Peugeot
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Peugeot

Fellow Frogger!

Peugeot

Hello everyone,

I have been just kicked off the peugeot sport club for posting about the the nice 306 2 door t16 someone built.
    Peugeot fans wont exept anything but a mild modification (They will make a fool of u if u want to try anything different.
    This is what i think of Peugeot
    Peugeot don't give power to the people like the japanese do.
    Peugeot and the french r so selfish that the french engineers let the peugeot british touring car car campain disgraced itself against the japenese oposition like The great nissan and honda teams while the poms called for help to peugeot who were with there french engineers and german touring car campain making a mess of the german team (Great teams like Audi Bmw and opel)
    Yet the selfish french let them in on there secrets of the block whitch i found out later when the team was down and out this is from peugeot engineers Against each other the french r vane.
    Think about it everybody tells you how great peugeot is and that they have beaten the jap ex WRC but the japs give power to the people not just to there race teams (Well to the race teams with the french effort and flying the french flag that is)
    Mitsubishi give you evo a race car that has more power than the race car that some of the japs actually race with
    Subaru give you the great sti awd race car
    Honda give you 120 hp per litre
    The best frontwheel drive in the world typeR acura integra
    Peugeot give you nothing
    In formula one peugeot management said they want a win in 3 years or they will pull out like little girls they r
    While people like stuey flames toyota will fail or he expects they will (Keep dreaming Lets face it the japs have it all over the french in performance and actually give you there race engineering
    I have even talked to great chairman of mazda yamamoto
    Try talking to the french chairman of peugeot on inside info on their cars like you can to the nissan greats kakimoto Zenatani all great loyal people to their cars
    People over in london have asked me for all the info i have worked on for 1 year for free as i have stated i dont want anything to do with the pegeot make.
    I let them know that they should not turbo there cars with high boost as the integrity of the alloy block is not good
    Peugeot diecast there own xu blocks while they sandcast the production xu blocks to us
    while hondas foundry work is up ther with ferrari(Check it out)
    I have been dissapointed with the people around the world no one helps each other like they do with performance mods yet they want all your hard work.
    Please enjoy your car but don't put peugeot in the leugue of japanese engineering
    If it was not for a italian pinninfarina i would not have owned a peugeot(It was an italian that gave peugeot character not the french)
    The last thing i want to do is re engineer a peugeot to try and beat superior japanese performance cars.
    Who wants to advertise a company like peugeot.
    Japenese POWER TO THE PEOPLE
    Peugeot POWER TO THE RACE TEAMS so us dreamers can buy there so called winning cars
    How stupid of me
    Least i have seen the light

Murat

Advertisement

Take a chill pill dude

Why should power be the be all and end all of motoring? Granted, some of your comments may be correct, but if we all wanted shear power and no enjoyment, we would of bought a grey import 180SX, which may be quick but are as boring as bat shit on bread.

Personally, i LIKE my Pug, and am not going to let your short-sighted opinion diverge my reasons for owning a Pug.

Nuf Said.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

Fellow Frogger!
    Phasis,

One last post mate to clear things up
    I am not saying your peugeot or my peugeot
    for that matter r bad they r good cars but r not great and r not as good as the 200sx s14 s15 sivia same year as your car.
    Silvia all alloy engine capable of 500hp on a race bottom end with girdle that comes from the factory to the people. full true independent irs setup viscouscoupling lsd
    You cant slag something that most likely u have not driven.
    Like the v8 boys that get exited about there v8 supercars (How great they r)
    I heard they just have gone faster than the r32 gtr that was handicapped in 92 not bad 9 years to level a 9 year old jap car.
    A performance car cant be a fwd or porsche mercedes bmw would be fwd.

I am not telling anyone to sell there car just dont slag true performance cars.
    And give credit were it is due
    This is my last post
    Thanks for the opertunity to get my point across

Murat

Yes, personally I think everyone who wants a "fast" car should really be driving a 79 corolla with a jap import lexus v8 in it....

Now there's real japanese performance

If it were just about "real" performance/handling/price, everyone would be driving Lotus 7 replicas (westfields etc) for the price of a WRX be pretty easy to get a faster, better handling, more reliable (jap engine, hehe) _true_ sportscar.

The truth of the matter is in our dreary day to day lives we don't get to thrash our cars around 97% of the time we're stuck in traffic, by speed limits or whatever .....It's at those moments i get to sit back, listen and immerse myself in the aural delight that is the creaks, squeaks and rattles of my 205 while staring at that lion wondering ...."why?".....can i get that in a jap car?......i don't think so

I think it's time.....come out of the closet....sell your soul....lash out!,let loose, free yourself from that internal prison.....go to the dark side.......profess your undying love for japanese cars! Buy that 180SX you've always dreamed of!

