" 1983 505 STi

Thread Information