man overboard
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: man overboard

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar

man overboard

Peugeot have a yacht in the sydney to hobart this year if anyone is interested in this millionares race
    but at the start the peugeot team collided with another yacht and a man was thrown overboard and the yacht is out of the race
    peugeot was penalised but is still in the race

Advertisement
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

UFO
    A Peugeot ran into something! How could that happen. Must have been the other guys fault! Sacre Bleu!!

Seriously though, the Froggy captain of the Pug Boat (good pun eh?) admitted fault - but he did it wiz ze Fronch acczent, so zat is Ok?
    head_ban
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

The two boats involved had been dicing a close quarters for quite a while. At the time of the collision unfortunately the other boat was on starboard and Peugeot was on port. This is not good. (though its possible that the other boat had tacked onto starboard without allowing adequate room to peugeot - couldn't really tell from the TV news)

The skipper of Peugeot maintained that the boats mainsheet had jammed and that he couldn't manouver (like getting the accelerator stuck) . Probably work about as well for him as making the accelerator jammed claim would when defending a speed camera ticket I fear.

Cheers

rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

I think Yacht races & horse races have a few things in common; the "Protest" trick being one.

My brother-in-law used to own a fairly smart nag a couple of years ago & one day at Newcastle it ran second to another even smarter one. Upon returning to scale, the bro-in-law says to the hoop "geez you'd have nearly won that if that bugga (the winner) hadn't chopped you off on the corner!!" To which his jockey replied "Yes; we were a bit stiff there; I sooled our fella up when I saw him coming.......ba$+ard was just too sharp for me......if I coulda hit him, we'd a got that one on protest." eek! eek! mallet

I think protests with professional sports are often used as "tools of trade" cheers!

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

I remember competing in the Dutton Grand Prix rally from a few years back - when the Porsches didn't do well at a stage, there was always a protest.

In fact, at one stage, after a very lost Porsche decided to follow us into a control point (us being in a R4!) driver (hubby) and codriver (wife)- both wearing colour matched overalls (matching the car colour scheme as well) - decided to try and get us to help protest the route instructions. We'd got in (just in time) without any issues, so basically we had nothing to complain about...

One thing I remember about that rally was all the protests lodged by the Porsche teams.
    '05 Pearl Black Mégane 5-Door LXR(Daily Driver), '75 Trak Yellow R16TSA (Parts Car), '74 Midnight Blue R17TS (Rebuilding), '73 457 Blue R17TL (Parts Car), '72 Alpine White R16TL (Retired), '69 Sunburst Brown R16TS (Awaiting Rebuild), '68 "Appliance White" Europa (Stored)

Thread Information