Sounds like it would do wonders for your blood pressure

PS
    Am I the only who finds the impending release of 206 with 120kw+ exciting?
    ________
    The Legend Condos Cosy Beach
    Last edited by DTwo; 22nd August 2011 at 04:40 AM.

Who wants a car that is better in only a few areas?

Type R is the best front wheel drive car in the world?.......Is it?......Have you driven both an ITR and a GTi6 or are you just going by other people opinions?

I have driven many many high performance cars. They will brake, accelerate and corner better than my Peugeot but I will be buggered if I can find a car thats puts all of these qualities together as well as my car.

Peugeot also participates in a lot of Motorsport - and has been successful in most. Which Japanese manufacturers can back that up?

rek
    There's nothing at all wrong with being a fan of Japanese cars. I'm a big fan of Hondas (not the ricey sticker-charged buzzboxes, but the genuine sporty Hondas)

We all have our own unique priorities and requirements in a car. As DTwo said, the reality for a number of us is that most of our driving is done on public roads.

I think my 306 is fantastic (it has everything I could want.) But I also know that a lot of people will think otherwise, and that's simply because they look for something different than me in a car.

If I was into serious race-tuning and modifying cars, there's no way I'd pick anything other than Japanese! Good chassis and handling, *great* engines, massive aftermarket support ... what more could you want?

Just think, it would be an awfully dull world if we all drove the same car!

DTwo: a 120+KW 206 sounds nice, but only if they fix the pedal spacing first! :p
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Like DTWO said, if you want the ultimate in performance get a Lotus 7 replica, preferably the Westfield Megabusa (Suzuki Hayabusa engine). 420kg, 170hp, 138Nm(much more when multiplied by the super low gear reduction), 0-100 in under 3.5 secs, and cornering power that almost requires a G-suit.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

And then there's the modified 200hp++ Hayabusa engine...

If anyone thinks these bike engined cars have got no guts down low, they don't know much about them. In fact the Hayabusa engined car lights the tyres up at the slightest touch of the throttle, regardless of how low the revs are. Many people prefer the 900cc Honda Fireblade engine for the road. They can totter around all day at low revs (without spinning the wheels so often), but still do 0-100 in about 4.5 secs when you give them a boot full. They have a glorious sound too.

Even the 330kg 600cc Yamaha R6 engined car which we built last year at UNSW had psycho performance (even with the 20mm intake restrictor!).

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Murat...your argument regarding the Nissan Skylines is flawed. These cars, when they raced in the early 90's were so full of technology that they had to win and indeed set impressive times. Not only were the engines twin turbo charged, they had 4 wheel drive and stearing, fully varaible difs to all 4 wheels, and were comparitivly light compared to todays V8's. I also think they might of had ABS. This of course meant that they could take off, stop, and corner quicker, all the things which make quick lap times.

The V8's of today are hugley restricted not simply to make them slow, but to make a good race. Who would know the difference between the lap times of todays cars and yesterdays cars, the only factor you have to go off is the closeness of the racing of those cars on the circuit at once, a feature of the V8's which draws the crouds.

Remember the F1's of years gone by? 1.5L turbo charged engines which produced over 1200hp at somewhere around 10,000rpm. Now todays engines manage over 700hp, but thats at 15,000rpm, which makes a huge difference. My point here is not that F1 engines of today are ordinary, they are hugely regulated much the same as the V8's are. The engineers have to make do with the regulations setout for them.
    In 1992 Riccardo Patrese did the fastest lap at a Hockenheim, Germany in 1:41.59, in 2001 Juan Pablo Montoya Roldan did a 1:41.81. Here lies the differences in race cars, it's not in the pure speed of the cars, it's in the rules and regulations that govern the sport, and therefore the level of technology that can be used.

I do agree with you in that the Japanesse hi-po cars are faster and I think the crucial factor here is that they rely more on forced induction rather than engineering. Take BMW for example. They do not rely on forced induction to get power from their cars. They spend countless hours developing the best engineering solution to produce power which is comparable to that of the turbo charged nissans. Honda is the exception, not the standard to this rule however. I get peeved off myself when I see what Peugeot is capable of. Take the aledged 130kw 206. This only came about through necessity rather than need to fulfil the wants of the public. It would be nice to see some real rice eaters out of any of the French manufacturers.

