Mod site on 16Vs
  • Register
  • Help

Mod site on 16Vs

Just been given this link from overseas. Worth a look if you have an Mi16 or 16V. Apparently gives it a tweak for very little outlay. Would be great in association with O/S intake valves & a free flowing exhaust.

Alan S

<a href="http://members.fortunecity.com/bxdriver/throttle/" target="_blank">http://members.fortunecity.com/bxdriver/throttle/</a>

Advertisement
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Cal
    Alan, is there an article that goes with the pictures? Looks to be a simple procedure, providing the A4 throttle is not too expensive. I wonder what sort of power increase it would see.

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Unfortunately, he hasn't put words to it as yet, just pics.
    One guy in the UK with a BX 16V reckons he's done his & says it cost him about 50 UK pounds (around $140) and according to him he now gets sub 7 seconds for 0 - 100 kph (he thinks)

It would have to make some difference but I think the addition of the oversize valves would be what would really make it boogie. dance dance dance

Alan S cheers!

1000+ Posts
    How ironic, i have been researching this of late after my mechanic asked me if i've ever heard of somebody changing the throttle body on the mi16.
    I told him i've heard of jag ones being used but this audi one is news to me [hope he hurries up with the text]
    I often wonder if the xf falcon t/body would be any good as this is used on a vast range of very modded cars..reliable/cheap. IT is 86mm from memory.
    My mechanic said it was my t/b that was restricting any further development atm.
    cheers jr
    jr20516v

Now:
    Exige SC [modded], 205 Si. 205 GTi , Megane R26 LY , Megane 225 [modded ]

Previous: Honda EP3 Supercharged , 205 x34 [ including MI16 TURBO, 8v TURBO, CTI, 16V+TB's, 8V+TB's,] Fiat X1-9 X3, Beta coupes x5, Lancia Gamma coupe, GTI-R, Corvette C4, Fiero x5, Alpine GTA turbo, r5 GTT Dimma, 2cv ripple nose, Lotus Elise, 205 Dimma TT, Cliosport 172.x2, Clio rs 200

The thread regarding this mod, quite lengthy:
    <a href="http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1063&s=43860fac99c304c94d7a 90ce7229c0d4" target="_blank">http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1063&s=43860fac99c304c94d7a 90ce7229c0d4</a>

jr,

Here's a posting this guy has subsequently made in regards to this

"Basically, I am going to change my throttle for one from an Audi A6 2.8 V6, when I can source one that is !"

Hope that is some help.
    I'd reckon being overseas, his chances would be greater than ours on sourcing one second hand although we do see several pass through the damaged auctions around here.

Alan S

Has anyone ever noticed that the English always seem to leave their cars with grubby, rusty, and generally festy engine bays on otherwise very well kept cars? Have noticed it time and again reading english classic car mags, proudly displaying engines on beloved cars that I would be embarrassed to show a mechanic, let alone the world!
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Cal
    Haakon:
    Has anyone ever noticed that the English always seem to leave their cars with grubby, rusty, and generally festy engine bays on otherwise very well kept cars? Have noticed it time and again reading english classic car mags, proudly displaying engines on beloved cars that I would be embarrassed to show a mechanic, let alone the world!
    I was just thinking the same while looking at a photo of 205 Mi16 on <a href="http://www.205gtidrivers.com" target="_blank">www.205gtidrivers.com</a>

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

I think there's a reason behind it.
    For starters very few keep cars under cover; most park on the street. Added to this that it has been raining over there about as long as it's been doughting over here coupled with snow & the salt they dump on it & I'd rteckon tring to keep an engine clean in the UK would be a full time job. When you see the mileages some of them do, you'd wonder if they ever stop driving them long enough to ever lift the bonnet let alone clean umder there. whip whip

Alan S

Thread Information