300 zx twin turbo
  • Register
  • Help

300 zx twin turbo

I have just found a cheap 92 300 ZX twin turbo, short wheel base targa import. This thing has 206 kw, and is a nice car to drive. Anyone had any experience with such a beast?
    The clutch on my wifes Mi16 is giving her the shits, so I suggested this car (heh heh heh). I'm not entirely sure if this is the ideal family car, but it interests me no end.
    I would appreciate any experiences people have had with one of these.

Advertisement
    "Now my dream lies shattered like the shards of a broken dream"

Warwick2:
    I have just found a cheap 92 300 ZX twin turbo, short wheel base targa import. This thing has 206 kw, and is a nice car to drive. Anyone had any experience with such a beast?
    The clutch on my wifes Mi16 is giving her the shits, so I suggested this car (heh heh heh). I'm not entirely sure if this is the ideal family car, but it interests me no end.
    I would appreciate any experiences people have had with one of these.
    They are known to have some design issues with engine bay heat, to the extent of some people having to rewire their cars due to melting......

I've also heard, the stock discs tend to crack under heavy use.....

And naturally they are pigs to work on due to space limitations...

things which can be sorted though, but can be costly, which is why they are undervalued for what they are....otherwise they are pretty decent, and the engine has been said to almost rival an RB26dett in potential

Reliability is your main concern. Most the early model 300ZX have been thrashed in japan and lived a hard life.

The motor overheats alot but can be recified with appropriate cooling techniques. Apprently the engine block sometimes forms condesation in between the V and problems arise.

If you get a good 300ZX they are great cars but the problem is alot of the imports are lemons and will cost alot to maintain.

Other than that they look good, go good and handle good for the price you can pick them up for they are a bargain.

<a href="http://forums.melbccr.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=carchat&Number=278372&page =&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1" target="_blank">http://forums.melbccr.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=carchat&Number=278372&page =&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1</a>

Check this link out for more info....better yet put a post in the technical section about 300Zx you will get alot more knowledge and straight answers than a forum about french cars.

<a href="http://www.melbccr.com" target="_blank">www.melbccr.com</a>
    Go to the Forums section
    PEUGEOT 306 GTi6 (1997-1999 HYBRID)
    105.4kw (141HP) ATW
    2:09 Phillip Island (Toyo Street Tyres)

2001 YAMAHA YZF-R6
    119HP

1993 MITSUBISHI 3000GT Twin Turbo
    300BHP
    STOCK-14.006 @97.4mph HEATHCOTE
    STOCK-1:15 CALDER Long Circuit (Stock Street Tyres + Stock Pads :banghead )
    (For Sale)

XTC
    DTwo:
    They turn like a pig as well - great for cruising ... and even some high speed acceleration, but getting 1.5+ tonnes "around the cones" is not easy.

XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

XTC206:
    DTwo:
    They turn like a pig as well - great for cruising ... and even some high speed acceleration, but getting 1.5+ tonnes "around the cones" is not easy.

XTC206
    The few i've driven have actually been pretty tidy handlers (though "heavy").....they'd certainly outrun most aussie equipment through corners.....especially a TT....

While not the most agile of "sports" cars, with proper tyres etc, they stay planted quite well......

The 2+2 300zx twin turbo is supposed to be better. I drove a 2 seater twin turbo and the rear wanted and did break away when the boost came full on. Not nice in a big heavy car (remindered me of the soarer t/t) especially in the wet.
    Present: 406 petrol 2.0 turbo 97(GB Import), 205 gti 1.9 89, Yamaha TZR250 3xv 93 (Jap Import)

Past: 205 gti 1.6 1988 (Singpr Import), Citroen 1.9 BX16valve, 405 1.9 mi16, 405 2.0 mi16,
    205 si 93, Mini GT, Datsun SSS x3, Dodge Ram, kingswood, Yamaha TZR250 2ma x2

Hey mate...You've left your Barina's lights on

Also, watch out, they are prone to engine fires. My friend lost his 300ZT that way.. he is now the proud owner of a normally aspirated 280. Nice car!