Nazi WA Police Y_Y
  • Register
  • Help

Nazi WA Police Y_Y

What is going on. My car arrived today, and in the first 10 mins of driving i was pulled over by a bikecop who had nothing on me except a noisy car. completely standard ecxept for the remus muffler. Damn, I hear a louder silvia/skyline every 5 seconds around here!!He asked me for my mod papers, told me to get a new muffler and asked for my muffler papers! He accused me of driving a stolen car, and modifications and pulled his book out calling me an idiot saying "lets see what I can get you for!!" well, seeing it was all in order, I wasnt speeding and had done nothing wrong he let me go the magnanimus man!! Dude, if he could have got me for anything he would have. he was out for blood, abusing me and threatening me. I am not even young anymore!! Wotsup with this?! Anyway, I thought I would have a whinge. I wanna know if anyone else out there has a nice cop story to make me feel a little less picked on?! Or maybe not T_T. I dont wanna Police bash, but there are some mean spirited ones out there, making life difficult for people. It is all O.K, I have no fine ( lucky me) but I am banned from the West Perth area because it is "his patch!"

Advertisement
    Y^O^Y Banzai

Sounds like a cop having a bad day looking to take his frustrations out on the first poor sod he could and you were that unfortunate sod. You didn't say anything to piss him off after he had pulled you over? Still that's over the top behaviour.

And I had no idea you needed papers for mod like an sports muffler in WA? It's been a long time since I put a non-standard exhaust a one of my cars, back then I did not give it much thought.

Troy.

XTC
    TroyO:
    And I had no idea you needed papers for mod like an sports muffler in WA? It's been a long time since I put a non-standard exhaust a one of my cars, back then I did not give it much thought.
    Troy.
    You don't need papers .. chalk it up to a cop having a bad day - but sounds like you got close to not passing the "attitude" test deal . This is the ultimate key of not getting booked.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Administrator
    XTC206:
    Sounds like you got close to not passing the "attitude" test deal . This is the ultimate key of not getting booked.

XTC206
    I must admit, I was on the road with a female member a few days ago, whose sole reason for pulling over a car was that it had a bunch of young guys in it, and they were, god forbid, laughing.

She pulled the vehicle over, found the driver had a probationary licence and had no rear P plate displayed. The driver explained that the rear one kept falling of on cold days (suction cap) and that he hadn't realised that it had fallen off. Did a licence check, nil priors for anything.

The driver found the P plate on the back seat (one of the passengers was sitting on it) and re-attached it. The driver was polite through out, despite what I considered a quite rude and unproffesional attitude by my off-sider.

When we got back in the car, she proceeded to tell me how people thought they could get away with anything these days and that he was a smart arse???!!!

She wrote him out a penalty notice for $135. deal

Don't get me wrong, I am quite "traffic orientated" in my duties, but when a person has done nothing unsafe, and is driving a roadworthy car, and there sole offence is to have 1 P-plate missing, I think i know where the term jury fuc**er comes from.....
    mallet

XTC
    mistareno:
    When we got back in the car, she proceeded to tell me how people thought they could get away with anything these days and that he was a smart arse???!!!

She wrote him out a penalty notice for $135.

Don't get me wrong, I am quite "traffic orientated" in my duties, but when a person has done nothing unsafe, and is driving a roadworthy car, and there sole offence is to have 1 P-plate missing, I think i know where the term jury fuc**er comes from.....
    Sound's like the "attitude" problem was on the wrong side of the fence that day. No chance she was going to get talked out of it question

Makes you want to video record all dealings with the law (and people now do it) - cause if it comes down to your word against theirs - you lose.

One personal experience ... senario. 18 (many many years ago) - 31/12/19XX - 11:30pm - going from one party to another for the new years countdown - pulled over for RBT - gee guess what 0.00 cheers! - was in a 12 month old Camry (P Plates up) they decided to look over the car - decide the BEST they can do is say one tyre is below minimum tread depth - explained it wasn't my car (actually my mothers and she's no "burn-out" freak evil ) - their reply - "It's the drivers responsibility to ensure the car is roadworthy for driving "before" driving it (so what do they want me to do walk around the car each time and check the indicators !!!).

