Dimensions On The Move
  • Help

Dimensions On The Move

For those of you who don't know, there is a show on the ABC on Thursdays (6:30pm) called 'Dimensions On the Move'. It's subject matter is transport so cars are not only focus on this show.

Advertisement

However, there is a segment on it called 'My Car' where viewers get to show their 'pride and joy'. The last 5 episodes have featured junk American crap (well, the last episode featured a Holden Torana Coupe but it's just the same s**t with a different smell!). I think, seeing some of the wonderful French Cars some members have, it's about time they stood up and volunteered for this segment.

It's about time to break this Yank tank stranglehold on TV.

Here is the link to enter your car:
    Dimensions On The Move - 'My Car' Segment
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Good idea

Another episode another Yank tank...

Well, it was the last episode and it was a Foulcan XYGT (were the Ford managers dyslexic?). It's bloody annoying that we have this american garbage monotony on TV!

Very disappointing that no Aussiefroggers have nominated themselves. Is my feeling that Froggers feel unworthy to their fellow Yank/wank tank owners correct?

1000+ Posts
    I think it was only last week that they tested the Citroen C5, wasn't it? Not a bad show, actually.

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

I might take a look at this show tonight. I've missed the eastern states version but I can catch it on Sat, the Perth version @ 9:30.
    Fellow Froggers huh... I like that better than Hopping Mad Member.

gibgib
    Fellow Frogger

Billtran,

Hang in there 'coz I'm nominated and there is something about me that most of you guys are unaware of that might just make me a fairly likely candidate to be accepted. :p
    If I get the nod, chances are that being as far away from the action as I am, I may have to send in my own video which is no great problem as we know a professional video producer so if it comes off it will be done well and I'm sure it will catch attention as well as raise a few eyebrows

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

1000+ Posts
    "This edition of Dimensions On The Move is rated MA. It contains strong nudity, sex scenes, and adult themes."

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Sounds about right

Alan S

See toldja there were things ya didn't know.
    My missus reckons "Frequent strong course languge" particularly after an incident I was involve in today.

mmm not a bad show.
    Amazing what they can do with clay, & battleships

See toldja there were things ya didn't know.
    My missus reckons "Frequent strong course languge" particularly after an incident I was involve in today.
    Alan, do tell

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

This ought to try the moderators sense of humour out
    I am turning right on a fairly busy road (by our standards) across oncoming traffic, the first vehicle of which is a wank tank with an impressario behind the wheel (presumably talking on the mobile) complete with the gold rimmed sunnies, bracelet and the mandatory elbow stuck out the window as he hurredly puffs on his Marlborough; this is to give the impression of being stressed through the amount of work he has to get through in any given day, and his importance in the world of commerce.
    There is a break between the car that has just past & Mr Self Importance so I give the c-matic a blip on the accelerator and up pops a rather oily looking character on a push bike riding down the wrong side of the road who proceeds to ride right across my path.
    Now if you thought Mr Self Importance was a worry with his attitude, this one was at the other end of the spectrum. Knee length shorts, going legal with the coolite crash hat, no shirt so that the world could see all the tats he has etched all over his arms, legs and body. I stop, but Mr Self Importance driving his wank tank (hereinafter referred to as an IST - "Indestructable suburban tank") keeps bearing down on me giving the impression as most of these kind of tossers do that he always wanted to hit another car to see how well the highly finance company encumbered underinsured pile of Jap techno crap would stand up to the experience; makes a great conversation piece at the *Club* you know.
    Doing the right thing, I prop to let the bike through and wave him across accordingly whilst at the same time keeping an eye on the wank tank pilot who is osing the centre of the bonnet like bin Laden does an AK47.
    I couldn't believe it; he starts to ride across and calls me a f@#$%^& hgiwhtrth!! It was like waving a red rag at a bull! I could have easily run over the clown and been totally in the right so in rapid reflex reaction I yelled "Get f!@#$% you greasy f@#$%^& tatooed f!@#$%^& loser" at which point Mr Self Importance decided he wanted a bit of the action and blew the horn and braked hard (still a fair way off at this stage) which was greeted with the respones "And you can get f@#$%^ too!!!"
    Wife was not impressed. "We've got the only blue CX in Town, everybody knows who we are" "maybe so! at least if they want to abuse me they'll know what to expect"
    Looks like I'll be driving the BX for a while if I want her to come with me

So Greenblood, there you have it.

