Hmmm, road rage ...
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Hmmm, road rage ...

This is fun

Driving home from work at lunch time, there's a 5block stretch that is 40km/h due to roadworks. Of course I'm doing exactly 40km/h (I've seen speed cameras parked there before). Some clown approaches incredibly fast and stamps on the brakes HARD to slow down and sits mere millmeters off my towbar.

Being the sort that doesn't really like being intimidated in the slightest I give the brakes a good stab as a warning to back off. Next thing the new falcon swings into the other lane, I can see the guy in it doing his block and screaming abuse at me. I smiled and waved as I accelerated to 60km/h leaving him way behind as the 'end roadworks' sign just became visible.

He catches me and literly runs me off the road. Hmmm, here we go ... A bigish guy with tats and pointy beard gets out the car and heads for me (must be a rental for him to be driving such a newie). This'll be fun eek! , I wind down the window and sit my right arm on the window frame and left one at about 2oclock on the steering wheel.

Advertisement

He comes over and does his block, waving his fist and screaming obsenities at me. I smiled and said "Please don't spit on my car, your spitting everywhere"... He goes off again screeming abuse at me for hitting the brakes and winds up for a swing "Don't tailgate me and I won't hit the brakes !" I suggested to him. I could see he was about to throw the punch and my hands being right where I wanted them I waited ready to grab it. Poor guy, how am I going to explain to the police why there's a guy laying on the road beside my car with no teeth in his face (You see the only option open is to grab the arm as it comes through the window and "gently" help them do a face plant straight into the roof guttering on the car).

He saw my hands come up and stop in mid swing "You were doing 40km/h he screams at me amongst a whole heap of cursing... "Yes that's what I always do in roadwork 40km/h zones, especialy those frequented with speed cameras"...

I then none to eleqantly told him to get his fat arse back into the car and go back and read the signs mallet

Gee's this is fun, stayed tuned for my drive home tonight through the 40km/h zone... there's always a freight train of cars following me through it roll_lau roll_lau

Good to see how much manners are improving on the roads whistle
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

XTC
    While I 100% agree this guy was a moron ... you have to be careful, I know someone who was assaulted with an iron bar (tire lever) in a road rage incident ... tire levers today - gun tomorrow. eek!

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Gem
    Nice work!
    I wish I was there to have seen that fat bogan have a na-na.
    ~ gemma ~
    '95 306 S16
    [MYS16]

Azide tastes nice on my cereal.

While I 100% agree this guy was a moron ... you have to be careful, I know someone who was assaulted with an iron bar (tire lever) in a road rage incident ... tire levers today - gun tomorrow.
    Yes I completely agree. However you see a Citroen CX is a very heavy car to have heading straight for you whistle I certainly not stupid enough to hang around if some nutcase is after me blush

It just make me wonder what Misterreno would do in this sort of situation. You certainly don't want to agrevate matters by trying to speed off

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

XTC206:
    While I 100% agree this guy was a moron ... you have to be careful, I know someone who was assaulted with an iron bar (tire lever) in a road rage incident ... tire levers today - gun tomorrow. eek!

- XTC206 -
    Yep, be careful - a guy got shot in Melbourne a while back because he honked a guy who cut him off in a roundabout.
    A friend tells a good story from when she lived in Los Angeles - she honked a guy on the freeway who nearly hit her, and he pulled a gun on her eek! . She has never honked any one ever again....
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

But there is an upside to being pedantic regarding road rules - you might win yourself a shiny new Renault Megane to cruise about in

XTC
    Haakon:
    But there is an upside to being pedantic regarding road rules - you might win yourself a shiny new Renault Megane to cruise about in
    ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

TAC Drive Right promotion - you register, put a sticker on your car and get prizes if spotted by the police driving safely. The big prize draw at the end is one of 5 Megane hatches, which you can only claim if you have not aquired any demerit points during the campaign.

Yep,

Doubt I'd ever win one, though if I did it would be great. I'd flog it off without even seeing it and pay off a chunk of the house ... or buy a *real* car for Ang, maybe a C5 turbo deisel or something.