$125 fine (hand written on the bottom cause there was no category to put it in). We took the car to the RAC to see what they thought and was told "Categorically" there was no way it was too low. Investigated what I'd need to do to get it over turned - the only thing was a day in court, decided is wasn't worth going through that sh!t (I had HSC to do) and paid the fine (well actually my mother did - she felt bad, even though it wasn't anyone's fault - hey I was a HighSchool student I didn't have that much money .

People have bad days - this was one of them, but making "your problem" my problem, is mean spirited and about time they looked in the mirror. My whole family was pretty pissed.

I'm not cop lover or hater (hell I dated one for quite a while - an eye opener I'll tell you whistle ) - but IMHO their job sucks - they are never there when you need them, and always seem to be there when you don't want them - listening to people "bitch" about stuff all day must be a big de-motivator. (not to mention the stress factor).

mallet

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hey Mr 206...

I wish I could take things like that... I've been in court a couple of times, once even for 'Failure to Vote'. It usualy ends up costing you more, but at least it completely screws a cops day if they must go to court.

Just yesterday I got a $5.50 charge whacked on my phone bill from telstra for late payment. Poeple must actualy take this sh!+. I jumped straight on the the phone, I got transferred about 3times as for some reason no one liked my ,er, 'attitude' towards the charge eek! eek!

I ended up speaking to someone in billing and for about the 3rd time "So your debating the fact you paid it late??".... "No I paid it late, but this charge is complete bullshit and there not a hope in hell I'm paying it, I have two mobiles a house phone and internet through telstra, if this is the sh!+ you going to try I want them all disconnected NOW!. We'll start with my mobile, please send me it's final bill and disconnect it, the number is .........". "Hold on sir, I'll just go speak to my supperior"...

Next thing I know they want to be my best friend, yes we'll remove that charge mallet mallet etc, etc....

If no-one took this sort of crap laying down, they wouldn't bother to try and implement it.

My biggest peave is speed cameras and the 3km/h tolerance, luckily I haven't been done yet, but if I do get done for 53km/h there is no doubt I'll have my day in court If only EVERYONE that got one of these ludicrous fines would do the same thing, the whole court system would get burdened down to the point that they'd have to withdraw the stupid 'revenue raising' limits.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Yeh, I guess I didnt pass the attitude test^^! But I think I was very polite considering the circumstances and all. I dont think you need to get a licence for a muffler. I swear he was just so rude. i have had many dealings with police, and like all the rest of us there are some nice, some not so nice ones in circulation. the problem is the bastards really make their presence known. I just wish they would deal with people who were bad. He even told me that he had to decide whether to chase me or the guy in a landrover who overtook a car at speed and didnt stop at the stop sign. I guess my SA plates and noisy car were more interesting for him. Look, it would suck being a police officer, but in all industries where you deal with people on a daily basis. If you cant do the job with integrity and professionalism, DONT DO IT!! I have been the victim of crime on quite a few occaisions and the worst thingis that these same bastards who are really jaded and cynical end up as the detectives. I also have tried to take on the police for certain things in the past. blatent harrassment and arbitrary vindictiveness shown towards me. But you will find that they are untouchable. And since when did the Police as a group show such exemplery behaviour as to be above suspicion and their word being better than ours?! I understand that they deal with bastards all the time, but I dont consider myself a bastard and I dont believe I did anything to deserve what happened to me yesterday. It was nonsense!!
    Y^O^Y Banzai

mistareno:
    Did you say anything to her about that?

People like her should be getting young people to view police with respect, not cynicism.

Gee, I hope with the female affirmative action to get more women into the force I was hearing on the radio, they don't bring more of her type into the force!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Fellow Frogger!
    Hear hear Purple!

