Stickers, and a welcome to any new members
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    nJm

Stickers, and a welcome to any new members

Thanks Chris for the huge wad of stickers! 30min after receiving them today I sticker slapped a white 504 with P plates down the road from me, and a silver 505 GR that looks identical to mine at Uni.

If those people did notice the stickers before driving off... Welcome!

Advertisement
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

XTC
    nJm:
    Thanks Chris for the huge wad of stickers! 30min after receiving them today I sticker slapped a white 504 with P plates down the road from me, and a silver 505 GR that looks identical to mine at Uni.

If those people did notice the stickers before driving off... Welcome!
    WA stickers arrived today, Thanks Chris - so any Sandgropers after a sticker fix just drop me a line - or rock up to the next Pug GTi drive day (4th May 2003) ... see <a href="http://www.206GTi.net/wa" target="_blank">www.206GTi.net/wa</a>

peugeot_ XTC206
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

nJm
    I put one on a Renault Megane soft top today at Monash Uni, so if that person comes on, hello!
    Nick
    1983 Peugeot 505 GR

"All of its cars from the 1.1 litre 205 through the ugly duckling 309 to the 2.2 litre 505 GTi had a rightness and a righteousness about them that turned every humdrum drive into a journey. Someone, I once wrote, in the bowels of Peugeot understands handling and how a chassis should feel." - Jeremy Clarkson

Thanks for the stickers Chris, my stash arrived yesterday.

I was thinking, maybe it would be a good idea to keep this thread somewhere near the top, or provide a seperate, easily seen link that people who visit Aussiefrogs after they've been sticker-slapped can go to, so they can find out more about what Aussiefrogs is and why they were sticker-slapped (apart from the obvious...) A possible reason could be that a frogger has noticed their excellent choice of vehicle and thought that they may be interested in getting to know other people with the same excellent tastes? mallet

Something along those lines anyway...

I think it would provide the potential frogger with a warm welcome to the "club." cheers!

Just a thought 2_cents What do others think?

Richard
    - Richard

Now: 405 SRI D70 '93
    - 2.0L manual
    Earlier: 505 GTi Executive '85
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

rek
    Or maybe a link on the front aussiefrogs.com page, since they might not think to go to the forum straight away.. 2_cents
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

Hi all,

I agree with Rek. The stickers state aussifrogs.com. This takes you to the front page where you have the two main choices of Enter or Straight to Froggy Forum. I found it a bit confusing at first (although I am regarded as a bit slow by some!), navigating the site. I would imagine most of us have a link in our favourites that would lead us straight to the Forum. I have not looked at the front page for ages untill today. A clear link for those who have been sticker slapped would be helpful. This link could explain why they received their sticker, the philosophy of the Forum and a bit about the members.

Cheers,

Ralph.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

..... i like this idea. Geez we have some brains here.
    Perhaps GibGib/moderators could pitch in thier thoughts...
    We could place a litle flashy link saying "Did you cop a "Aussie Frogs" sticker?>>>>>>", on the main page, and have that as a link/guide to new people. cheers
    Xq
    ... ptui!

Sounds good. We do need to inform visitors that this forum is the "guts" of the site. The main site is reference only really, rarely changes.

Does someone want to come up with some words to explain what we are about?

Please post here cheers!

...Gib wasn't this ever brought up before?,mabe its just me. Anyhow, being the notorious mouth that i am, how bout this,
    ---"French car in the blood?,...well so do we. Join Australias largest free French car web-forum, Aussie Frogs. All makes welcome especially frenchies, we we! @ <a href="http://www.Aussiefrogs.com"" target="_blank">www.Aussiefrogs.com"</a>
    OR
    ---"Join and post on australias most popular French Auto forum 'Aussie Frogs'. Great infromation, stories and a few french like opinions to help you enjoy your french car as much as we do!... just dont mention the S**B word..
    ...maybe not the last line.
    cheers any others.
    Xq
    ... ptui!

Yeah, chop the line about the SAAB.

Personally, I think it's a bit childish and given the thread's gone, newcomers would have no idea what some rant on about.

Have to agree, that was a great idea Peter!

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Pug307
    [QB]Yeah, chop the line about the SAAB.