Bring it on POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

1000+ Posts
    Hi Murat,

Not bad mate. How are you?

Just a quick point, since I, again, am the only person you seem to mention specifically.

It wasn't me that maligned Toyota's impending F1 effort. It was mentioned by someone else.

Regards, and all the best with your treatment.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Well all I can say is thank God Renault is on our side, power to the people, what better example than Renault, the Clio sport, best bang for your bucks, the Clio V6, Why did they build it? I can imagine some frustraited designer at Renault saying I wonna put a V6 in a Clio, his mates saying yeah yeah shutup and have another drink. Whats the purpose of it, the old R5 turbo was built to rally and did it very well but the V6 doesn't fit into any class, its not 4wd, only 2 seats, it has no racing class exept for its own one make series, I'm sure the only reason it exists is to give the people the power and above all put some fun back into our boring day to day driving, I know its not much quicker than the Clio sport at half the price but just wait till it gets hotted up.
    seeyas
    David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

1000+ Posts
    Dave,

I reckon the Megabusa would be WILD...but I prefer the Caterham Superlight for the road, just for its 'Lotusness' and quality (ie. non-Lotusness?). I seriously looked into doing the 60's trick of building my own Caterham a few years ago through Perth dealers Barbagallo. It was going to cost me $25K for the full kit! Ouch! That was with the base K-series and De Dion rear end, but no weather equipment (hey, I'm in Perth...).

Like your taste in performance gear, though.

Cheers!

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Can we take a poll on who's glad to hear that was his last post?

Can we play the last post?

Fellow Frogger!
    I long for a peugeot that rides and handles as well as the japanese cars, my old Impreza was so smooth over bumps and always turned in under power.

I long for a peugeot that's individual, and one that has a bit of class.

They all look the same, my Gti6 handles like a bucket and it's gutless.

I wanna S13 with a T66 on it now, so I can discover what finesse is all about.

I love it when people are shy!!!

Fellow Frogger!
    Hey Ray,

are you taking votes? If so can I have two? I think its pretty easy to see why he was kicked off the other bulletin board....

I can't really understand what he is on about, I mean people buy french cars for a host of reasons, for me personally it's a question of being different without having to put big f*** off bodykits to stand out from the crowd.

As for the whole- peugeot are crap compared to hot jap cars- well, I haven't myself driven a 306 or a WRX but magazines I have read (and these guys would drive a hell of a lot more cars than our learned friend) state that the 306 GTI-6 outperformed a WRX on their 'test' corner. I realise that this isn;t the whole story but French cars are generally good performers in most areas (standard) altho' maybe a little lacking in performance (you can never have enough of course) but not many people would say that pugs/renos etc handle badly (std)- in fact their handling is what they are renowned for.

Compare this to Jap cars (on NZ and Aus roads) on anything other than a billiard table surface and they struggle. Another thing is that in NZ's flooded jap import market a pug or reno is so different it's not funny.

Thats my two cents worth.

Ben
    ps the 2litre clio sells for $36NZ and WRX approx $58+- what would you rather have?

rek
    Originally posted by Renault17:
    <STRONG>As for the whole- peugeot are crap compared to hot jap cars- </STRONG>
    "Oh but it's true! Haven't you played Gran Turismo? If it's not a Skyline or WRX with a massive turbo, it's hopeless!"

I guess this sort of thinking (I call it the "Gran Turismo Syndrome") is the reason why there are so many grey import non-turbo automatic transmission Silvias about...
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

1000+ Posts
    Howdy,

You CAN'T argue cars. Full stop. It's impossible. And I argue day in and day out for a living, so should know...

Most of you guys would possibly laugh at my beloved R12. I bought it as a stop gap (and to lug building materials - it's a wagon) but recognised its blend of excellent ride, smooth revvy engine (for a pushrod unit) top notch reliability, good torque spread, and perfectly judged gearing lead to a package that grew on me. Not to mention extremely cheap running costs, and huge off road capability. It's certainly no 306GTi-6, but now I intend to run it into the ground. I've since learned that most of the above attributes are inherent in most French cars. The suspension is the revelation. Brilliant.

I've got a top ten of cars I could reasonably expect to be able to buy, and about 4 of them are French. None are from the land of the rising sun. But that's just my preference - so what?

(Heard all this before, John W?)

