Tourist Numbers
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Tourist Numbers

Fellow Frogger!

Tourist Numbers

Are there a lot of tourists in your part of Australia this year?

Advertisement

There's a chance I'll come over on a cheap fare for 10 days at the beginning of Sept. Someone who was just there told me the flights between LAX and Sydney were oversold but that she was surprised there really weren't that many tourists in the places she visited down there. She visits there every July/August

sjl
    It really wouldn't surprise me if they were oversold. Don't forget the Rugby World cup starts early October.

I'm heading over to France early september for 3 weeks and wanted to change my return flight for a few days later. I spoke to the guy a Qantas and he told me the majority of their flights are over booked due to the cup.

The sad thing is though that most of the seats at the big games will no doubt be taken by whinging poms or the likes here on some special tour. Leaving the rugby fans who love the game and actually live in the country to watch the games from home or the pub. What's the point of holding a world cup when you don't even get a home town advatage? Good to see the ARU has their priorities straight. moon

Sorry I strayed off the topic. I'll still wear my French jersey proudly during the cup! At this stage I think they have a better chance than the Aussies, although last week end was perhaps a promising sign.
    "How do you like them apples?"
    306 Gti6

Jamesnj:
    Are there a lot of tourists in your part of Australia this year?

There's a chance I'll come over on a cheap fare for 10 days at the beginning of Sept. Someone who was just there told me the flights between LAX and Sydney were oversold but that she was surprised there really weren't that many tourists in the places she visited down there. She visits there every July/August
    Have you considered flying Air New Zealand, IMHO, it's the best carrier between the US and OZ down the back. Double points on during your travel period.

USD892 is the special at the moment between LAX-SYD (via AKL). <a href="http://203.167.234.188/usa/airfarespecial/1084.htm" target="_blank">Click here for info</a>. Seats available departing on the 1st, 3rd - you can check more. It's a great deal - it's cheaper to fly to SYD than AKL!

Extra 2-3" legroom (how can you live without this on such a long flight? - you have 34" seat pitch on NZ's 747-400s), good seats and great service. Plus the Kiwi accent is good for laughs

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

XTC
    Jamesnj:
    There is a few AussieFrog cruises going on around there ... it'd certainly break the record for the furtherest travelled for a cruise

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

September misses the school holidays, at least the first three weeks does.

So there won't be any overbooking there except for places reserved for International tourists... who I'm fairly sure will always be told it's high season by some operators.

Stacks of room in Australia, so tourists will never fill the place.

What about flights into Brisbane or Cairns?

Ray Bell:
    What about flights into Brisbane or Cairns?
    Noone flies US Westcoast direct to BNE or CNS.

No point really - there isn't the yield to make it profitable and airlines like United need profitability.

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Thread Information