Next time ask the Officer for his Badge no.....also you can request that your conversation be taped (well you can in NSW). I've had police with "attitude" pull me over with before (for no reason) and as soon as I asked for the conversation to be taped his "angst" tapered off.

re: if it were me, i would certainly write a letter of complaints to both the relevant Ombudsman & the Police superintendant office. What we expect from those who uphold the law is often far from the case. Your concerns are VALID!!!
    2_cents 2_cents thats my 4 cents worth

cheers
    ashleyt

--------
    1993 205GTI Sorrento Green
    1990 205GTI Red - Track Car ("431")

EC:2:02.18, WP:1:16.07, OP 54.27, OPGP 1:28.83, Huntley 32.34

purplepugWA:
    I guess my SA plates and noisy car were more interesting for him.
    My brother also took his car to Perth from Adelaide. A stock as a rock two year old car, with SA plates, so obviously no problems with modifications or ages related defects. At a breath test station he was asked if the car was his, and basically had to prove that it was his car. I wonder if WA is some sort of stepping off point for stolen vehicles, and the fact that out of state cars must be few and far between makes them a target?
    1963 Renault R4 Van
    1964 Renault R4
    1967 Volkswagen 1300 Deluxe
    1969 Renault 8 Gordini 1300
    2005 Renaultsport Clio 182 Cup

Administrator
    Pug307:
    mistareno:
    Did you say anything to her about that?

People like her should be getting young people to view police with respect, not cynicism.

Gee, I hope with the female affirmative action to get more women into the force I was hearing on the radio, they don't bring more of her type into the force!
    It is not really my place to say anything. She was within her legal rights to give him a ticket. Unfortunately different officers use their discretion in different ways.....

yeh, that is the way it goes I guess. I am currently too paranoid to go out on the roads. Y_Y everytime I see a police Officer I get nervous. Some are cool and it even makes you feel O.K about getting a fine. ^_^ You guys who do that keep it up ^^Y! Stolen cars come here?! Oh well, I didnt know that. if he was so concerned he could have called in the licence plate. I think he was seriously just out to have a go. that 50 to 60 stuff is criminal though, especially when entering traffic who are going the latter. if you arent going 6o how are you supposed to merge? Anyway, to all the police who read this, I like you all ^_^Y don't pick on me. i am clean I swear m(- -)m
    Y^O^Y Banzai

One morning I was pulled up as I headed south into a little town near Grafton... Qld plates on my car, I wasn't speeding, the cop did a screaming U-turn and pulled me over.

He wandered around my car, demanded my licence, turned on his heels and walked away telling me I could go on my way.

"Why did you pull me over?" I asked.

"Because every Queensland car is unregistered or has an unlicenced driver," he claimed.

Guess I spoiled his day, but you have to worry that you're being targetted on that small pretext.

thats a bit rough isnt it. ^^, I wanna get local plates!!!!! I wonder why some of these modded sklines and similar cars dont get pulled over. They are loud and really fast. maybe they should check if they have licencing for all the gadgets they have on their cars?! I think next time I come up for rego I will try and get plates with WA on them. If I could afford it I would get a smaller exhaust fitted. Just dont wanna attract attention.
    Y^O^Y Banzai

ash
    Reminds me of a tale that ex-housemate told me once. He's part of an automotive group that prides themselves on their highly modified vehicles (he drives an s2000), yet delights in taking the piss out of the so-called 'rice boy' culture. Quite a fun group of people, by all accounts.

They were holding one of their regular Sunday morning cruises, and had advertised their meeting place in their web forum as being at an outer-suburban Melbourne shopping centre carpark. Unbeknownst to them, the police had been reading the web forum for a considerable amount of time, and waiting to greet the 'cruisers' were a cadre of cops. Apparently more than half of the cars were put off the road with illegal modifications, and needless to say the morning's activities didn't go ahead as planned.

A few days after the event, ex-housemate showed me a club member's comment about the raid, that read something along the lines of "if the cute female police officer who rumbled us on Sunday is reading this, can I have your phone number...?"
    1998 Xantia V6 Exclusive
    //\\ 1975 DS23 Pallas //\\ 1987 BX19 GTi //\\ 1985 BX16 TRS

thats a crackup. nice to show cheek in times like these^^
    Y^O^Y Banzai

Thread Information