2nd Driver
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 2nd Driver

Fellow Frogger!

2nd Driver

When you rent a car you can add a second driver onto the agreement.

If you add a second driver and the second driver has an accident are you dragged into the legal mess too? Or is it just between the second driver and the other parties involved?

Advertisement

An Australian who goes to college here has a friend in Australia who has offered to share the costs of a cross country Australia trip with me, he suggested that it would be cheaper for me to rent a car ahead of time from the US because the rental agencies will give better long term deals to Americans than to Australians. If I rented the car I could add him on as a second driver.

<small>[ 07 September 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Jamesnj ]</small>

Jamesnj:
    the rental agencies will give better long term deals to Americans than to Australians.
    One thing I've found is that when you book car rental overseas, if you book locally or use the website as a local you will get lower rates.

As an Aussie booking here, I'd have no hope at getting a Mondeo over in NZ for just over NZD 50 a day. Using the NZ site or booking over there, things are different

Best value rental ever Mondeo Zetec (ironically with the Duratec engines) with cruise, climate control, electric everything and still cheaper than renting a Clio in Australia

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

1000+ Posts
    Pug307:

Best value rental ever Mondeo Zetec (ironically with the Duratec engines) with cruise, climate control, electric everything and still cheaper than renting a Clio in Australia
    Yes, I'd agree with that. Renault Clio rental cars are damn expensive in Australia disappro

Pretending to be a local (if need be, call up the rental companies over the phone from the US, it's cheap anyway!) definately helps when booking anything like this.

Derek.

Thread Information