Who to buy from OS/Online?
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Who to buy from OS/Online?

Guys,

Advertisement

Was wondering who has bought online/OS and did they have any problems. Also did they have to pay import, etc?

Still looking at purchasing a rear exhaust. I've got a female friend in London at the moment so may not necessarily have to be purchased online.

Cheers,
    Kristian

I've been using Andyspares for years & I've never had any problems.
    Had a set of faulty headbolts arrive (cracked heads) a while back & had replacements in my hands within a week.
    You have to pay duty if the total taxes & charges are over $50, however if your friend has space in their 20kg limit, that's the easiest bet. They just declare that it's for them or as a present they've bought; either way claim it as their own which rids you of all freight, duty & GST charges but somehow I get the impression that a female tourist with a bloody great exhaust system slung over her shoulder just might attract a bit of attention. dance eek! dance

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Kristian:
    I've got a female friend in London at the moment so may not necessarily have to be purchased online.
    Does she know your selling her, let alone over the net?

Fellow Frogger!
    Hmmm didn't mean it like that but I'm sure she's open to ALL offers hehehe

I didn't think that we had to pay VAT? Perhaps you could give me a detailed example.

Cheers

Kristian we dont have to pay VAT, but when it lands here we pay between 5-15% customs duty and then another 10% gst on the value after duty has been added.

Have bought most of my parts ex UK, if you can get a good deal with freight it's worth it, otherwise you might aswell go locally if the difference is marginal.

Andreas beat me to it.

<small>[ 26 September 2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: MYT205 ]</small>

Fellow Frogger!
    So even though it's personal use or sent over as a gift we still pay customs?

GST what for it's not bought locally then no GST should be applied.

Australia Post seem to be quite reasonably for freight if you're happy to wait a couple of weeks.

yep, you pay tax on top of tax.

been a while but i think it's like this
    parts $100
    + duty 15% $15
    = value $115
    + freight $30
    = value $145
    + gst $14.50
    = total $159.50

somethign along those lines anyway, it's not just duty and gst, you pay tax on the freight/insurance and gst on the duty aswell.

Fellow Frogger!
    Thanks Andreas you made sense although it doesn't make sense if you know what I mean

So what other places are good for purchasing goods namely rear exhausts?

before you buy anything from os give Auto Paris in melb a try, they sell devil exhausts for very close to UK retail prices.

get onto some uk forums and see who they recommend to buy from, or get a copy of maxpower cos it's full of ads....just read it at the newsagent and remember the urls...dont waste a good $12.

Andreas:
    before you buy anything from os give Auto Paris in melb a try, they sell devil exhausts for very close to UK retail prices.

get onto some uk forums and see who they recommend to buy from, or get a copy of maxpower cos it's full of ads....just read it at the newsagent and remember the urls...dont waste a good $12.
    AHH i reckon $12 bucks for a maxpower mag is worth it, beats hot 4's. But id go and talk to paul (deepeche mode) from Autoparis

Fellow Frogger!
    Cool thanks.

Seems exy name to buy from UK. Might contact Esscargo and see if they can fit their system in 2 stages Cat-back and then fit the rest. wink

1000+ Posts
    Alan S:
    ...somehow I get the impression that a female tourist with a bloody great exhaust system slung over her shoulder just might attract a bit of attention...
    Get her to stick it in a condom and...oh, never mind.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Thread Information