To increase Internet Explorer bandwidth....
  • Help
    Tadpole

To increase Internet Explorer bandwidth....

To increase Internet Explorer bandwidth do the following click on Start > Run and type Regedit, then go to the following are***

Advertisement

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURR
    ENT VERSION\INTERNET SETTINGS

Right mouse click in the right hand window move mouse on to new DWORD value and add MaxConnectionsPerServer and make the value 8 decimal then Right mouse click in the right hand window move mouse on to new DWORD value and add MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server make this value 6 decimal and close reg edit now you can run
    Internet Explorer with out rebooting and downloads and new
    pages will be faster.

--- This does actually work, i've put it on my machine, Adrian S, and Alan S's machine

1000+ Posts
    Hey Roddy!

It works! Definitely a speed difference; thanks a lot!

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Roddy,

I prefer to use Netscape, is there any way
    I can carry out this modification to increase
    the bandwith on Netscape? If it is possible,
    please provide me with revised instructions.

Thanks
    george

1000+ Posts
    ...mind you, this site seems as slow as ever

Stuey

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Tadpole
    George,

With regards to your post about getting this to work on Netscape Navigator, I don't think that it would work somehow I think this feature is by Microsoft and probably isn't compatible with Netscape Navigator

If you like, I'll search around on some forums and see if i can find one for Netscape and get back to you

Roddy S

Roddy,

Thanks for your help,but please don't spend too much time looking for a Netscape
    equivalent as I'm using MS Explorer a lot
    more now (after the modification) and I might
    stick with it.

Cheers
    george :p

Netscape? What a problem I have with it... can anyone explain why it won't access certain web pages that can be readily found with IE?

As much as I would like to support the underdog but I'd have to say that MS Internet Explorer is superior to Netscape Navigator. Why? IE is more stable, quicker, and better designed (though this point depends on the user's preference).

I have used all the versions of Netscape and found that there are sites which can't be viewed with Netscape. The latest version takes over a minute to load and is very unstable. I tried to persevere with it but it has frustrated me so much that I've now removed it from my system and from the server at work

And in response to Ray, I have encountered the same problem. I suspect the reason might be because many people are using MS Frontpage to create their websites and use coding standards which are fine with IE but are not compatible with NS Navigator

[ 11 October 2001: Message edited by: billtran ]
    You're not paranoid if everyone hates you.

Netscape sucks. To me it is rather slow and I don't like the interface with all those large buttons. It reminds me of those phones in old folks homes with the oversize buttons. Internet Explorer 6.0 is now out and seems faster and more reliable than MSIE 5.5 with service pack 2.

A good alternative to anything Microsoft or Netscape is Opera. It is available from http://www.opera.com/. The latest version is 5.12 and supports Java. It works with Windows and there is a version for Linux and a few other OS. The unregistered version has advertising built in that takes up a sizeable amount of screen real estate that can be removed by either registering it which costs $39 US or by other not so honest means.

Cheers.
    On the internet, no one knows that you are only wearing a fez.

Received with thanks from billtran
    And in response to Ray, I have encountered the same problem. I suspect the reason might be because many people are using MS Frontpage to create their websites and use coding standards which are fine with IE but are not compatible with NS Navigator
    Perhaps this is Microsoft's revenge for what happened in court?

That said, however, it is aggravating that smilies go crazy, that you can't access 'angelfire' sites (a great freeby host for putting your posting pics, by the way - 50 megs free!) and other atrocities.

I only use it as a means of duping my way into a place where I'm banned... avoiding the cookies I have in IE that prevent me getting there...

Thread Information