Classic Car Rally videos
  • Register
  • Help

Classic Car Rally videos

Does anyone know of a source for some of those videos that followed the classic car rally's (usually from the UK) thru North Asia etc etc? They were shown regularly on our Prime TV once (before the Oz guys bought the channel and swapped them for the "Footie" programme!) There were a number of Citroen & Peugeot 'oldies' involved in the rally's... Kick myself for not taping them..
    Paul NZ

Advertisement

A mate of mine has a video done by the guys from Pink Floyd when they entered the "Carrera de Pan America". Its footage of the race they entered with Pink Floyd music over the top. There is some good commentary as well. Quite a good doco actually. I'd recommend it.

As far as what cars were in it I have no idea. I'm not that old. But they are all old classic cars.

Darren

<small>[ 25 June 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: YEL020 ]</small>

Not quite what you are after, but there is a great tape of the original REDEX rallies available in Australia through ABC shops, Paul. Lots of Peugeots and a few Citroens too.

Check out <a href="http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=707788" target="_blank">http://shop.abc.net.au/browse/product.asp?productid=707788</a>

Cheers

Rod
    Rod's Home Page

Rod's car page

Peugeot 407 SV HDi estate 2008, Peugeot 407 SV Hdi Sedan 2006, Peugeot 406 ST (deadish), Peugeot 307 XSE, - Previously 403s, 404, 504, 505 sLI Wagons, 306 XSi, Renault 12, Citroen DSpecial

Are you talking about the London to Sydney rally?

this goes down through Europe, into Africs, then asia and then into Darwin, across Australia and into Sydney.

It has an official webiste, my mate did it 2 years ago in a Mustang, I will have to find the link for you cause they had video links on the site, was 90% all classic cars too, including quite a few pugs.
    "Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's Lotus sounding rough ?" - Murray Walker
    206XR 1.6ltr - SOLD
    BMW E36 325i Coupe
    73 Porsche 911RS

I'm not exactly sure of the ones you're after but I'd highly recommend Pit Stop Bookshop for these sorts of videos.

Check out <a href="http://www.pitstop.net.au" target="_blank">www.pitstop.net.au</a>

Cheers
    Steve
    Renault Clio F1R27 road car and Supercharged Lotus Elise track car

The Targa Tasmania videos make for interesting viewing too.
    Pugs Rule!

403, now sold
    404, project
    2010 Mitsubishi i MiEV electric car

Been away. Many thanks to all who responded, I will follow all of them up.
    Paul

Thread Information