Wreckers half price this Saturday
  • Register
  • Help

Wreckers half price this Saturday

Heard on the radio, Pick'n Payless Blacktown has everything half price in their wreckers yards this Saturday.
    All I know is they have a lot of cars...
    Do they have any frogs in there?

Advertisement

Yeah, they've useually got a few 504s, 505s, R12s, R16s, Fuegos, R18s, CXs. A few years ago I bought a 504Ti head, injection pump and all the rest of the injection gear for $150, at Pick & Payless. The head was like new. Steve Palocz (NSW Pug club Prez) told me on Sunday that there is about 4 504s and I think one 505 at Pick & Payless at the moment. They used to have heaps of R12s and R16s there, but the last time I went they had chucked them all out (it's a pity because they had very few bits taken off them). They've probably got more R12s by now. I haven't seen anything newer than Fuegos, 505s and CXs there.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Guys,

they don't have any 'D's or BX's there do they? I managed to smash the dash in my BX last night.....

seeya,

Shane Leviston
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Shane,
    On the old Expired Cits board, I think it was Juraj who once posted that they had a good looking sort of a BX down there. He reckoned it looked too good to wreck but I never heard whether anyone got down to have a look at it. Might be worth a call.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I've never seen any Ds or BXs there, but they change their stock every 3 to 6 months and the last time I was there was a couple of years ago, so they could have anything there now.

Whenever you go there it is also worth looking through the fence of the holding yard (just on the left after you walk through the gates) which has all the new stock which hasn't been put in the yard yet. Often you'll spot a car which you might be interested in and you can come back a couple of weeks later when it is out in the main yard with everything else.

The European car part of the yard is right down near the back on the right (atleast that's where it was every time I went there).

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Thanks Guys,

anyone have a phone number, I might ring them and see what they have in stock.

seeya,

Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Tadpole
    Hello all,

Pick and Payless Blacktown
    57 Tattersal Rd Kings Park (nth of Blacktown)
    Saturday 1/2 price sale.
    Phone: 02 - 96765355

Spoke to one of the guys there, he had really no idea what there is in stock. I have been there before and this place is huge. However, they usually leave the wrecked cars there for soooooo long until they rust away. The good bits are usually taken. But maybe you might have some luck.
    There are better wreckers I have found which are:

Euro Panels Plus
    ( peugeot only )
    ADDRESS
    16 Pike St
    Rydalmere, NSW, 2116
    Australia

Ph:
    (02) 9684 4888
    Email:
    [email protected]

MY FAVORITE: ASV

ADDRESS
    61 Miowera Rd
    Villawood, NSW, 2163
    Australia

Ph:
    13 2750

cya

Jeff

Some cars they leave for a while, but the majority only last about 3 to 6 months (if you're lucky) before they're chucked out. I have found that if you see something you want, get it quickly, because the car may be chucked out a week later when you go there next. With the 504s they have a deal withsome of Sydney's Arab guys. After the yard has finished with them the 504s are put in another yard next door for the Arab guys to strip what is left and send it to the middle east. Once about 3 years ago, a guy who drives one of the big forklifts allowed me to go into the yard next door to strip more bits from the 504s which had already been chucked from the main yard. It was very generous of him because I found some good stuff on the 504s next door.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C

Hi all,
    We have pick a part down here, or pinch a part as its known, sounds like the same thing, they have half price days as well, but they also have all you can carry days which as hilarious they should film it, all you can carry for $20 (I forget the amount but its something small) one person with no assistance can carry what ever he likes over a curtain distance to earn it, I watched one bloke with a pole across his shoulders carry 4 complete Fairlane doors, must have nearly killed him, his mate carried the auto tranny. If they do this in Sydney go check it out, its worth paying money to watch.

David.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Shane, we have two more BX's in our yard we are wrecking in your interested.
    David.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Thanks David,

I'll probably be down in Melbourne in the next 2weeks to pickup some ID indicators from Mel Carey. Can you believe I tried all over the world and couldn't find a pair and was talking to him about traction stuff I think and he said he had a pair of new ones...

I finaly found someone with indicators in france if your interested (took me over 6weeks of emailing Citroen sites). $113aud + p&p though...... And then we'll all complain to you when you want $140 each for them

Would you believe I put my hand straight through the top of the instrument binacle. I was pulling the dash out to access the fog light switch. Put my hand through the dash and them broke the mounting points off the back. Talk about brittle shit plastic... I hope the neighbours didn't hear me... I was, um, 'not impressed' as you could imagine

seeya,

Shane Leviston
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Thread Information