Aussiefrogs/Google Advertising Campaign
  • Register
  • Help
    1000+ Posts

Aussiefrogs/Google Advertising Campaign

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd post the results of my Aussiefrogs advertising campaign on Google that has been running for about 2 weeks now.

The advert that appears is at the left on the first page of this PDF file.

The columns are as follows:
    keyword - the keyword a Google searcher types in
    clicks - the number of clicks on our advertisement that keyword has resulted in
    Impr - Number of impressions (or views) the ad has had on that keyword
    CTR - Click Through Ratio (percentage of clicks compared to ad impressions or displays
    Avg CPC - Average cost per click
    Cost - pretty obvious
    Avg Pos. - Position our ads have taken in order (maximum of 4 ads displayed at a time. If it is 1.0 it means the ad was always top of the list, etc

All the new keywords at the bottom with zeros are ones I jsut added through Google's keyword suggestion tool (it draws on keywords you already have and adds extras.

Advertisement

PLEASE DON'T GO TO GOOGLE AND SEARCH ON ALL OUR KEYWORDS for the sake of seeing this ad or you'll blow this out of all proportion for me, but I wanted to post this so everyone could see what I was doing.

Any suggestions? It does appear to be bringing in new members. If you're a new member and found us through this advertising, please post a message here and let us know.

The link to the PDF is:
    <a href="http://www.bluekey.com.au/aussiefrogs/AussiefrogsCampaign.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.bluekey.com.au/aussiefrogs/AussiefrogsCampaign.pdf</a>

Derek

Interesting.

Don't know what all that really tells us though
    I submit aussiefrogs to search engines every few months.
    Yahoo submission before they started charging was a bonus & helped a lot in kicking the site off.

The keywords in the header tag could probably do with an update.
    Currently:
    <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">code:<hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">&lt;meta name=&quot;keywords&quot;
    content=&quot;aussiefrogs, peugeot, renault, citroen, french car club, french cars,
    australia, frogs, aussie, car club, froggy forum, forum, bulletin board, facilitate, bastille, talbot, Rr, sphere, hydraulique,
    DS, GS&quot;&gt;
    &lt;meta name=&quot;description&quot;
    content=&quot;A medium for all French car owners in Australia (and the rest
    of the world) to discuss their French Marque, help others to share
    knowledge with like minded enthusiasts. Forum allows registered members to
    also advertise their car/parts for sale or wanted FREE. List of French car
    Clubs and contact information to facilitate and encourage participation&quot;&gt;
    &lt;title&gt;aussiefrogs.com - Welcome&lt;/title&gt;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The title is very short which is bad for search engines. I'll get in & fix it when I get my gofast WWW back on.

1000+ Posts
    gibgib,

I think it tells us lots of Renault owners are looking for a forum?

renault, followed by citroen and then frogs produced the most clicks on the advertisement. peugeot dropped off the list as not enough people clicked on ads displayed after typing in peugeot.

I don't plan to run it forever (maybe another week or two?) but all I thought it might do is produce more useful keywords for the site or something like that.

Most of those keywords came out of Google's suggest keyword tool in this advertising system.

If you want me to keep running it I will

Derek.

Deka,

Hope you are funding this venture from the sale of Aussiefrog stickers on Ebay roll_lau

There's no doubt about you, your a confirmed Aussiefrog cheers! citroen_ peugeot_ renault_

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

rek
    GreenBlood:
    Deka,

Hope you are funding this venture from the sale of Aussiefrog stickers on Ebay roll_lau
    Buying advertising space that is funded by selling advertising .. it's a perpetual motion marketing machine! wink
    Peter
    2008 Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD Sportcombi
    2011 Volvo C30 DRIVe 1.6D

1000+ Posts
    We've gone a bit beyond that amount of spending I'm afraid.

Work is paying for it.
    SHHHHHHHHHH what the boss don't know won't hurt him!
    ah we run Google ads anyway.

Derek

Thread Information