Nokia 3650
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Nokia 3650

Fellow Frogger!

Nokia 3650

I have a Nokia 3650 cell phone and I'd like to know how to program the phone so that I can lock and unlock it. Does anyone know how? The instructions only get me confused.

Advertisement

1000+ Posts
    Menu star to key lock it, and the same to unlock it.

Nokia has no way to "PIN Lock" a phone once it's switched on like you used to be able to on older analogue Motorola phones if that's what you're after.

Derek

XTC
    DeKa:
    Menu star to key lock it, and the same to unlock it. Nokia has no way to "PIN Lock" a phone once it's switched on like you used to be able to on older analogue Motorola phones if that's what you're after. Derek
    If only they (Nokia's) would keylock upon turning on in the first place .. I can't remember the last time I turned my phone off - but it's a simple feature that would be welcome.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Fellow Frogger!
    Like Derek said, press MENU then star key to lock the keypad, and same to unlock.

On Nokia you can set a PIN code that will be required when switching on the phone, you can also set the phone to request a "security code" if a different SIM card has not been used with the phone previously.

To do this press MENU and up/down arrows to get to "Settings" menu, go in and go to "Security Settings" , then there are different options available. If that's what you mean.

I think the PIN code is attached to the SIM card? i.e. if you use your sim on other ohones you will also need to enter your pin?

<small>[ 23 October 2003, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: rc968 ]</small>

1000+ Posts
    XTC206:
    If only they (Nokia's) would keylock upon turning on in the first place .. I can't remember the last time I turned my phone off - but it's a simple feature that would be welcome.

- XTC206 -
    Newish Nokia's do. My dad's 5210 and my sister's 2100 have auto keylock (1 minute delay)

I think what Jamesnj was meaning was a coded keylock - ie you need a pin number to get access to the phone after it keylocks.

All the old Motorola analogue handsets I've seen have had a function where you can keylock the handset and then to un-keylock it you require a PIN. I think that's what he's after.

Yes people - we have to remember the USA only started the move to digital cellular telephones quite recently.

Derek

My motorola T180 has a lock function.

Quite good, not so good when u cannot remember the code........... cheers!

shobbz
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

I have the new SAGEM x-6 with the camera. Its from France and i love it.
    The C3 actually has some sagem connectors i think under the bonnet too...... :p

One of the first Laguna’s brought to Australia (1995) had a Sagem dash a few months later they were changed i cant remember to what but they both look the same. renault_
    Renault Sport Clio 172.

Thread Information