I don't care how p!$$ed people get with me, I don't speed through roadworks where there's people actively working (especialy when I've seen revenue cameras there previously mallet ).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Shane, why resort to physical violence, when all you needed to do was lower the car onto the big lug's boots, holding him captive till the wallapers got there?????
    cheers!
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

XTC
    Haakon:
    TAC Drive Right promotion - you register, put a sticker on your car and get prizes if spotted by the police driving safely. The big prize draw at the end is one of 5 Megane hatches, which you can only claim if you have not aquired any demerit points during the campaign.
    They did the same thing here .... but they pulled people over to take their name, pissed a few people off - imagine the conversation.

Driver - "So let me get this straight, you pulled me over for doing something right"

Officer - "Yes sir/ma'am"

Driver - "Stop wasting my time and go and get one of the morons who is forever breaking the road rules !!! "

The prise was a (yep 1) cheap Hyundie .. as if the roads were not dangerous enough with all those accents/excels on the road !!

We all like positive re-enforcement, but I like the Vic solution better.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

This little bit of road rage occured to me on another car cruise a few months back. I cant be bothered typing the whole incident again so i'll just copy & paste it.

Ok so after relaxing at the bbq place in portsea and having a good convo wit some great people, it was back to what we came for A CRUISE.

We left and encountered traffic as we left portsea and this continued through to Sorento. The speed limit was 60 and there was no chance i could exceed this as the maroon R33 was right in front of me and there was traffic aplenty. So we continued to cruise as i put the sunroof and windows down whilst pumping out some Punjabi MC Tunez (no i wasnt i just thought sounded funny if i did).

As i looked in my rear view mirror i saw a silver Hyundai excel, the female driver didn't like the idea of having to go below the speed limit and began to tailgate me , ok thats fine i'll just move to the side and show her that i cant go any faster than i already am because there is a car 5 meters in front of me and its a single lane rd.
    She continued to tailgate and i did a bit of brake testing, (not to be a smart ass but to keep her alert). Then to my attention her two male friends (one in the back seat and one in the passenger) were starting to abuse and waving the middle finger around and were evidently drunk. I ignored them, but they continued, at this stage i let her tailgate and stop brake testing as this would have just aggrovated them even more!

But under the influence of alcohol and having to endure a ride in a hyundai excel obviously got to these two males and they had to release their frustration.

As we approached the lights (turned red) i tried to sqeeze in next to the R33 and in front of the bus but it was too late, instead i was behind the r33 and in front of the Excel. I looked back to see that the guy in the backseat (some outrageous Yobbo) and got out of the car and was approaching the pug in a ANGRY MANNER . he went over to the passenger side, where my mate was sitting, he imediatly locked the door as the drunk tried to open it, i then put the window up and the drunk tried to punch it in and failed!! i then noticed the sunroof being open and saw the drunk try and come in from here, he reached for my mates hat and hung on, the light turned green and i shot off, the drunk would not let go and eventually the momentum of the car got the better of him and he fell to the ground as i drove off.

I flew off doing well over the 60k speed limit as i was shitting myself at this point. We thought we got away but then the nut case Excel came out of no where and was chasing me, O GREAT a Car Chase in traffic and YES im the Petrol Light has just come on!! Could this get anyworse!!.

I pulled into some side street and ignored the 50k speed limit as i approached the t-intersection and then saw that a car had stopped at the t-intersection waiting for traffic to be clear so it could proceed, i didn't have time to wait so i pulled up in the opposite lane and didn't even look and burned off, in my rear view i saw the white supra and the black echo.

I just continued to speed off and for me the cruise was over, at this stage the excel was too caught up in the traffic but it wasnt worth the risk so i continued to speed off! We then reached the roundabout which leads to melbourne and took that road, got onto the freeway and got off at the next exit.
    A very scary ordeal, something i really would like to forget! eek!

