International Aussiefrog Legendary Status!
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

International Aussiefrog Legendary Status!

Well, Alan S is an international legend (of sorts)

I was flicking through the April edition of Citroenian, the monthly mag of the CCC of UK. On Page 53 there is an article about greasing the rear swing arms of BXs. The answer given is that Alan S had documented a solution to the situation.

It then went on to say that it was on "an Australian website with some very good Citroen information." It also gives the Aussiefrogs web address.

Is this perhaps why we have picked up a few Pommy members lately?

Well done Alan (I've already phoned him).

dance head_ban citroen_ cheers! a_drink a_drink a_drink

<small>[ 02 August 2003, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: UFO ]</small>

Advertisement
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Well done Alan!

Craig are you allowed to scan the relevant page so we can take a look?

cheers!

UFO
    There is not a great deal of size to it, and besides, if the UK Cit Club wants to get narky about someone in Godzone doing this, tough! So I'll type the whole content of the section of the article. The section of the magazine is called BXchange and is compiled by David Woollard a BX fan.

A question and answer section allows BX owners to ask for solutions. So this is the bit where Alan and AF gets a mention:

"Ashley Davenport contacnted me recently with the following enquiry...

'We are in the process of changing rear suspension arms on my 1988 BXRD estate. I believe some club members may have modified their suspension arms by fitting grease nipples. Is there any information in the club archives that would help us make this improvement?'

(the response was printed)

It took me a few days to remember where I'd last seen the information and eventually it came to mind. Alan S had described his method on an Australian website with some very good Citroen information. For those with internet access the link address is:
    <a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/snippets/grease.htm" target="_blank">"the link they quoted"</a>

Alan lives in Australia, runs both CX, BXs (and a mean home brew - my bit I added a_drink ) is a true Citroen enthusiast and posts to many of the worldwide Citroen forums to share his substantial experience. I know he would be very willing for us to make use of his tips"

That's it!

gg when I get back home I will scan the section and email a copy to you and Alan.

citroen_ head_ban dance

<small>[ 02 August 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: UFO ]</small>
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information