Long Distance Sticker Slapping
  • Register
  • Help
    UFO

Long Distance Sticker Slapping

Well here we are in Emerald in CQ (that's Central Queensland for those that don't know, not to be confused with FNQ, NQ or SEQ or FarQ eek! )

Mrs UFO and I arrived at a motel this arvo and lo and behold we park next to a very nice white Pug 405 SRDT. Hello methinks, here is a chance to beat DeKa at his own game. Out with an AF sticker and schlip, under the wiper. Shortly after, the owners walk back to their car and we have a chat. They are from Toowoomba and drove up here today. They did 800km and used (sob) 40l of diesel cry

Had a chat and explained that AF is a web group of derranged maniacs that pretend to know and love french cars. That seemed to impress them! No seriously, I told them the truth.

My question is, is that a LONG distance sticker slap or what? dance I am over 2500km from home and over 900km from the nearest capital.

Advertisement

Also, I think I must have AFd more cars at Cit In than anyone else. Comeone guys, you are getting slack!

It may also interest you to know that the Pres's of the other Cit Clubs (of course MarkM being one of them) are well aware of AF and most participate. cheers!
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Good work there, you probably are up for the "Long Distance Sticker-Slap(TM) Award" (TM - happy now Deka?? roll_lau ) although Ray's probably got a story or two tell...

My first sticker-slap attempt failed dismally the other day. I arrived at uni and while looking for a parking, I spotted the Renault R10 that appears in the carpark every so often. I thought "Excellent, now to finally carry out my first sticker slap, MWUAHAHAHAHAAAA..." evil

After parking, I fumbled around the glovebox to get a sticker, and head over to where the R10 was parked. Guess what, in the few minutes it had taken me to park, the owner had come and driven away!! I was absolutely devastated... well, not really, I'm sure I'll see it again. cry

A question --- when leaving stickers on cars, what do you guys do:

1) select an "inney" or an "outey" depending on whether their glass is tinted or not, or

2) leave an "outey" all the time because it's easier for people to read straight away? I couldn't decide.

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

well i`m waiting for my stickers to came down,and went i do get them,lets start the games
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

Budding Architect ???? pugrambo's Avatar
    i slapped 3 504's, a series 2 Mi-16 and 4 406's the other day
    i thought that was a good days running
    3 x '78 604 SL

1 x '98 306 GTi6

1 x secret project

1 x '98 406 STDT troop carrier and i don't care if it stinks, i don't sniff it's arse Death by wank tank

1 x '99 406SV 5spd wagon, time to burn more fuel

1 x 1994 605 SV3.0

WTD long range fuel tank for 605

well about 1 month as i was driveing along i saw a 306 and i hand them are sticker as i was still driveing along doing 70kms and i don`t know if there on here i was happy with that
    97`black 306 style sold JFN 306
    04 Black 206 GTI 180 JFN 180 FOR SALE
    I HATE V8 LANDCRUISERS

WEST TIGERS= PREMIERS 05

1000+ Posts
    I think I win guys.

I stickerslapped a guy I was talking to in a silver 306HDi at Malin Head (northern most point in Ireland) last July AND I stickerslapped the Scenic I had. What's that? 16 000km from home?

The 306HDi owner stopped and asked me for directions. I only had French number plates on a left hand drive car!!! He was a bloody local (from Belfast) out on a day trip in his new purchase.

Congrats on the moving-sticker-slap Johnny! They must have had someone in the passenger seat? I've tried stickerslapping in the traffic before with just one person in each car - very difficult! You need a weight on the sticker lol

Derek.

No-one answered my question, come on guys, innies or outies??? I want to start slapping cars next week!

Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

1000+ Posts
    I always slap outties.

People can't read the innies and get confused!

Derek.

UFO
    I choose deciding on the window treatment - however as DeKa says, outies make more sense.

Here we are in Townsville - lovely place but pretty warm though. We are ensconced 9 floors up in a serviced apartment with lots of air-con.

Off to "Maggie" as the locals call it, for a bit of sightseeing tomorrow.

2 more weeks till I'm back at wwwwwwwwwww..... (w-o-r-k)

dance cheers! citroen_
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Though I did give two stickers to a Fuego owner who also has an LTI somewhere near Dubbo yesterday (about 730kms from one home, 270 from the other), perhaps the greatest claim I have to fame is rather like DeKa's...

A girl who worked with us earlier this year has a 206 in England, and she's promised faithfully to put the sticker I gave her onto that car when she returns in a month or so.

Thanks for suggestions regarding innies or outies... I'll probably stick to outies when leaving them under wipers, but when handing them directly to froggers, I'll decide depending on their window treatment (or what they prefer). deal

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

I need to get some stickers (i'll probably get some off deka) because we have 2 brand spanking new pug 206's coming in our family (one is ours and one is my grandmothers) dance cheers! , so they both need stickers so they can go faster, and i want to do some sticker slapping out at work because there are at least 20 eek! frogs in the car parks every day, and not 1 has an aussie frogs sticker disappro , so i want to spread the good word!
    head_ban
    Ben
    206 1.6 XT Auto China Blue in the house.

Hopefully soon to be C3...or C2.....owner.....maybe.....one day....I hope!!!!!

Thread Information