RONIN
  • Help

Thread: RONIN

RONIN

For those of you in Melbourne, RONIN is showing on channel 7 at 20:30 Sunday night. If you've got nothing better to do and haven't seen it, I recommend it. So-so story line, but it's got a fair few interesting car chases involving French cars and full of immortal one-liners.

Advertisement
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

I watched it last year on sky , like you say there are some good chases in it, there is one scene where they are chasing an M5 Bimmer through an underpass in a 406 , if you look carefully at the internal shots of the bmw the clocks arent even registering any speed or revs ! and yes before you say it i am getting out more now
    Keep it shiney sideup

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Guys,

forget the commercial filled sh*# on TV, go hire the DVD. It's a fairly ordinary movies, but the chases scenes are fantastic. Particualy the one with the XM, only problem is with anti roll suspension the XM looks like it's only crawling along compared to the car it's chasing!!

On the DVD you will also get all the behind the scenes of how they did the car chases (better than the movie itself). They actualy had extra controls hanging on a bracket off the boot of the cars. They had professional race car drivers controlling the vehicles from here (how's that for hard driving, controlling a slide while sitting behind the rear axle!!) Great stuff!!

Go get the DVD, and crank any subbies/surround sound up that you have while watching it... Listen to those motors howl.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Just finished watching Ronin. I'd like to say that it is a crap film but it probably has the best car chase footage since the Blues Brothers. I'm not quite sure how Aussiefroggers are going to stomach the number of French cars being destroyed

With that being said, I'm quite happy to have Natasha McElhone drive my car anytime
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

I bought Ronin on video sometime ago, but it doesn't have all the outtakes and behind the scenes footage

Gotta love the smoking J-turn by Jean Reno in the W116 Merc 450SEL 6.9.
    XM driver must be commended for evading a 4WD nitroused Audi S8, especially offroad. Pity the poor Peugeot 605's - great car, but can't do much against a rocket propelled grenade....

Originally posted by billtran:
    <STRONG>Just finished watching Ronin. I'd like to say that it is a crap film but it probably has the best car chase footage since the Blues Brothers. I'm not quite sure how Aussiefroggers are going to stomach the number of French cars being destroyed

With that being said, I'm quite happy to have Natasha McElhone drive my car anytime </STRONG>
    1987 Peugeot 205 GTI S1
    1996 Jaguar XJR X300
    1991 Honda VT250 Spada
    1992 Peugeot 405 S (R.I.P. 31/07/2005)

the movie is pretty good...but i thought RONIN number plates would be pretty cool....so i went out and bought them...a gift for my 205 gti....PROBLEM is everybody wants to race me...be nice to have a blown Mi16 in it....one day.......

nJm
    Check out my recent post with screen caps from the DVD
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thread Information