A letter to General Chit Chat
  • Register
  • Help

A letter to General Chit Chat

Next March, "Froggy Forum" will be 3 years old, the site was actually created in late January of 2000.

General Chit Chat was created to be an off topic forum where perhaps a PC virus issue or tyre brands could be discussed for example, & the odd post about another car make sort didn't matter.

Maybe now (with more active members) we do need to limit posts involving the other makes.
    After the SAAB thread it amazes me that the creater of the SAAB thread, in all it's glory, posted another new topic about a Holden

From my recollection, this is the 6th time in the forum's history that this issue has been raised. If things could stay as they are with minimal moderation - but at the same time, we all knew to keep French as close as we could when talking cars, occasionally dipping here & there it'd be great.

This forum has a wealth of information in it's inids & it's thanks to the contributers - you guys!
    The posts on here are so articulate. Other forums (not just cars), are well below this standard.
    Perhaps it's Australia & it's diplomatic reputation combined with sensible people coming through.

Advertisement

We will resolve this issue soon, it's not easy actually as we don't want to over moderate, offend anyone or create a slinging match.

It's great that we are so loyal to Froggy Forum & want to see what's best.
    Don't take it too seriously, please

Your resident aussiefrogs creator,
    gibgib

... enough said.

sir gibgib, heres your beer a_drink ... Monica will arrive, shortly, with that cigar mallet

cheers!

<small>[ 12 December 2002, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: pugjet ]</small>
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

Eagerly awaiting the verdict.

I'm sure it doesn't hurt to repeat a few points:

* Statistically, non-Froggy car topics are in the absolute minority. They always have been. I challenge those who believe otherwise to prove otherwise.

* In several cases there was still some relevance to French marques.

* Only a small portion of those threads were rowdy. There have been a number of good quality civil discussions.

* I resent the notion that there was anything wrong with the "Dream time... unlimited budget, 5 car garage - what would you buy?" topic, because "...but got off track on other breeds & started to get a bit hot". Absolutely ridiculous that we cannot want cars beyond the borders of France, and I didn't see any evidence of the thread becoing hot. This is being rather Orwellian with its thought police message.

Does seem like I'm taking this a little seriously, but I genuinely believe that a handful of different topics adds to the interest in General Chit Chat and value to Aussiefrogs. As I've said, a little variety in discussion adds to the community here. With forums like "La Trading Poste", it's obvious that there is some community here, and some attempts to strengthen that. Provided the discussions are civil, I believe they are a good thing.

It's not like the Vikings, Spanish Armada or Teutons are invading Frogville, and it never has been.

Please Consider (oops, looks like I just borrowed a Japanese Mitsu slogan...)

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Oh yeah,

Thanks for keeping the forums alive

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Cal
    gibgib:
    Next March, "Froggy Forum" will be 3 years old, the site was actually created in late January of 2000.

General Chit Chat was created to be an off topic forum where perhaps a PC virus issue or tyre brands could be discussed for example, & the odd post about another car make sort didn't matter.

Maybe now (with more active members) we do need to limit posts involving the other makes.
    After the SAAB thread it amazes me that the creater of the SAAB thread, in all it's glory, posted another new topic about a Holden

From my recollection, this is the 6th time in the forum's history that this issue has been raised. If things could stay as they are with minimal moderation - but at the same time, we all knew to keep French as close as we could when talking cars, occasionally dipping here & there it'd be great.

This forum has a wealth of information in it's inids & it's thanks to the contributers - you guys!
    The posts on here are so articulate. Other forums (not just cars), are well below this standard.
    Perhaps it's Australia & it's diplomatic reputation combined with sensible people coming through.

We will resolve this issue soon, it's not easy actually as we don't want to over moderate, offend anyone or create a slinging match.

It's great that we are so loyal to Froggy Forum & want to see what's best.
    Don't take it too seriously, please

Your resident aussiefrogs creator,
    gibgib
    a_drink a_drink a_drink a_drink

Thank you gibgib. I was getting very close to selling the Pug and buying an MX5 because of this argument. Glad to see someone can keep a level head. Now the Pug can stay a little longer. dance

Cal.
    1995 Mazda MX5 - 2F Race Car
    1990 Mercedes 300TE
    1990 Mercedes 230E
    1977 Jaguar XJS V12
    1971 Morris Mini 1100K
    1967 Porsche 911S
    1957 Porsche 356A Speedster Replica

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    gibgib:
    now i am feeling like i need a life
    i have been hanging around this board since june/july 2000
    great board
    lets give thanks to the creator
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

pugrambo:
    gibgib:
    now i am feeling like i need a life
    i have been hanging around this board since june/july 2000
    great board
    lets give thanks to the creator
    Yeah, keep up the great work Gibgib!
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

Yes thanks gibgib it is a great board for all kinds of insight.
    Ill try to stick to the french brands as close as i can from now on. tongue

Thread Information