Supercar drive day
  • Register
  • Help

Supercar drive day

Good People
    Has anyone here ever done one of those corporate supercar drive days? You know, hand over a load of money and you get to drive around in a Fazz or Lambo for the day with a group of your work mates with lunch and fuel thrown in as part of the deal.
    I would be interested in your experience, was it worth the cash or was it a waste of time, better off saving your money etc.

cheers!
    Ken
    citroen_ AXGT
    citroen_ Xsara 1.8 16V

Advertisement

nJm
    My father was invited to one. I believe it was all paid for by the company hosting it. Dad got to drive a Porsche Boxter, Ferrari 348gt, Lotus Elise and Audi TT quattro turbo. Other cars at the day were a 355 with optional $10,000 exaughst, new 911 Carerra and Jaguar XKR.

Dad had a great time. He liked the Boxter and TT the most. The Boxter was great fun, but he thought the engine in the TT was incredible. He said the old (mid 80s) Ferrari was an experience. He said the interior was falling to bits and the clutch and gearbox were very difficult to use (he was driving it down Punt Rd in peakhour traffic!). But he said the howl of the engine sitting behind him was enough to make it all worth while. I think he found the elise both scary and uncomfortable. It was hard to get into, and at 160km/h the nose got really light and floaty.

Apparently there is a chance he will be invited to a rally day were they get taught how to drive Lancer Evo and Impreza STis on a dirt track by proffesionals. Sounds ok to me!

Oh yeah, they drove to the Yarra Valley, and had a silver service lunch and a very small glass of wine before driving back. There were 2 people per car.

<small>[ 18 December 2002, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Oh, the decadance of our society...

When I saw the heading to the thread, I thought it would be about one of those V8 Supercar 'experiences' at a racing circuit.

I don't consider Aus V8's to be "super" cars in any sense of the word.

Thanks Nick, it's sounding better all the time to me, I will look into it further.
    It's $495 per person for a days driving. Not cheap I know, but Jeez it's tempting. Lots to choose from, Audi TT as you mentioned, Ferrari 355, Lotus Elise, couple of Porches. I think they even have one of those 7 litre turbo charged Bentleys. :p

Decadence? Never! These are the chariots of free men ! dance

Cheers
    Ken
    citroen_
    citroen_

There's a car hire mob on the Cnr of Swan St & Punt Rd in Richmond Vic. where you can hire most of the sports cars mentioned, i've been told the prices start around $250 a day, i know of several brave chaps who have flouted the rules & hired for a days motorsport ie. hillclimbs or sprints.
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Having beig lucky enough to drive most of the cars mentioned, (not on a open road, but enough to get a good feel for the car, perks of the job), i can say that these corporate events tend to use very hard driven cars. AS the clients are often picked up outside my second job.
    ive also seen things like this for Rally cars, formula fords!, super karts!, and ive had the very lucky chance to sit in a real indy car and allowed to rev the shit out of it,(treat from my god-father) going no were of course.lol. Ive also rode first, then drove tiderly a 205 T16, in the adelaide Hills, now that would be the ultimate chariot!!!
    xqisid,

ps but to answer your question, the two cars that your dad liked TT and Boxter, are both quite easy to rent, if your over 25. Find out for your self.

<small>[ 18 December 2002, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: xqisid ]</small>
    ... ptui!

Thread Information