Car polish
  • Help

Thread: Car polish

Car polish

Has anyone found a car polish that doesn't cause that hazy white buildup on the plastic bumpers, door protectors etc. when inadvertently applied to those areas?

I use 3 layers of Maguires every 6 months (or when I feel like it ). Swirl remover, then yellow wax, & finally show car glaze.
    Every 3 or so I reapply the last one.
    It's just a pain in the proverbial having to tape these areas up every time
    The stuff works great - I recommend it but I'm open to suggestions

Advertisement

gibgib

Fellow Frogger!
    3m have some very impresive products. Wax free and swirl free. I dont know if it's for sale retail but I'm sure a local panel shop would be happy to sell it under the table.

Fellow Frogger!
    3M used to make a product called "Fill 'n' Glaze"...this was the ducks nuts of polishes for if you got some onto hard plastic, it would polish that as well !!!

Brought up my Fiat 124's paint to a very good finish,it looked yellow compared to the white I got at the end, but alas, as with all things good, they changed the formula and it just doesnt cut the mustard now.

I use a "goop" from a plastic welder in Toowoomba that will remove all polish marks from plastic and actually return the "plastique" back into the plastic itself.

This of course means I have to do the placky after I polish, but doesnt everyone?

Try Kero in warm/hot water, this usually does the trick for me, but will strip any coatings you have put on the placky.

Chipper

mmm... the 3M product was mentioned twice
    So I can't get that stuff anymore?

Sounds perfect if it does the bumpers & all the plastic in one go, that's what I'm after.

Yes I have used a tooth brush to remove polish from plastic bits which the previous owner rubbed into them.
    So I suppose taping is still the go

Fellow Frogger!
    Gib Gib,

Yeah, cant seem to track it down anymore, and if the plaky is "absorbent", it will still mark.....

Stick to your sticky tape. (not a half bad idea)

Chipper

Thread Information