missed melb cruise, missed french day....cant find my volvo keys
  • Register
  • Help

missed melb cruise, missed french day....cant find my volvo keys

been away for almost a month (work comittement)and managed to miss out on the melb. cruise and the all french day...so although i was happy to finnaly get some work i m pretty peeeed-of about a few things....(anybody who had to look for their bloody car keys for more than half a day would know what i m talking about),,,...anyway just wanted to see what you guys think of the melb.motor show???whats up with the guy in the POrsche LOOSING it into a crowd???

Advertisement

cheers

dino

....no i still havent found the keys....the little one has probably hidden them somewhere....still ca nnot speak so kgb-style of questioning will not work....

rek
    To be honest, I felt a little bit underwhelmed by the motor show. There wasn't really much that blew me away, though admittedly that's probably because I had already read about most things via the internet. One thing I didn't like was that a lot of cars were standing on display but locked.. no better than walking through a dealership's courtyard after hours.

Honourable mention must go though to the staff at the Citroen booth, who managed to keep their sanity even though "Ca Plane Pour Moi" was played non-stop the entire day, to show off the C3... :p

nanananananana .. i am the king of the divan .. oo EE oo ooooo .. ca plane pour moi ..
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

nJm
    Hey, I like that song

Better than 'Jet Boy, Jet Girl' anyway. dead
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

You had to go and remind me of that song, I'd just gotten it out of my head...

After coming back from the Motor Show today, I felt that Peugeot and Citroen didn't seem to stylistically stand out as much as I expected them to. I agree with someone's past posting that Renault seems to have taken up where Citroen left off, introducing more of the unconventional designs in cars today.

Hey Peter, it's funny when they do open one of the $200,000 locked cars to show a seemingly interested customer, and then people instantly crowd around and jump in all the other doors to have a squiz. You can see the staff holding back from telling people to get out, quite funny...
    I managed to have a good sit in the back of the new Jaguar XJ when it was opened up. dance

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

One thing I like about convertibles, even if the windows are up, you can open them up provided the roof is away.

Mercedes thinks they're really clever, thinking that locking the doors will stop people getting into the cars.

They forgot that you can always open the car from the inside

In all honesty, I've found that if you want to look inside the car - just ask and they'll open it up for you.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

well..i ll be going with a mate of mine tomorrow..around sevenish..i think its open till ten...i usually take about 3 rolls of film and click away...(film usually sits around for months undeveloped till one day wife comes from photo lab: HEY I JUST SPEND FIFTY BUCKS FOR DEVELOPMENTS AND ALL I SEEEE RRR CARSS....AND WHO THE HELL ARE THESE GIRLS???)
    in regards to cars not being OPEN...well i usually dont care much....to tell u the truth i can not stand those guys that get behind the wheel and then SHIFT in the SEAT to see if the CAR FITS....
    (although i ve been guilty of this crime myself many times but at least its in something exotic like the gt40 not some DAEWOOkiaPROTON CARP....)
    i m looking forwards to it...but i will not be able to play around the FERRARIS (behind the rope)as i m not taking the little one with me...

ANYTHING i should keep an "I" on???

cheers
    dino

rek:
    Honourable mention must go though to the staff at the Citroen booth, who managed to keep their sanity even though "Ca Plane Pour Moi" was played non-stop the entire day, to show off the C3... :p

nanananananana .. i am the king of the divan .. oo EE oo ooooo .. ca plane pour moi ..
    Hahah, that song is in my head at the moment. "ooo EE oo ooooooh". The people at the Cit stand did well, considering they were mainly of the 'greying' demographic!

Admittedly this year's motorshow was not that special because there wasn't really anything that new. The Megane was on display and it didn't seem any better or worse in the flesh than in the pics - we still couldn't look at it anyway.

206SW wasn't anything special, I've seen the C3 before, and the 9-3, XC90, BA Falcon, VY Commodore etc. There wasn't really much new from the Euro marques, and with pigs like the 7 Series on their stand, I don't care much for BMW One of the few cars I hadn't seen before the show that I found interesting was the Vectra actually - definately a quantum leap over its predecessor.

So pretty much most the cars that weren't there last year, I saw before the motorshow anyway.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar
    I didn't bother to go to the show this year, mainly because I've become more interested in "classic" stuff as well as Peugeots (and Renaults and Citroens, I hastily add). I now get my automotive "fix" from Historic Winton. Now that is a good show, you can see a heap of fabulous old cars in action.

A must see for car fans.

John
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

7 series a pig???....i thought the same about it when i saw the car in the mags but i was behind one on the freeway and the rear end isn t as bad as i originally thought it was....its quite distinctive and one could almost say that bmw could be taking a page out of french car syling...ie.the cars are not looking as sterile and the evolutionary designs are becoming more stylish and even playfull....imagine that? a 7 series with a bit of flare and style?whats next, sporty convertibles that hint at the days gone by...

cheers
    dino
    ps i dont think much of their convertible...the boxter is a much more stylish car and will stand the test of time better....
    pss
    Was the SRi always carrying the 2l turbo or is the turbo a fresh ADD-ON???
    i also liked the left hand drive golf R32...mean looking machine!the Z appears to be a fine looking car 2 (they appear quite small on the road though)i also liked the rx8..it should do well for mazda....

I have a distinction between distinctive & ugly

7 Series = UGLY
    Megane II = distinctive.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

i guess its a matter of taste...i actually thought the MEGANE was ugly and although i dont think highly of the bm i think its not as bad as people made it out to be....With renaults which have SHAPE-SHIFTED in so many ways the megane will be thought of as yet another adventure where with bmw
    the 7 series must have been a real shock to the system considering they ve never done anything as radical as that....their designs have always kept on the conservative side of the road...So, all i m saying is wether we like it or not its NICE to see
    BMW daring to be more playfull and a little bit less STERILE....

cheers
    dino...
    ps....its strange though; when i first saw the bm (in pics) my first reaction was: "what a PIG,... what have they done????" It may still prove that first reactions are the most accurate....

nJm
    I like them. I think the S-Class and new A8 are more attractive, but they are also so conservative and boring. And having been for a rather spirited ride (as a passenger ) in a new 745i I can say for sure that they are quick, extremely comfortable and corner really well. The only things I had against it were the bloody i-Drive and the fact that you couldn't hear the engine unless you redlined it. Don't tell BMW though evil
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information