<small>[ 20 October 2003, 05:39 PM: Message edited by: purrr-geot ]</small>

Good move purrrgeot - its not worth the agro, or the chance of bruises (or even worse the chance of dents on ones beloved froggy.. ). It never ceases to amaze me how many idiots there out there who get agro because you drive normally.
    Its a shame you didnt have a chance to get some serious speed up before he fell off...

2yrs ago me and my friends where driveing along went a guy in a ford was tailgate because my friend was doing 65kms in a 60 zone he was going off hes head and start to follow us then at the set of lights we stop and he stop and he got out and went in hes boot and got out a knife that was about 30cms long then he run up to the car and say to my friend "i`m going 2 kill u" and point the knife at him and he starter to kick the car then he run around 2 my side and he was running i open the door so that the door will hit him in the leg and he drop the knife and my friend did a u -turn and we got away

and that happen at punchbowl 6.30pm it was day light

i shit my self
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Fellow Frogger!
    I too have been chased by morons, while not too dramatic but still somewhat a scary ordeal.

It was around 1am on Sydney's M2, I was cruising at speed limit (100km/h), was overtaking other slower cars so I was in the fast lane. At this moment I was fast approaching this Falcon in front of me which was doing around 50km/h for no apparent reason. I gave it a friendly high-beam burst to signal it to move over. The Falcon then fully braked and stopped right there on the spot. Wasn't happy with what he did I flashed again before changing lane and drove pass. Then the Falcon drove up behind me and started intimidating me, tailgating, swirving, and tried to pull up next to me. I thought it would be wise to ignore the speed limit and speed away, as having heard many road rage stories, who knows what they might do, especially with 4 big guys in the Falcon. Then the chase begin as I exited the freeway. I was heading towards a police station which wasn't far away, just in case. Glad my car still (fortunately) accelerates slightly faster then that piece of junk, so I was able to prevent them from overtaking me. Luckily they gave up a while later.

hmmm interesting posts....tthere is a lot of psychos out there...and i must admit,...erhhh...cough cough...i ve been one on more than a few occasions.....my favourite is still the one that happened just a few days after i bought my 18 gts...

it was quite late about 11 ish....i was heading down ballarat rd (towards the city) and i must admit i was probably speeding (about 90kmh) in a 70kmh zone....anyway the road was pretty empty except for the lone vk commodore ahead of me...he was in the right lane just like me...as i aproached him (thinking he will move over)i figured this guy will not move....so (about 50meteres back) i indicate left BUT i ACCIDENTALLY HIGH BEAM him....i think (shit, thats not nice)but before i could complete my thought ...the guys thrown out the anchors and the vk has gone into a massive lock up.....i breaked succesfully ending up some 10 meters behind him....but i really could not believe somebody could do that (it never happened to me before---i try not to ever tailgate,,,i d rather change lanes)...anyway....my wife (then girlfriend )just looked me as to say what a F#@k3nn psycho....i thought the same....
    what happned next was most entertaining....

the guyy has started to accelerate away but the 18 made a short work of it...1st...2nd...3rd and i ve cought him passed him....then recalculated breaking....once i was about 30 meters ahead....i decided to see how hard the comodore can really break.....SO this time the 18 goes into FULL bracke lock...and all i could hear were tyres screamming behind me...the commodore stopped a couple meters from my back end...however...this time...i emidiatelly throw the 18 into reverse (hesitated for a few seconds to let the guy know whats coming his way)

naturally the moment the guy saw me go into reverse...he reacted by doing the same....wow...this guys quick (there was a passanger as well---his mate)....SO picture this....2 cars going bacwards (in reverse)down ballarat road...so YES i m now chassing him in reverse...and he s escaping in reverse.....but what does the GREAT dino do then???

