I think I spend too much time here...
  • Register
  • Help

I think I spend too much time here...

I'm just curious to know roughly how long people spend looking at the Aussiefrogs forum. Some days, I can be reading through posts for over an hour, sometimes longer if I haven't visited for a day or more. For instance, tonight I've been on the forum for about an hour, and I've looked through the all except the Renault, Citroen, Trading Post, and Humour forums.

Advertisement

It amazes me to hear how people can be active contributors to two or more forums, I don't dare to look at any others otherwise I'll be on the net all day!

So how long do you guys spend on here? Am I the only one who doesn't have a life and is willing to spend so much time wading through the frog pond??

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

Fellow Frogger!
    I'm always online doing research for school, but I check into Aussiefrogs every 30 minutes or so unless I'm away. So if I'm online 8 hours researching and writing, I'll check in to Aussiefrogs maybe 16 times for 5 or 10 minutes at a shot.

Believe it or not Aussiefrogs is a learning tool.

I sometimes have 16 hours in a day on the net, but more likely 8 hours a day.

While I'm on, I have Atlas F1, Procar and Aussiefrogs fora open and check them regularly.

I could well put two hours into Aussiefrogs on a busy day. But usually more likely about half an hour.

And then there are days I don't get online at all...

Im normally always signed in on a few pcs that i normally use during work days and at home and I check it a few timesa a day and just put my 2 cents worth in... head_ban

Way to long at computer, logged on 24/7. Check the forum constantly, over 16 hrs each day, week ends are usually reasonably quiet though.
    whip
    Health and good fortune always,
    Damien.

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
    We ran to the sounds of thunder.
    We danced among the lightning bolts,
    and tore the R10's assfromunder.

Robert Jordan & memyself&I

1/48th Scale Alpine A310,
    N-scale 1/160th Renault & Citroen, Advert. Signs & Billboards

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    many hours
    the machine is on just about all day
    if i am not in front of this one i am in front of the other one in the office while i am working on other machines so i drop in and look quite aften during the day
    quite often i'll be logged into A/F's but actually on another site
    some may say too much time in front of a screen but it's also a lot to do with my job
    as a consequence of many hours in front of screens i may have to get my eyes checked in the next couple of years
    i went to have my licence renewed the other day and i did the eye sight test and even though i could read the line the girl pointed to it was just a little blury
    it wasn't like that last year and i'm not that old either
    also sitting in front of screens and of course many years in my trade as well doing a lot of fine work has started to pay it's toll
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

So that explains the high bandwidth
    01/08 - 01/09 = 19.63GB

Lately I am doing a quick check in the morning 'bout 6:30 then I may take a better look a few times in the evening, probably a total of 30 mins for the day.
    It's usually a lot more than that in the evenings however - those days will return soon!

pur-john, not pew-john! peujohn's Avatar
    Well, I come on here every evening and go thru all the new posts, but it doesn't take me long because the "Today's Active Topics" page is my homepage. If you don't use this, you should, at least if you log on daily. This way you can see all the threads that have new posts added this day, all collected together on one page. I open up just the ones I'm interested in, a new page (in Opera) for each one, then read thru them.

John
    John W

1979 Peugeot 504 GTI 2.2 litre 5 speed - 72 kW at the wheels

1974 Peugeot 504 TI
    - now on the road

2009 Peugeot 407 HDI wagon - family car

Previous: 2005 407 HDI manual sedan, 1980 504 GL, 1990 405 Mi16, 1977 504 GL Special, 1984 505 SRD Turbo

I just log on every night and check all my forums.

This one and a computer one take most of my time. This is certainly one of the more friendly ones

I do the same as Pugjohn. But I use Netscape

James

<small>[ 08 September 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: Shobbz ]</small>
    Previous
    2005 407 ST Exec
    1975 504 GL

Geez, I don't think there are many Netscapers around anymore, I too have moved on to Opera, although I might go back to Opera 6, 7 is a bit of a pain in the backside.

Now I understand, most of you guys are on while at work - certainly makes it easy to check up on new posts, although how much "real" work actually gets done? I mostly log on in the evenings and catch up with what's happened during the day. Sometimes if I've got some spare time, I'll have a look while at uni (much to the annoyance of friends - "Stop frogging around!")

I like the idea of skimming through "Today's active topics" and opening interesting topics in new windows. I might give it a try, I don't like being on the computer for too long, even if it is for looking at car stuff. Bad for the eyes, as pugrambo said.

Cheers,
    Richard

<small>[ 08 September 2003, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: silverexec ]</small>
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

I spend about 1hr after work at about 0800 and depending on what is happening at work, another 2hrs in the evening. The girls at work do not understand my hangup about my car. Citroens rule citroen_
    Regards,

Jinny.

'15 DS 5
    '74 GS Club Convertisseur

Previous
    R12
    CX 2200
    Flouride
    R20
    R19
    '74 GS Club
    '91 XM
    '94 XM V6

XTC
    silverexec:
    I'm just curious to know roughly how long people spend looking at the Aussiefrogs forum.
    Too long ... which is evident by my number of posts since joining.

- XTC206 -
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

I check every day pretty much. Spend around an hour. Also browse performanceforums which some of the other guys on here do too. I've been looking at Nissan stuff of late. Too much rice, it's sickening really.
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

I check every day or 2, and probably spend 30 minutes depending on what threads interest me. I certainly dont read every thread though!
    2_cents
    Benny
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

I only get online once or twice a week, so I take a few hours to get through the week's worth of stuff. If I get a chance to log on every day or two for a week, I usually spend half an hour to an hour on it.
    I am also on a few other forums, (morris minor, ford, volvo and locost) but I am not a great regular, just drop in sometimes. FF takes up most of my net time.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Ray Bell:
    fora
    don't know many ppl who would pluralise it that way Ray. Impressive.
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

I use the forum 45 mins a day usually only once though. Mind you i'll probalby get on again tonight.
    205 GTi (S2 ) rolled

'96 306XR "Sex" Black

Thread Information