I'm Back
  • Help

Thread: I'm Back

I'm Back

Hi Guys, I'm back, My system died a horrible death about 2 weeks ago and I've been out of action ever since. I've lost all my emails so if I havn't answered anyone it aint my fault.
    Ben, Did your driveshafts arrive?
    Shane, The last email I got was from someone you sent, wanting front end bits for a CX2500, I got his email but I couldn't answer him, if he still needs them I should be able to help.
    Ash, Last one I got from you was the lowered 8G, I know the car and the people but I can't place them.
    My new address is frenchco@alphalink.com.au
    Seeyas
    David.

Advertisement
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi David,

no worries, I think that may have been Juraj? Sound familiar? Anyway I'll let him know.

The BX starter turned up. Thanks for sending it so fast, and passing on the savings. When your quoted $270 + gst you usualy expect to be charged the whole amount. Not $245. You buy price was cheaper than you expected?

The plastic little crapbox is going great again, thanks for all your efforts in ordering in all those parts, even those obscure little power steering ram bushes.

seeya.
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

David,

I think it was David Fienberg from ACT? He has a CX 2500 CX GTi that needs some front end parts.
    I've sent you a private message which will pop up on your e-mail with a copy of the e-mail I got from him/ It also has his e-mail addy on iy.
    juraj that Shane speaks of is in Sydney and has a 2400 and a GS so I can"t see it being him

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Alan,

I think your right, Juraj had asked me about lower arms bushes & I pointed him in Dave's direction. Maybe he's already been given a fright at the price of them, then he's found out you need 2 per side Then rapidly decided the car drives ok as is....

I still haven't got over the price of a new starter motor Maybe I should go price one for a new Magna, that should make me feel better

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!
    Hi David,
    \I was beginning to wonder if we'd hear from you again! In answer to your question - I am not sure- the warehouse guys at Dads work in Oz are taking their time getting back to him about them. I didn't want to freight them over as I was told it could be horrendously expensive- so will combine it with some of my dads stuff when it comes over. How much shorter did the the shafts end up? I am starting to get a bit nervous as I have a car meeting in the first week of December and it may take 3-4 weeks for those shafts to find their way to me.

Anyway I'll keep you posted- particularly if they don't fit

Seeya Ben

Hi Guys,
    Shane, yeah, if I can find a better deal I'll pass it on, I can't promise it and sometimes it goes the other way but I'll always try.
    I can usually do good deals on starter motors, a Berlingo starter is about the same price where as a Holden Combo is over $500, now I want everyone to realise this, the Berlingo is half the price of the Combo, tell your friends.
    Other starters are even cheaper.
    I can't remember the guy with the CX so I hope he will get back to me.
    Ben, those shafts were sent weeks ago, they have been shortened enough so they will work, but not to much as to weaken them (so you can still do burn-outs), because youve moved your motor back I don't know if it will cause any problems.
    Question, Just before my system died I got some emails from a guy named Rob from the Renault car club of South Africa, I can't find him or the club anymore, anyone know of him or the club, how would I find them?

David.
    David Cavanagh

FRENCH CONNECTION / PEUGEO WRECKING / RENOSPARES / CITROWRECK

03 9338 8191 or 03 93354008

34 KING St
    AIRPORT WEST
    VIC 3042

frenchconnect@bigpond.com

https://www.facebook.com/FrenchConect

Thread Information