Personally, I think it's a bit childish and given the thread's gone, newcomers would have no idea what some rant on about.[QB]
    BTW, that's not a knock against you Xq, it's just against the way people go on about the SAAB thing!

Cheers,

Justin

Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

Its all good, nothing thought of the Saab thing i just threw that in for a laugh, a personal froggie laugh. Infact both scribes sound like im selling some sort of product, not sure wat GibGib actually wants, or wat the majority want this site to be about...
    Id like to hear from the more established members such as yourself, AlanS, RayB, UFO, GB, Deka, Phasis, Andreas, Gib himself, and all the others (i think there is about 300 regulars. long list..), who make up the various charachters in Aussie Frogs.
    Even thought this is GibGib's site its a common interest and the diversity in the great and varied members that we have, that makes this such a friendly and awesome site. That alone keeps me interested.....
    cheers Xq

ps SAAB, Ford leaf springs, awdvsrwdvs fwd, alternative fuels, radiation, radiators and speeding fines.. etc all fun no matter how many hairs people ripped from thier heads as they typed away a reply....lol
    ... ptui!

Good thread, I do agree that the front page for sticker slapper people could be better if it was the forum, however given the sticker is just right atm (gee I'm not bias am I? :p ), as a suggestion to Gibgib, we could make the forum the default front page for the site.

I understand that we are using standard forum software but surly it is customisable to some extent. Or perhapes a very simple front page built with Flash to select whether someone enters the site proper or go straight to the forum which could have the catch phrase "Aussiffrogs Forum - Sharing the Knowledge".

BTW I 'slapped' a GTI6 the other day. Also, there is a fella just around the corner from me in Annerly who has 5 Cit's parked out the front of his house alone eek! I have been really slack and haven't given him/her a sticker yet. I had run out until I found a stash when I cleaned my desk out.
    B to the R to the A from the D
    1994 MX5 Clubman...are you sure it's not French?

It is surely possible to redirect index.html to the forum front page. Only problem is that the main site becomes buried, only accessable from a small text link at the bottom of the page.

Another way would be to incorporate the forum into a frame from the main site, however frames are a pain & I'd have to re-design the site. Users with low screen res will be side scrolling then too.

If someone is willing & able, please feel free to do a flash/ java improvement.
    My capabilities have remained a bit ancient when it comes to web design.

xqisid, good job wink . Perhaps not the "Sell" thing though.
    They can join us because they want/ need to

Gerry, I will have a bash at a flash front page next week. No promises though as I have only ever made one flash presentation <a href="http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~hcw/" target="_blank">here</a>

<small>[ 19 April 2003, 10:50 PM: Message edited by: Phasis ]</small>

I agree with gibgib, if the default page was the forum, new visitors probably wouldn't get to explore the rest of the site (for the first few visits anyway). The current format seems to be good, as new visitors can explore the main site and find out what Aussiefrogs is, and then progress to the forum if they wish (I know I checked out the main site first and then looked at the forum afterwards when I first visited eons ago). The site won't seem as though it's just the forum.

For people who have received stickers, a link on the default page sounds right.

I'm working on an explanation of the site, I'll hopefully post it a bit later on for consideration... deal

Cheers,
    Richard

<small>[ 21 April 2003, 05:37 PM: Message edited by: silverexec ]</small>
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

How's this? I admit I "borrowed" a few lines from xqisid... cheers!

Welcome to Aussiefrogs.com! You have received an Aussiefrogs sticker because a fellow "frogger" has spotted your fine choice of vehicle and wanted to let you know about Australia's most popular French car resource and forum.

Aussiefrogs is an Australian based website that caters for Citroen, Peugeot and Renault owners who like to chat with other similar minded people about things related to their cars. Whether it be maintenance, performance, history or anything else, the Aussiefrogs forum will help you to enjoy your French vehicle as much as we do!

Feel free to browse around the different areas of the site where you'll find a large range of articles and pictures for you to download, as well as links to other French car related sites.

We know you'll find Aussiefrogs to be a helpful and friendly place to find information on your Froggy vehicle. Don't forget to put your sticker on your car, it's guaranteed to increase your car's handling and performance!

Makes me feel warm and fuzzy...
    Suggestions?

