Ronin last night
  • Register
  • Help

Ronin last night

So many froggies... I loved the black 405s (looking very purposeful, and also the black cit xsara (i think)? some nice car scenes...

Chandler

Advertisement

nJm
    They were actually 605s

I don't remember a Xsara, do you mean the black XM that was being chased by the Audi?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

nJm:
    They were actually 605s

I don't remember a Xsara, do you mean the black XM that was being chased by the Audi?
    Didn't notice any Xsaras. There was a Gendarme ZX though, and a few Xantias (usually being trashed by semis avoiding M5's and 406's) and I think I saw one 405. But yeah, the target's convoy consisted of 3 605's ( dance ) and an XM.

I thought the Clio-ish thing falling off the top of the car-transporter truck was quite funny...
    The machine-gunning of the E32 BMW 7-series and W116 450SEL 6.9, destruction of the (fake?) M5 and the exploding 605's were not so funny.
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

nJm
    I loved seeing the 450SEL swiping its rear a pole in Nice. Those things are huge!

The drivers of those 605s were a little pathetic, spining out and blowing up like that .

I've got the movie on DVD, and in the special feature on 'behind the scenes - in the fast lane' they say that each car that blows up actually had a stunt driver zooming along at the speed you see in the movie, then pressing a button to detonate the explosives in the boot of the car (in the 605's case anyway).

For the M5 at the end they had heaps of problems getting it to stay on its roof. They show all the times it didn't work - the M5 would get driven up onto a ramp on one side of the car, roll and then right itself with a rather dented in roof and broken windows. I'd hate to know how many cars they went through trying to make it work. In the end they did it, but had to show that 'fake' looking moment when the car goes up in the air.

I think they said they destroyed a total of 85 cars in making the movie? Something like that.
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Great movie. Made me want an old M5, just for fun
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Thread Information