Easier access - bigger numbers
  • Register
  • Help

Easier access - bigger numbers

Just looked at the number of registered users. 155. Not all that long ago that it was big news that it had hit 100. Having tried on a couple of occasions to unsuccessfully register in the past & made the observation that it was an easier job to get into Fort Knox, it is great to see the numbers on an Aussie site booming to these numbers & still growing.
    As one of the "Cit set" who haven't really contributed much to this site since it started, I thought I'd let you know that I do a fair bit of spruking on a couple of local as well as overseas sites & with some of the interesting stuff that is starting to come through, particularly the similarity of Pug/Cit models, that I am starting to refer some of my other Bulletin Boards to various subjects which have appeared on this board. Thought I'd let you know in case we have people referring to buying 405's or BX's for "Fifty Quid" at least you know where they come from. With a bit of luck we may even get some patronage from some Citroen owners. I mean, I'm so Citroen orientated that I even sleep in a water bed. Thought of using LHM instead of water but the smell was a bit strong
    So far, I've enjoyed my time with Aussiefrogs & hope other Cit owners will follow.

Alan S

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Hi Alan,

It is great that aussiefrogs has picked up, probably more so just recently. I was getting a lot of emails from people who didn't know how to register so I created a pre-forum page to give that option & seems successful.

The Citroen side of the forum is very quiet indeed. It is easy to see where all Citroen posting traffic is - insideweb boards. Incidently, do you know if they have been shut down? Just as of tonight there is a message
    Be nice if they wandered in here...

This bulletin board is aussie based but of course o/s users are very welcome
    I too am more of a Cit person. Now the proud owner of a Berlingo as of yesterday as well (Will post some pictures tomorrow)

Cheers!

Yeah the "ITW" site closure was known about a few weeks before it happened & the thought to relocate to here was mentioned. In the end it was decided to go to Boardhost as the BX Technical forum from Malaysia also went there. There has been a board set up on Yahoo & there was some confusion in the early stages but the concensus was that the simpler it was to access, the more people that would & this has proven to be the case with the Boardhost site.
    The way that some of us have approached it has been that the Yahoo site is easy to post pics to, hence it has its advantages & we are trying to have both boards complimenting each other. There is no reason I can see that users of this board cannot access that for the same reason without trying to pirate users from each other.
    If you want to have a gander at the new Cit board it is at http://members3.boardhost.com/citroen/
    Unfortunately, the Expired Citroens site also went with the ITW network but hopefully may be back on air from a different source in the near future.

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I had better update that link on the links page...
    So it would appear this board is a little more difficult to use as opposed to the biggies
    Reason for requesting registration is for liability, & like you said, impersonation problems. If the same user uses the same name on all their posts it makes it easier to relate too if you know what I mean & clicking "AGREE" is acknowledging the terms set out for use of the board.

All suggestions welcomed.
    Forum topics have provision for up to 4 moderators each & I think there can be unlimited Administrators as well.

gibgib

Thread Information