Richard
    - Richard

- 2.0L manual
    - hence "Silver Exec"...
    25 GTX '86
    - manual conversion

... sorta off topic but got a friendly wave off another 205 gti driver down city rd, the other day. this dude was in an immaculate black (mustve been a respray) s1 gti with a painted rear reflector - looked real horn! approve

looked as if he followed me down toorak rd till ma turn off. i wouldve stopped to chat but had to be places, meet important people, yadda yadda yadda whistle .

even a blind lepper wouldve seen the aussiefrogs sticker planted on chloe's arse... so if youre out there read'n this: howdy ! .

cheers!

p.s. im feeling warm and fuzzy after reading richard's "welcome note" wink

hows this:

Welcome to aussiefrogs.com, australia's most popular meeting place for french car enthuisiasts and home of australia's premier french car forum.

thats as far as ive gotten so far - im sleepy mallet .
    current frogs :
    '94 s3 alpine 205GTi

daily ding magnet: '98 1.8 16v citroen xsara

previous frogs:

88 S1 205GTi
    '95 306S16

gimme corners. . .

1000+ Posts
    Richard,

That's really good. Me in my sticker-slap-happiness set up something like that to print on an envelope last year - the idea being that i'd put my sticker in an envelope and put that on the window. I know it'd have the initial reaction of 'oh shit I got a parking ticket' as the owner returned to the car but

My problem was my laser printers both at home and work kept chewing up the envelopes so I gave up

Does that sound like a good idea to people??

Derek.

Phasis:

Also, there is a fella just around the corner from me in Annerly who has 5 Cit's parked out the front of his house alone eek! I have been really slack and haven't given him/her a sticker yet. I had run out until I found a stash when I cleaned my desk out.
    I think Lance Collins from DS Motors at Red Hill used to live somewhere in that area so chances are it could be him.
    He wouldn't have anything there any later than a CX if it's Lance; more a Traction/GS type of owner.

Alan S

<small>[ 22 April 2003, 08:39 AM: Message edited by: Alan S ]</small>
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Yeah Alan, most are quite old. I am not up-to-speed with Cit models but there are about 2-3 Traction/GS's. Worth while 'slapping' him or would he not know what a Computer was.

BTW, I was in Toowoomba this weekend and got chatting to a fella who ownes a red S16. I met him at the McLeans bridge meet last year but didnt have any stickers. Gave him a few yesterday so he should be joining us soon cheers!

Speaking of which, I want to organise a crew to go to the show this year. I will start a tread on the Meets section.

Phasis:
    Yeah Alan, most are quite old. I am not up-to-speed with Cit models but there are about 2-3 Traction/GS's. Worth while 'slapping' him or would he not know what a Computer was.
    It wouldn't hurt to slap him as he could be a good outlet if he came aboard.
    As he is a long time member of the CCCQ, I suspect he may be a lurker so he may be waiting in ambush for you now you've posted you're after him. tongue whip

Alan S
    If it ain't broke, use a 12" shifter.....that usually does the trick!!

Lance saw the sticker on the back of my GS a couple of weeks ago and asked what it was all about. His laconic response when I explained made it difficult to judge his interest, so it may still be worth sticker slapping him to jolt his awareness/memory. (Says Bruce, who was visiting DS Motors 'coz he'd forgotten to ring them back about a part he'd been chasing 2 months earlier blush ).
    Bruce H

Now 99 Xantia SX x2; 96 Xantia SX; 76 GS Club Estate x2; 76 GS Club; 74 GS Club; 88 VW T3 Reimo
    Before: AX Gti; BX 19TRi Estate; CX 2200 Super & Pallas; CX2400 Pallas; CX 2400ie Prestige auto; DS3 DStyle; GS Pallas; GSA Club; Xantia Image Estate; Xantia Exclusive; Xsara VTR R4; 1.4 Special Estate; Virage; R16TS

Contact for the Australian Citroen GS GSA and Birotor Register http://australiancitroengsgsaandbiro...com/index.html

Can we have "stickies" in this version of the forum software? This is a message that stays at the top of the forum list. We could make this the welcome area where new members could say hi for the first time and see what the sticker is about...

My guess is we can't do stickies otherwise they would've been used by now...
    - Lincoln

Contribute to the World Community Grid.

Doesn't look like it as I can't find where to do it in the Club forum.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Thread Information