Lights and The Law
  • Register
  • Help

Lights and The Law

does anyone know wat the law is in NSW on having blue parking lights? are they illegal?

Advertisement
    2002 China Blue Peugeot XT
    Canberra Raiders #1 Season Ticket Holder

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Only one question.... Why would you want them ?? Personaly I think those sort of mod's just scream [email protected], but hey that's just me roll_lau roll_lau roll_lau mallet mallet clown

Leave 'em for the cars that deserve 'em (ie: the Dapoo's & Hyundi's )

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Personally I'd suggest that you read Phasis posting on cancelled Insurances due to traffic convictions.
    Dealing with the whallopers is on par with dealing with the Tax Department; be a face in the crowd, you're less likely to get noticed.
    Stand out like dogs balls & the next posting could be about how many tickets you got in such a short time. As Shane says, this kind of crap just screams "book me!!!" as you look a nice easy soft target for some yong copper fresh out of the acadamy to get his quota up.
    Just stick to the "Noddy dog" fluffy dice and leopard skin seat covers.....works for me head_ban head_ban dance

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Agreed... you don't need anything to stand out when it comes to putting yourself at the notice of the police.

It only takes one to dislike something about you, and if he works in your area you're in trouble.

<span><span class=ResizableText0>
    Originally</span> posted by MR206: <strong>does anyone know wat the law is in NSW on having blue parking lights?
    are they illegal?
    </span> </span>
    The rule states that these are illegal, nd of story.
    Are they a wank or not is opinionated and up to the individual.
    Xq
    ... ptui!

Alan,

I think the saying is, "It stands out like big nuts on a little dog"

Cheers,

Ralph.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

UFO
    Just be satisfied with driving around with your fog lights on ALL the time like every other wayne kerr does. Annoys the ^%$#@$%^ out of me!

And like it is SO foggy in Australia! (in general) mallet mallet
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Lights on during the day doesn't bother me as it's bright enough around you - it makes no difference, you certainly can't get glare during the day from headlights.

What I find annoying are foglights during the night in suburban areas where there is no need for them - there are street lights around and other cars around. Strangely enough, the cops are very bad in this regard.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    UFO:
    Just be satisfied with driving around with your fog lights on ALL the time like every other wayne kerr does. Annoys the ^%$#@$%^ out of me!
    [In his new 306 XSi with fog lights]
    oh oh!

UFO:
    And like it is SO foggy in Australia! (in general) mallet mallet
    It was on the Melbourne AF drive - I'm not used to it and was like whoooooa go slow! Very Slow!

mmmm....blue parking lights.....well to tell u the truth i think they r a bit of a wank as well but they do look ok on some cars, its a matter of taste...they look a lot better on brand new models
    but those guys that put them on 70s 80s cars should be taken out and shot...In regards to legality...i think u ll find most cops hate the bloody things (as do most drivers)and the law seems to be a little bit undifined here as parkers are not used for seeing with....you will find that most packaging the blue lights come in will tell u that they are for OFF road use only....also consider the fact that they do FADE away fairly quickly(blue colour disapears sometimes in less than 3 months) so at $15 for a pair (bad koreans) they r not exactly value for money....if you have clear lenses u d be much better going with the CHROME look indicator (globes) and leave parkers standard...

cheers

dino
    ps i remeber a customer coming into the autobarn i used to work in and he told me he copped something like a $165 fine for EACH of his BLUE windscreen washers... a bit steep but deserved especially when u warn them that they are illegal....

UFO
    The cops were having a field day today with the ricers in Wollongong. They had a couple of checking points set up down along the beach strip. I so wanted to go home and get the D and drive back with the suspension up highish and drop it to normal as I approached them. dance
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information