Alan S

Ahh well Alan,
    We don't get that sort of thing in the big smoke, The guy on the push bike would have been wearing a full length lyca body suit with one of those bean sprout helmets, full fluro and black, as he approached the intersection he would have slowed and gestured you with a cheery wave, of course the guy in the very respectable late model Japanese import, would be talking on his hands free and be smoking Panatellas? he would have seen your dilemma and given you ample room to brake, you would have given him a polite wave as you turned to your wife and smiled one of your best

Ahh yes civilisation

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Alan,

you'll like this, Tuesday I was driving home from work and am just starting to enter a roundabout, a women in a taxi is approaching way to fast, she looked me straight in the eye's & pulled straight out in front of me (sort of daring me not to stop). Now I have to brake extemely hard not to hit her, not quite a crash stop, but pretty bloody close too.

Me being me looks straight back, tramped the old girl, her arse hits the deck, both front tires gave a screach & I was away!

The look on her face was just amazing, it'll have me laughing like an idiot everytime I think of it for the next month. The site of a CX heading for your drivers door on full song wouldn't half wake you up & see the error of your ways! . She swung hard on the wheel driving up onto the footpath & JUST out of my way.

I confused though Why do people think my driving is dangerous, and why do I scare them when I've never had an accident

There one taxi driver in this town now that actualy obeys the road rules (at least does when she see a red Citroen bearing down on her :eek .

seeya,
    Shane L
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Stuey wrote:
    Not a bad show, actually.
    I reckon the Dimensions Series is very good. It's just that the people who decide on the My Car segment seem to have a narrow view on cars (only GM or Ford ). There have been 15 episodes and 7 have been dedicated to the wonderful products from GM and Ford

Alan S wrote:
    Hang in there 'coz I'm nominated and there is something about me that most of you guys are unaware of that might just make me a fairly likely candidate to be accepted.
    If I get the nod, chances are that being as far away from the action as I am, I may have to send in my own video which is no great problem as we know a professional video producer so if it comes off it will be done well and I'm sure it will catch attention as well as raise a few eyebrows
    My apologies Alan. What car have you nominated? Unfortunately yesterday's was the last episode of the year so you'll have to wait for next year (if they decide to keep the show).

To Greenblood, Paul Smith, and Double Chevron:
    You guys seem to have lovely DSs and IDs respectively. Why don't you guys nominate yourselves? The DS and ID are two of the most beautiful and futuristic sedans ever built - on those strengths they should be chosen.

Gibgib wrote:
    Fellow Froggers huh... I like that better than Hopping Mad Member.
    How about this Gibgib:
    New members: Tadpoles
    <20 Posts : Young Froggers
    >20 Posts : Mad Froggers
    Queenslanders : Toads

Regards,
    Bill.
    (P.S Just wonder how to get full scale battleship turrets on my car?)

Billtran,

I don't think the car has a real big bearing on being selected apart from its novelty value, number of years owned etc.
    I've gone on the number of Cits we own which in a % sense to the overall number in Town is a feature plus our remoteness from a dealer coupled to a c-matic sounding a little quirky (ie) [Quote] "A manual three speed with only two pedals, using an electrovalve controlling a torque converter instead of a standard clutch system" which should make their eyes pop.
    I doubt that I will repeat the dose of the Falcon guy with the safari suit which kind of describes a Ford owners mentality really doesn't it?

As far as titles go I think you suggested "toads" for Queenslanders so no doubt "cockys" for NSWelshmen shouldn't be a problem? :p

Alan S

That's one thing I've disagreed with. Queensland has as many cocky's as NSW. Perhaps there are more blowies here though but then again, central QLD must nearly topple that status.

billtran, there can only be:
    newbie, member, moderator, administrator
    We have:
    new frog, hopping mad member, moderator, moderator
    I think we should change them!

Thread Information