Finally got some luck my way
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Finally got some luck my way

Picked up my delivery of the EBC rotors and pads. To my confusion I had 4 sets of pads and no rotors! Rang EBC direclty lucky they were open on a Saturday he said the pads were the same part no as the rotor which they had none in stock hence the mistake.

Ok fair enough but my car is booked in to have these fitted on Wednesday I can give you the grooved rotors I told him I wish they're double the price. He said since we've stuffed you about you can have them for an extra $50!

Advertisement

dance In the end I've paid $270 for the pair of grooved rotors not a bad price I say

He told me that these needed to be run in properly and can take 1,000kms. Whats the best way?

Come on the drive on Sunday. By the end of that they'll either be run in or stuffed. One or the other. roll_lau

Fellow Frogger!
    Hmmm I was planning too but am now thinking twice :p

Lucky you... but how come they're 'booked in' for fitting?

A simple job like that, no special tools... do it yourself!

Remember, a lot of people who'd do the job will charge you the labour plus what they would have made on the parts if you supply them yourself...

Kristian:
    Whats the best way?
    Several good solid stops, followed by general firm applications for the first few hundred K was the way I learned it.

No pussyfooting , but no panic stops either.

Comments?

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Fellow Frogger!
    Ray I'm actualy getting Paul to fit them since he is pulling of the calipers regreasing them flushing the brake system out and using good quality fluid for front and back $200 I don't have the time/expertise/tools to do it myself though I'd love to do it myself and save the $$$

Thread Information