here is the cream:....i then proceed and efectivelly do a 180 degree handbrake turn and in less than the time it took the guy in the other car to say "HOLLY SHIT"...i was heading his way..1st 2nd......untill the nose of my car is touching the vk bumpers....natuarlly he can hardly see this as he is still trying to escape in reverse......he then attempts to go into a side street but buggers the revese turn completely...his car stops....with the nose of the 18 blocking the passanger door ,,..the drivers door was unopenable...because he almost parked it into a post...i then get out of the car (i see the ocupants locking themselfs in the car)...as i come to the drivers door...i SMASSH into the drivers window with the side of my fist and LOUDLY exclaim...: "i m sorry i f#@#en HI beamed u MATE....but for [email protected] sake dont lock your brakes like that again....ONE day some psycho is going to get you and RIPP your f32en balls off...." i then procceded back into my car...reversed back....do another 180 and i was on my way home.....

cheers
    dino
    ps...i felt bad that i hi beamed him on an empty rd but his reaction was unbelievable....
    now i have a kid and a wife and those days are long gone....these days i KEEP AN eye out for speeding vehicle and try my hardest to GET OUT OF THEIR WAY...only god knows why they r in a hurry might be a bad day? could even be an emergency? just get out of their way...

UFO
    A guy was shot in the leg over the weekend in Sydney due to road rage.

Sounds like that scene out of Steve Martin's LA Story.

Tragic.

Shane - I also slow down to 40 in road works as I figure the roadworkers are doing their job and deserve the safest conditions possible just as I do at work. approve

Mind you I am KICKING myself for accidentally exceeding the speed limit through some school zones in Sydney today. That is a challenge - trying to spot the signs in amongst our road side sign litterati and not getting rear ended by all the other punters insistent on doing 60+. whip whip mallet

IIRC Shane has some martial arts skills too? He may be able to handle himself in a situation like this - but is it worth the risk??

<small>[ 20 October 2003, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: UFO ]</small>
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

I'm just trying to work out how you got run off the road if you were in a CX?

They aren't big and chunky pieces of metal to look pretty..
    BX TZi '92
    CX 2200 Pallas - Restoration car!

Morons are morons everywhere, but in some places they're better armed than others -- my favourite LA bumper sticker (ahead of the one that said, "don't shoot -- I'll move over!") was the one that said "Honk if you've never seen an Uzi fired from a moving vehicle". eek!

peugeot_ 206 GTi
    renault_ Clio 1.4 auto
    MY15 208GTi

previously:
    MY10 Sportium HDi6 and 1.6L auto
    MY99 206GTi
    MY96 306XSi auto
    MY02 Clio 1.4L auto

1ťre grenouille:
    MY5? Simca Aronde 90A

QUICK! MORE BREAD, MORE CIRCUSES!!

Guys, guys, guys...you really do make life unnecessarily hard for yourselves don't you.
    Let's face facts; some gorilla graffiteed like an old dunny door ain't gunna be the brightest sparkler on cracker night is he?
    Driving a frog, you're going to be looked upon as some kind of retard; right?? So milk it for all it's worth!!
    If it's a CX as you stop at lights, intersections etc, jack the suspension to its highest. (That way if they hit, they come off second best) then as you stop, hit reverse; watch expression on other drivers face as reversing lights come on eek! "priceless" :p
    Next, as you approach a "T" junction; don't rush. Take your time and wait for an approaching vehicle, preferrably a bimbo in a wank tank touching up the make up in the rear vision mirror and as you take off & the dickhead tailgater follows at close range, prop or slow right down with the rear bumper of your car still on the centre line. Again check the look on the twits face eek! Same works well at an ordinary intersection FWIW.
    If he still persists on tailgating, and you find yourself on a stretch of familiar road & you are a good enough driver, accelerate gradually up to the corner and deliberately take the wrong line through the corner (overshoot & correct) which given the right set of circumstances results in him sideways in the gravel. (I saw a troopy full of backpatters take to the grass at about 110KPH one day...pretty sight.) roll_lau
    If all the above fail, then keep an eye open for a copper with a speed gun and as you approach, move slightly over to encourage him to pass and as he does, gradually increase speed until "sparky" gives it a boot full at which time you back off quickly and just scowl at him as he passes. When whalloper steps out to give him his reward, just smile kindly at him as you pass.
    All the above work fairly well as my mob would tell you and are a constant source of amusement. It also usually means that the wallys involved get the message that given half a chance, you'd legally kill the [email protected][email protected] and seems to give them the message better than threatening with physical violence where YOU'D be in the wrong.
    cry

Alan S dance
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Guys,

anyone that knows me will know for sure I'm not a violent person (not even in the slightest).

