Citroen Xsara
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Citroen Xsara

Tadpole

Citroen Xsara

Hi everyone, I'm considering buying a new Citroen Xsara VTR 1.6L coupe. It has just been released here in Oz end of February this year. Has anyone any comments - good or bad? I'd love to hear from you as I'm a little nervous about buying my first French car.
    Thanks
    Cathy

Advertisement

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Kathy,

what PSA seem to do is update the Citroen then the Peugeot. So the new Xsara will probably be near identical under the skin as the new 206 when it's released. Can't see why it would be any less reliable than the Pug 206, after all they are basicly the same car...

seeya....
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Cathy,
    Agree with everything Shane said about similarity to Pug. For more info & to hear from people who actually own them I suggest you subscribe to the e-mail list for the Xsara. If the number of postings becomes a problem you simply unsubscribe. Neither costs anything.

[email protected] (should read)
    [email protected]

For more detailed info, road tests, links etc try this site in the UK done by the webmaster of the Citroen Car Club of UK, Julian Marsh -

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/members/jr.marsh/

Trust this is some help to you & don't get the eeby geebies; I have owned Citroens for the past 17 years & I am still reasonably sane (I think) & have not yet filed for bankruptcy!
    A word of advice though; join a Citroen Car Club if for no other reason than they should point you in the right direction if you need any help.

Alan S

[This message has been edited by Alan S (edited 15 March 2001).]
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Hi Cathy, Don't be nervous about buying a French car, remember they invented the motor car so if they can't get it right nobody can. We may be a little biased towards French cars but thats only because there the best, word of warning,they are addictive, once they get in you blood you'll be as mad as the rest of us and sit up all night talking to people on the net.
    How good is the Xsara? Well I've never heard a bad word about them and I work on them for a living.

David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

[email protected]

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Tadpole
    Hi Cathy, rest assured that your sense of adventure will be a rewarding one. I'll be collecting mine next week and I don't invest
    money without first researching. You would be hard pressed to make a better choice in terms of value & pleasure for your dollars.
    And "individual" which is kind of nice in these generic times.
    Regards, Michael B.

Thread Information