Drove a DB7 aston martin....nice.
  • Register
  • Help

Drove a DB7 aston martin....nice.

Just thought id share with you guys, i know its not a frog, but, Astons are few and far here in OZ.
    Ive driven this car before, but only in the carpark/speedway at work...lol.
    BUT, unusually, today i had to take it to the International "united" section, to greet a guest who was the owner, we had his car for over a month.
    In the car park i couldn't wipe the smile, as i hit the ignition button on the center console...nice.
    The drive down got the better of me and i gave it little hits in the under pass sections of the new hy-way towards the airport. 70-150 very quickly!!.nice... and then awesome brakes, cornering?? never really got a chance as the traffic didn't really allow for any tricks... although i did drift it slightly on a round about near the airport it self..nice.
    Once there, i calmed down and into 5-star mode, you know Yes sir, certainly sir...
    The owner asked me to drive back whilst he attended to bussines on the phone,...nice. Slowly we headed back, i think he noticed i was taking it slow, and proceeded to "please get a bit of a move on as i need to meet....blah blah.." who cares about the rest, before he finished the sentence i was on the gas about 5-10K over and weaving in traffic as you do in a 1/4 millin car...
    Arriving back at work, it felt like a real cack having the door opened by my fellow workers, who wanted to know why im so lucky...
    The guest asked to have it left on the drive and handed me a $50 for my troubles.... like i said nice.
    that made my day...few cars have it all go, show, comfort, room, luxury and badge snobery that even Ferrari's can't match.

Advertisement

cheers
    Xq

ps, just a nice story i thought id share.
    ... ptui!

nJm
    How did you get this job???

I envy you! I've been lucky to have rides in some pretty impressive cars, but I've never driven one. Then again, I shouldn't complain considering I'm still on P plates .

Lucky bastard is all I can say a_drink
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Nick,... if you need the extra cash and have time to spare, there is alovely 5-star hotel in melbourne called The Westin Melbourne..
    go and apply for a VALET ATTENDANT p/time position... if you get a job within 8-10 months you'd have driven nearly all your dream cars.. no jokes.

Ive been on/off valet for over 8 years and doing it for over 2.5 at my current part timejob... nice tips too.
    But Astons and the like are a rarety so when a chance comes i grab it by the horns, or keys that is..
    cheers
    Xq
    ... ptui!

nJm
    Did you have to do any special driving courses etc for insurance purposes? I'd hate to think what would happen if you scratched a Bentley eek! ?
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

nJm:
    I'd hate to think what would happen if you scratched a Bentley eek! ?
    ..... bentley,.. well there's a story.lol
    cheers
    Xq

ps, you just need a manual full license.
    do you want to hear about the bently damaged, and other exotics that have been, ahem taken care of?
    ... ptui!

nJm
    Well, only if you want to tell us... wink
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

I hope none of them were caused by you in any way... eek! Do tell...

Oh, and did the DB7 come with any optional extras, a la James Bond??? roll_lau roll_lau

Lucky bastard comes to my mind as well. dance head_ban

Cheers,
    Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

OK, incidents at fancy hotels....
    *few years ago the old Regent in Sydney had a Lambo(1st gen Diablo) stolen right out of thier carpark. Turned out to be a former worker... obviously knew all the tricks.

*The Bentley story.... we had a 2002 Bentley with 3500K's on it, parked on our drive way.. immaculate!
    A staff member was reversing a Commodore wagon (with tow bar) in front of it. He was being guided in but didn;t stop when told to and panic set in, he then plunged the accelerator on the holden and sent it breaking the number plate cover, but also a small crack/dent on the plastic bumper!!... shit we thought the worst, so we rang Bentley of Sydney, arranged for new covers and a Tech to come and fit em' but he needed the drivers ID number.. meaning we had to confess up to the owner who we all though was a grumpy old fart.
    2 hours later he arrives, we show him what hapened.
    He slips us a $20 and says "..don worry about it.",
    He returned 2 days later, all fixed up, NEW bumper curtesy of Bentley of Sydney. Now thats service...

*R33 Vspec.... about 6 years ago, i was at work when a nice perfect, R33 Skyline GTR came in, now back then R33 V-spec's were VERY rare in Sydney.
    The young driver got out, sliped me a $5 and said hel come to see me in 2 hours and wisked his hot young chica to our top bar.
    He left it running and in the middle of the drive.. back then we had a strict rule that we do first in, first down... so i left it as was and agreed with the commisinoare (doorman) that ill be back and proceeded to take an old subaru down.
    When i turned my back to fill in my valet ticket, all i heard was a few steps, thud of a door and whaaahaahh, tish, whaaaaaaaaa.... into the distance. SHeeeet.. i knew what just happened.
    The car was never found and our Insurance paid up over $200,000 as the car was a private import, thus the owner valued it...
    See what happens when you don't listen to your heart and follow procedure.

*The cleanest Jag..
    At a defunct hotel a very silly Valet agreed to wash a very nice XKR Jag, The young fool was only concentrating on how quick he could do it, and then collect his money... but he forgot to close the sunroof and water got in every were as he didn't realise it til the car was very wet.
    Im not sure wat happened after that, but im sure this didn't help the hotels reputation.

*1st day at work, quick one.
    a newly hired Limo drivers first day at work turned into disaster when he pulled in to the drive-way and wasn't mindfull of the 1/2meter streched BMW he was driving.. As he came in he cought the rear 1/4 of a NEW E320 Merc and his car.... both cars suffered lots and he dosn't drive limos...lol.

cheers Xq
    there's more but im lmho as i type remembering all of these.
    ... ptui!

Thread Information