I was doing a right turn, having moved into a turning lane & slowing down when he swerved across the front of my car, I had to brake hard and swerve up onto a traffic island (I'm not bending my car 'cos someones a d!ckhead). I could have backed up and taken off, he most likely WOULDN'T have caught the CX turbo at full flight (even though it was a brand new fowlcan --Those things have some serious grunt ...). If I did that it would end in an accident for sure, most probably with a pedestrian as we were nearly in the city center.

Sure I have trained in martial arts on & off (a lot of off roll_lau ) for years. The only thing that teaches you is how WELL other people can take care of themselves. However you'd have to be incredibly lucky to get a punch to hit someone through a small car window, there is no doubt someone that's never been in a fight in there lives could trap the arm. It's just a matter of reefing there arm (or shirt, they can tear so prefably a beard in this case) towards the car. They are already overbalanced from trying to hit into the car so WILL do a pretty serious face plant straight into the window frame/roof guttering. I'd be very surprised if they would be left standing after that. If 5 big guys jumped out the car, or someone with a knife, sure then is the time to bend your car to get away, prefably straight over the top of them evil (and head for the nearest cop shop).

This is the first time I've struck this sort of stupidity in 11years of driving, so it's not exactly happening regualy. If it happens again tomorow I'd probably do the same thing

seeya,
    Shane L.

<small>[ 20 October 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: DoubleChevron ]</small>
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Administrator
    DoubleChevron:
    It just make me wonder what Misterreno would do in this sort of situation.
    Accidentally discharge my OC spray in his face....

Seriously though, there is no hard and fast way to deal with some people, as I find out quite often in my job.

Trying to be non-confrontational and explaining the situation, or even apologising (even though you did nothing wrong) is often a good way to resolve a situation......

Then write down his rego number and report the matter to police.

PS: Are u sure he didn't think you were an alien from another planet driving a UFO??..He may have thought you were going to launch an invasion on downtown Ballarat and that he would be doing mankind a service in running you of the road??

<small>[ 20 October 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: mistareno ]</small>

Administrator
    Damien Gardner:
    Shane, why resort to physical violence, when all you needed to do was lower the car onto the big lug's boots, holding him captive till the wallapers got there?????
    cheers!

I could just imagine trying to write that into an informant statement.....

I just have two things to say:

1st. I find that the best way to stop tailgaters is infact to go much slower than the speed limit coz then they can and will overtake you and be on their way. I've tried the "break test" and it only pisses them off and makes them break more. If i'm in the right lane though i usually move over.

2nd. Almost everytime i hear myself saying "bloody w*nker" i find myself looking at a falcon. You have a look. A lot of these stories were about falcons. I'm not one to generalise usually but falcons make up more than half the w*nkers on the road.
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

Yep,

what if your on a two lane road, and ARE in the inside lane, however this is only because you about to turn right

Simply put, there d!ckheads, if Ang had have been in the car I would have beaten the living crap out of him for scaring her... You have to put up with enough crap on the roads without total idiots like these. It's MUCH less of a problem if your by yourself (or with friends), as you don't have to put up with the stress of the better half abusing you (as obviously it's going to be your fault -- somehow ... ).

I REALLY have no idea what I'd do if I had kids in the car or something, speed/drive recklessly to get away?? Yeah sure, your likely to end up in an accident for sure in heavy traffic, and there's no doubt you'll have to stop any second due to traffic... I guess you windup the windows and lock the doors (and hope for the best).

Still if it came to the crunch, I'd run them down in a hearbeat before I'd risk anyone in my family getting hurt. The police can sort it when they get there (and you've backed off of them)...

Maybe I should start leaving a 6foot staff laying across the back floor of my car ... Which is exactly what we DON'T want... (people carrying/having access to weapons when there going off there nut due to road rage ...).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '78 GS1220 pallas

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information