New Virus Warning
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

New Virus Warning

Hi All

If you get an email titled:

Fw: humour stuff to watch :-)

Or similar, don't do anything with it other than delete it. There are new virii doing the rounds and I am pretty sure this is one of them.

Also, that greeting card virus is alive again. Do not try to download greeting cards - even from those you know unless you have up to date top qual virus scan. I nearly got stung at work the other day.

This time of the year we get lots of smarmy xmas cards from suppliers - you know, thanks for the business, can I kiss your butt etc etc, but when they come in the mail all we have to worry about is anthrax (just jokin'). But with the advent of e-cards we do get some of those. Got one from a supplier but turns out it was a virus.

Advertisement

This is also part the reason I stamped on those "you are an idiot" things the other day. Can be some nasty crap tied up in those - sorry to be a spoiler.

Have a good break from me being a smart arse or cracking bad one liners. You won't see much of me on here for the next coupla weeks as where we are going does not have a phone line - AAARRRGGHH!! Will 'net cafè from time to time.

GB - will you take over the s/a role for me?? head_ban
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

UFO
    UFO:
    Hi All

If you get an email titled:

Fw: humour stuff to watch :-)

Or similar, don't do anything with it other than delete it. There are new virii doing the rounds and I am pretty sure this is one of them.

Also, that greeting card virus is alive again. Do not try to download greeting cards - even from those you know unless you have up to date top qual virus scan. I nearly got stung at work the other day.

This time of the year we get lots of smarmy xmas cards from suppliers - you know, thanks for the business, can I kiss your butt etc etc, but when they come in the mail all we have to worry about is anthrax (just jokin'). But with the advent of e-cards we do get some of those. Got one from a supplier but turns out it was a virus.

This is also part the reason I stamped on those "you are an idiot" things the other day. Can be some nasty crap tied up in those - sorry to be a spoiler.

(insert up date)

Just got this one too:

File name: goldfish.xls.bat
    File type: application/octet-stream
    Scan result: Virus [email protected] found. File not cleaned

Was in an email titled

Fw: goldfish

Did not download though.

Have a good break from me being a smart arse or cracking bad one liners. You won't see much of me on here for the next coupla weeks as where we are going does not have a phone line - AAARRRGGHH!! Will 'net cafè from time to time.

GB - will you take over the s/a role for me?? head_ban
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thanks for the info Craig, you and Deb enjoy your break cheers!
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

GreenBlood:
    Thanks for the info Craig, you and Deb enjoy your *MONTHLY* break cheers!
    Sorry GB, just did a slight edit....you left a word out mallet mallet mallet

Alan S dance
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts
    Alan I agree with ya. SOME people have too many breaks. What fancy pants car does Craig have this time? :p

I won't say I'm on a 3 month holiday as of today though :p See ya! I'm off to Newcastle.

Derek.

Thread Information