Denis, I love your tuftufclub.com link
  • Register
  • Help

Denis, I love your tuftufclub.com link

This sort of civil disobedience is the kind we need to propogate. Well, hell it excites me anyway.

Advertisement
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Fellow Frogger!
    Warwick2:
    This sort of civil disobedience is the kind we need to propogate. Well, hell it excites me anyway.
    Warwick,

I'm surprised that something similar hasn't happened here. I suppose Australians really must be a nation of sheep after all! For example, I would think that truck drivers as a group who spend a lot of time on the roads would be particularly incensed with this revenue raising stunt by photography, because that's all it is!

An aside here. I've heard that the so called Safe-T-Cam system in NSW doesn't work. I'm not sure if you have the system in Vic (as it was a NSW invention ) but it consists of a row of cameras mounted on a gantry across the freeway. The cameras photograph all heavy vehicles then clock their time to the next camera location. If the times are too short, the trucks get booked...or at least that's the theory.. so they measure the average speed between posts. It would be an interesting data management issue with a huge number of photo matching required and many of course would have no match. If it is true that this system isn't working, it may explain yet another planned 'crackdown' on speeding trucks here in NSW and other things like obscuring number plates!

Also as I see it, this issue is really about civil liberty and it could easily magnify because when governments get away with something like this they could easily apply the same principles elsewhere. What next? I won't attempt to guess.. hmm ... but big brother is watching! Watch Out!!!

I think the Dutch have the right approach approve - and yes the link is quite something as are all the pictures - I certainly had a chuckle when I looked at them... :p It's worth browsing the site.
    <a href="http://www.tuftufclub.com/english/index.htm" target="_blank">http://www.tuftufclub.com/english/index.htm</a>

D

While I can sympathise with the sentiments expressed by the Tuf Tuf club, we shouldn't condone the acts of vandalism on the Gatso machines. Not because it is morally wrong, but the because of the fact that it is the tax-payer who has to foot the bill for their replacements.

I certainly agree with the Safe-T-Cam system. Most truck drivers I've encountered are total maniacs. The way they handle their vehicles in busy traffic, the tail-gating of cars, the speeding - I have absolutely no sympathy for truck drivers who whinge about speed cameras.
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Billtran I disagree. The cost to the individual of speeding fines would be a lot greater than the cost of prolonged civil VANDALISM to these devices. Bugger 'em, and the attitude that installs them. They gotta go. Whats next. Data logging in individual cars, or maybe some driver training. Just quietly I support the latter.

I did my bit today, while not actually vandalism it sure pissed off the operator of the unmarked 4wd illegally parked on the nature strip on Heatherton Rd just East of Springvale road, when i spotted him he'd just finished setting up & walked round to the passenger side to sit & play with his toy. So i stopped about 2 car lengths in front of him, locked the car & took my dog 4 a walk in the park, he yelled out to me & we exchanged words He with threats of calling police & me thretening calling bylaws officer over his parking. After an hour he worked out i was going to out sit him, mind you by this time i was sitting on the railing of the parking area of the park, opposite him just looking at him hehehe.
    it took a whole hour to sink in, these blokes must be thick. When he gave in i walked across the road started up & followed him for 1km to my turnoff
    made my day.
    whip whip whip dance dance dance
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Gotta agree with Warwick on this one...the TAC is just revenue for the government. Its business, expenditure is all the advertising which includes sponsoring footy teams, income is when anyone passes a speed trap at anything over the speed limit. Taxpayer's dollars are used and we're all the contributors to this scheme in more ways than one.

Ive never been booked for speeding but each time i pass a camera i feel like giving them the finger.

People would argue that TAC is a good cause: Rubbish. There will always be hooligans on our roads and sadly, mortal accidents, no matter how many gruesome ads they show. Responsibility to limit deaths on our roads resides in driver training. Parents job

Has anyone noticed how dodgy that 'wipe of five' ad on TV is? its funny how the truck the cars hit is stationary on impact so that the car doing 65 km/h hits the trailer at the end, where the trailer meets its vertical end. The sharp vertical metal damage's the car doing 65 km/h in ways which are not possible at the middle of the trailer where the 60 km/h AU kisses...just an observation

I'd like to check the validity of the 65 km/h - 32 km/h and 60 km/h to 5 km/h braking distances they claim...

Damian. A lot of people owe you. Shame they don't know this. Fantastic stuff. That wonderful beligerent Aussie attitude that made this country great, and I'm not being facetious. Tell the dickheads to get stuffed.
    I'm sure your guy was just some diligent pleb, but he is working for the dickheads. WHat would he tell his wife about his day at work. Yeah I had a good day; I saved 12 lives. Or you won't believe it but today some moron Peugeot guy stopped me from saving people.
    I wish I knew how to make websites. wearesickofit.com.au
    We need a paintball employee with a TAC hate agenda to run around blasting paint at the cameras way out of reach.

Thread Information