Check your Telco Bill
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Check your Telco Bill

Hi all, now I believe that in France they have telephones, so I think I can use that to introduce this topic :p

Anyway, received the monthly novel from Telstra (that is my phone bill is 10pages long) and I was checking it to make sure they had removed the charges for the four handsets I returned recently. Turns out that one was still on there.

On further checking I also noticed that we had some economy rate calls that had been charged at $1.51. Methinks - hang on, we're on homeline plus and the max charge is $1.50 for those calls. I'll question that too (all those 1cents add up, not just on my bill but everyone's bills - that is if we were all charged an extra few cents per month, it makes the Telstra bottom line look better).

Anyway, I said to the lady that took my call, that I wanted the charge for the phone handset fixed, and that was no prob. Mentioned the 6 calls that were overcharged and she said she would investigate. She came back to me a few minutes later and said that she had credited my account for the total cost of the overcharged calls! WOOHOO! I mentioned that I did not expect that, but she said "Oh don't worry, we do it all the time."

So hey, that's $9.06 that I got back from Telstra. Could pay you all to check your bills from the past and in future and make sure they are not overcharging. Of course check the call plan you are on before you go shooting off at the Telstra person - you could end up a bit red faced otherwise.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Advertisement

dance
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

1000+ Posts
    Craig,

I checked up once on our work Telstra bill (we beat you, 35 pages is our normal bill a month, the largest I've seen is 41) and found we were being overcharged to the tune of around $70 a month. I got a refund of $572

Took alot of convincing the people on the other end of the phone!

Ever since then I go through each bill very carefully!!

I'm off peoples.. have a good night

Derek.

Craig this goes to show why privatisation is not a good thing at all. Extra charges on bills for most people.
    Services in the bush are not up to scratch. Can you imagine what it would be like if fully privatised. It would be toal helter skelter stuff. I think it should be retained fully in the Govt's hands and keep close to the bone and the main focus should be services to the tax-payer.
    It is appalling that Howard is trying to sell it off and get some cash.
    Its abhorent...

UFO
    danielsydney:
    Craig this goes to show why privatisation is not a good thing at all. Extra charges on bills for most people.
    Services in the bush are not up to scratch. Can you imagine what it would be like if fully privatised. It would be toal helter skelter stuff. I think it should be retained fully in the Govt's hands and keep close to the bone and the main focus should be services to the tax-payer.
    Its abhorent...
    The focus of the service should be on the client, as they are the user of the service. Due to the changes in the telco laws, the client was given access to multiple suppliers and we have all benefitted from competition in the telco marketplace since then. I believe that one gib gib derives a certain proportion of his income as a result of the deregulation of the market.

"The Bush" to use a hoary old phrase that the media love so much is being better serviced all the time. Considering our small population base we are doing pretty well by world standards. Perhaps one day someone will define "The Bush", probably about the same time they realise that one fall of rain does not break a drought.

Note that it was not "Howard" who started this whole sell off thing. It was previous Governments that started to auction the country off to the highest bidder. Most of the funds from these sell offs of Telstra have been directed to the improvement of telco services.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

danielsydney:
    Its abhorent...
    Um, I guess you don't remember the good ol' days when Telstra was fully government owned and had the telco monopoly. There are many good reasons why Telstra should be privatised. But lets keep politics and ideology out of this board.
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Best I ever got from Telstra was to have $865 taken from two months of my mobile bill... and then to have the $5 late payment fee wiped because I wasn't paying anything till they got it right.

But the reason the bill was so wrong was because I was using the phone according to the plan I'd ordered and they had me on a different plan altogether!

I wonder how often that happens to people and they don't wake up to it?

Thread Information