Are we working it out OK?
  • Help

Are we working it out OK?

Just wondering if anyone is having any problems with the new layout & features?

Advertisement

The board seems to be operating nicely
    I've been so busy at work that I've bearly had a chance to buggerize around with it

Not having to put in a username & password is great & I am quite surprised at the amount of guests who visit as well.

On a technical point, & from my understanding, pages are created as they are requested & then stored in the cache (on the server) so it saves a heap of space & enables faster processing.
    The new board freed up 25 megs
    If anyone wants hosting of their French Car site (no cost) on aussiefrogs, get in contact.

Anyone got any comments on the upgrade?
    Not all the features are on.

gibgib

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Hi Gibgib,

everything looks good, and works well for me Those little 'graemlins' work well, and the board appears much faster.

I've recently upgraded my netscape version (a couple of days ago). I reckon it's cut the speed of my entire pc by about 1/3rd. Really not impressed about that at all.

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Actually Netscape does some weird things with web language.
    I assume you can't see the "Peugeot Spin" avatar some members are using. I don't know why this is so
    IE 6.0 is good thus far & has provision for cookie supressing for certain sites you are unsure of. This board uses cookies so you need to allow full on here if you don't want to put your password in everytime

Gibgib,
    Site is working well, cool being able to see who's mooching around and what they're looking at (I like to watch ) One drama, when I have had a look around, I would hit the Aussifrog banner at the top of site to switch off light bulbs, so on my return I would see new posts, these will only go off now if I close browser and re-enter site? What other features are you saving us from

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!
    Gibgib,

My experience is that the new software is much slower than previously as my Navigator busily downloads what appears to be the whole site every time I exit from reading an individual thread.

I'm on Optus cable too and have never experienced these sorts of slow downloads.

Any Internet is only as good as the 'weakest link' [to coin a phrase] so I wonder what is going on here? It has become very painfully slow at times - takes me back to my old dial up 28.8k modem days!

I should add that my system is 'tweaked' for maximum Internet performance in a number of areas too.

cheers,

DC

Slower? Much slower! And I use a number of BBs, so I am very much used to how long they might take... I use a dial-up connection with 56k modem.

Not sure what I can do about the speed
    Aussie servers are so expensive compared to the US.
    If anyone knows a cheaper or equal deal to the following on an Aussie server please contact me..
    US$19.95 for 150megs of space, cgi-bin, domain pointing (with no ongoing monthly fees), good support & rarely (never) outage prone.
    I too have Optus cable & have noted it a little slow at peak times.
    Off the ftp fastest I get is 35 Kbytes/ sec which is poor

Yeah gotta say, things are much slower, may still be related to the US, I notice Aus. Cit Bullitin board has also slowed
    work related sites I use seem OK but may be hosted in Aus. All the same it's worth the wait for good read

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information