What a non french bargain
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger! dave from bendigo's Avatar

What a non french bargain

My brother has just bought a bargain 1979 celica hatch, it is bright green from the factory and with a bit of cut and polish came up like brand new. It's fully optioned except for the sunroof has no rust and came from a family who owned it since new, even has original purchase receipt and full books and goes like a treat, he paid $600 and I've seen em for 2000 plus in much worse condition. Photos will be up soon.

Advertisement
    "Some minds are like concrete...all mixed up and permanently set."

nJm
    One of my friends has a 1982 Celica. He has had a few problems with rust, mainly on the hatch. It has never broken down and the only maintanence it has had in the past year and a bit was one oil change I think. This one has huge tyres on it though (215/50s or something like that). Looks ok, although needs a lot of work on the suspension and new shocks.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

well done. Just tell your brother that is NOT a sports car - the live axle (which has a habit of letting go when least expected eek! ), drum brakes and recirculating ball steering are not inspiring....

I spent a while driving one, and I was mighty glad to get back into my 504! But a still a bargin - see if your brother can find me a similarly treated Fuego
    I tried to drown my sorrows in alcohol, but the bastards learnt how to swim

Thread Information