Greetings
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Greetings

Tadpole

Greetings

Hello all,
    Just a little intro. My name is Jeff, own a 89 405. I have finally found other puggers is oz. I have had the 405 for about 2 years now, and now planning on styling it a bit. I was going to start styling it about 2 years ago, but a ran into a couple of problems:
    1: the previous owners did not look after the car at all. The parts that had to be replaced were , all three engine mounts, starter motor, tx valve, battery, torque converter, alternator and other small bits and pieces. ( parts and labour costed more than what I bought the car for )
    2: trying to find styling and tunning shops in oz that can provide service and products.

I relatives overseas to help me get bits for the pug, but once we worked out the total cost it was a tad to high. So I am looking at alternatives, maybe custom made exterior kits. Mags might be a bit of a problem. I am looking for major deep dish mags, found some, but only for cars with stud pattern 4*100.
    Question: Are there spaces that can convert the pug stud pattern to a 4*100?

Well I think this intro has gone a bit too far. Better close up.
    Hopefully to talk to you all in the future.

Advertisement

Regards Jeff

Fellow Frogger!
    Hi Jeff, and welcome to the board.

If you are looking to "tart" up your 405, you may wish to seek the advice of one "Andreas" who has a kick ass 405 with all the good bits you have outlined you want to put on your car.

Have a look here for Andreas's super fine engine :
    http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/For...ML/000029.html

James also has a nice 405 that has quite a few mods as well.

I think both of these guys can give you a head start as to what can be done to a 405.

As for the spacers, I think Peugeot Ecosse has spacers to correct offset with non genuine rims, do a www.google.com search with Peugeot and Ecosse as the search words and you will find their web site.

Cheers

Chipper

[This message has been edited by Chipper (edited 31 May 2001).]

Hi Jeff,

as chipper's mentioned i have a few *minor* mods done to my 405.
    tell me what you want and i'll tell you what you can get locally.
    custom kits arent a problem, if you're willing to spend.
    Ecosse http://www.ecosse-peugeot.co.uk have a new kit for the 405 called the trackstar.
    there are pics in the modifications section.
    i reckon it's the best looking front of any of the 405 kits.
    while you're surfing around check out my site http://www.maxpugs.com
    [/end shameless plug]
    and i'm sure if you want to know about anything and i dont know, James with the other wild 405 will be able to help.

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Andreas (edited 31 May 2001).]

Thread Information