Various Peugeot storage questions
  • Register
  • Help

Various Peugeot storage questions

After heading up to Buller on the weekend, i've decided i'm going to buy some skis, rather than keep hiring them. Many of my friends board/ski, and until recently, i've been below their standard, but now being able to keep up with them, i've decided i'm going to head up a bit more often. Obviously, its getting a bit late in this season for it to be a major issue (the volvo will do for now), but how do the pugs go with fitting ski gear in them? Do 405s have the holes in the back arm rest allowing them to slot through? would a 205 with roof racks cut the mustard? - skis being 185-200cm. This is going to be an issue that will define what car i purchase, as i'll be using some of the proceeds from my car to buy the gear. Does anyone else ski or snowboard? and if so, how do they find their froggies up on the mountain?

Advertisement

Regards,
    Nick

nJm
    From what I understand all Pug sedans up to the 405 had a steel plate behind the rear seats, supposedly for structual rigidity.

<small>[ 05 August 2003, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: nJm ]</small>
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

nJm:
    From what I understand all Pug sedans up to (and including) the 405 had a steel plate behind the rear seats, supposedly for structual rigidity.
    And also to stop you being crushed by luggage missiles in an accident

I really don't know how fold down rear seats can be considered satisfactory in todays safety conscience world, unless load barriers or high tensile strength nets are provided.

Dave
    NZ Fleet
    1976 504 Ti
    1984 205 GT twin carb
    1991 205 SI 1.6GTI motor
    1994 106 Xsi
    1996 Mondeo V6
    Aus Fleet
    1955 203C
    1997 Civic Cxi (great allrounder- revy, flexible, nimble, comfortable , economical, simple and durable )

The 405 Mi16 definitely has a panel above the rear seat middle to take long items such as skis, also great to drive on those mountain roads.. My father used to put his skis in a goggomobile by removing the grille and cutting a small hole behind. He'd put the grille back on and voila The skis were as long as the entire car. you could try this technique!! greg

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    i am pretty sure all 405's have a ski flap behind the rear centre armrest
    my Mi-16 had one and it was an 89 model
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

All 405's have skiports. Put both front and rear armrests down, open the plastic flap thing and slide the skis through.
    An old blanket would be a good idea to wrap around the skis and poles to stop them staining and scratching the upholstery.

On a trip to the slopes last year, le 405 carted up 3 passengers + driver, 6 pairs of skis in the ski port, 6 sets of poles (between passenger seat and door), 4 toboggans and food for 16 people. dance
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

Thread Information