Ford Comette. Looking for imformation
  • Help
    Tadpole

Ford Comette. Looking for imformation

Hi there, I am looking at purchasing a early 60's french built Ford Comette. The car is complete but I'm having one heck of a time trying to find out anything about the cars. It is a sharp looking 2dr and I want to get it and restore it but I need some help. I live British Columbia,Canada and I have not seen another around or even one advertised for sale, so this would be a rather interesting restored automobile. Any help or imformation about these cars would be very helpful. Thank You. Please reply to my e-mail darelm@telus.net

Advertisement

Wow... never heard of that one!
    Any chance of a picture Darel?

VIP Sponsor
    Darel,
    SIMCA took over from Ford in the mid fifties and kept producing the 4 door Vedette, probably similar to the Comette. This car had a 2.1 litre Ford side valve V8, also known as the V8-60. There were a good number of Vedettes sold in Australia but few remain, a pity as they had a lot of style.

Regards, Graham Wallis

Tadpole
    G'day Mate, check out www.macsautoparts.com
    I've got a catalogue here in Viet Nam for Falcon and Comet if in fact it is the same car as your spelling of Comette is different but if it looks like the Aussie "Fish shop Falcon" XK XL XM XP etc then your in business. Mac's has a comprehensive catalogue, you can probably use a lot of Aussie content if necessary but a trip into the US should see you finding lots of spares.
    Cheers, Bret.

Thread Information