Cheers

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!
    Stuey,

You say i contradict myself (I am sorry if that was spelt incorrect)
    You r like the Melbourne weather
    Were u not the one telling us to buy wrx if we want to win traffic like battles.
    Were u not the one telling me not to bag the wrx
    Well mate the impreza is a smooth carpet ride with a lethal punch
    Mate in the widebody sti version it is not even bland but one of the race cars that japenese sell to the people
    Performance car of the decade 90-00 as you said all true
    ntrx is speaking from his heart and yeah a t66 will make it bye bye material even to your dreamcar (you dream about)
    Oh yeah the market is flooded with the great cars the people want
    You should understand that why would you as a dealer put money into cars that people dont want (people buy so there is demand)
    so people provide so they can be purchased and enjoyed)
    Even ray is getting in on the act
    Don't worry i did not mention anything about 504 ray
    Only to the boys who don't give sredit were it is due.
    Buy the way some of those spoilers bells and whistles look great (Have you seen some of those lancers man some r cool
    Anyway all of you take care and i have not posted anything that was not true.

Murat

1000+ Posts
    Murat,

The WRX is not in my top ten. It's that simple. Obviously not simple enough for you.

You'd better find a forum where large plastic appendages are the order of the day.

NO! I don't mean a porn site. (Sighhhh...)

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Fellow Frogger!
    Since everyone else is getting in on the act I might as well put my point of view across.
    At the end of the day all that's being put across here is point of view.
    Anycar can beat another in a given situation. For example two episodes of Top Gear (the greatset motoring show ever) one where Tiff Needell (the greatest motoring journo, and awesome race car driver) says that a Pegueot 205 GTI would eat a Porshe or Lamboghini alive?? In the right situation (go-kart track maybe). Same was said when comparing the Ferrari 355 to the Lancia Delta HF Integrale.
    At the end of the day the Japanese make good performance cars, some are great, so do the Americans (not that I'd ever touch one with a barge pole), the French do to, as do the Germans, the Italians, even your Aussie Tickfords and HSVs aint sluggish, for gods sakes even the British make performance cars.
    All in all it comes down to what you as an individual want in a car. I know there's a 1001 different cars out there that would woop the pants off my little GTi. But at the end of the day - I dont care.
    I think what a lot of people forget about is what is THE most important fact in owning a car - Smile on the dial.
    I doesnt matter how fast it is, how big it's bits of plastic are, or how many stickers it's got on it, as long as it puts a smile on it's owners face then thats as it should be.
    I hope this ends this debat as it's pointless and just going to drive a wedge between members of this community. I thought everyone here was open minded and friendly and i'd like to keep it that way. I've kept some of my opinions to myself in the past because I didn't want to be ousted.
    But hey life would be hell boring if we were all the same. (yaaaa there's your moral for the day, peace, love and prosperity to all, BARF!!!)

Izza

(By the way this is the clinical/idealistic Izza speaking at the moment, my pug with huge stickers and plastic bits, plus a turbo?, now where did i put that airsick bag?))

SUBJECT CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What was it all about??????? :p
    Point a to point b

or point a to point-less?

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Don't worry Al,

as soon as the roads turn bad, with a few pot holes in the corners we'll cruise past the lot of 'em, yep everyone of them, with our door handles scraping the ground & huge grins on our faces. Doesn't matter if it's 'pug' or 'jap'. When the goins tough, nothin keeps up with a big soft none to sloppy 'Cit'

Um, lets not talk round town sharp low speed corners though... :p You see everycar has it's place, though I don't know where that leaves crummydores & such

seeya,
    Shane L. (that oughta stir 'em up some!)
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!
    Murat, you are so blind with ignorance that you misinterpreted blatant sarcasm.

"the impreza is a smooth carpet ride"

I guess the Type R's soft luscious ride will now be compared with BMW and Mercs all around the world now.

I have driven an STi and various standard and modified WRXs, and let me tell you they're not all that special in the handling department. In fact, macquered's 306 XT handles better STOCK than my Impreza did with $3500 of suspension improvements. It happens to ride well too.

A friend spent over 13k in suspension, brakes, and semi slicks - and yep, his WRX handles very well... but he's the first to admit his 205GTi is quicker point to point in certain situations and is a lot more enjoyable in doing so.

What it comes down to is Peugeot's have character and are enjoyable to drive.

There.

So why are you still lingering around?

Do you think we will suddenly obey our new Leader of Grammatical Blunder and buy 'real' sports cars? I think your reasonings & actions are on par with your debating prowess.

I hope you enjoy your new-found driveability when you install that T66, and I hope you enjoy your new friends who also believe real sports cars have to be modified before they're any good.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread Information