tennis balls
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: tennis balls

Fellow Frogger!

tennis balls

Am trying to create a slalom/autocross for french imports. In place of using cones I'd like to use tennis balls cut in half and placed flat side down.
    Would you guys notice hitting one of these tennis balls with your rear tire?

Advertisement

I had asked early about cone size, got no response

If you're including hydraulically suspended Citroens - no way! You can put the back wheel of one of these things over a curb when reverse parking and not necessarily notice that you've done it.
    Why something so small? You could put your wheel the wrong side of the ball and how would you know? If you're going to be doing a reverse slalom even cones are difficult to see.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Fellow Frogger!
    Bruce, have you ever put your rear wheel up on a curb with a hydraulic. suspended Citro? If so, I'd be interested in knowing how much of a curb you backed over.
    Your right, the guy could put his wheel on the wrong side of the ball and not know it. Can you recommend an alternative to cones? Something cheap but easier to cart around than cones?

I once went to the trouble of collecting 2 litre plastic orange juice bottles for this purpose. I even painted the tops orange. I was going to put a little bit of sand or dirt in each one to help hold them upright. Unfortunately I had to put them outside (because of all my other car parts inside) and they eventually rotted away due to UV rays before I ever got a chance to use them. Originally, my friend and I were going to place them in his back paddock so we could practice various motorkhana courses, but it never eventuated.

Dave McBean
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

James, years ago briefly had a manual steer CX Super which I drove to Uni - generally had to try to fit in parking spaces vacated by smaller cars. Had at least three occasions where I only had a vague suspicion the back wheel had jumped the kerb (3-4") until I got out to look.
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Thread Information